What's new

Playoffs or Lottery Pick?

Playoffs. With Hayward, Favors, Evans and Tomic possibly coming over and the Nets' pick, we have enough young players. The Jazz need to create a commitment to winning, playing team ball, and pride. Call me crazy, but I think the Jazz could actually win a round.

Draft blows, and this team could definitely use the experience. Besides, I want to see them succeed. Missing the playoffs in 03-04 was crushing, despite it being one of the most fun seasons I've experienced as a Jazz fan.

If we are good enough to make the playoffs then great, but if Irving comes out we may need two lottery picks to move up and grab him. Irving is going to be sick and he would make us forget about dwill real quick. So while I am against tanking, if we miss the playoffs I wont be too torn up about it.

Well if the Jazz make the playoffs will Ty play the rookies. Most likely not so how much experience will the young guys get. I still want the Jazz to win but if they try hard and are not good enough to make the playoffs then I won't be disappointed this year if they don't. I am looking long term and the Jazz need a lot of help still even though many Jazz fans think otherwise. All we have to do is replay the Detroit game to know how far the Jazz are away. Just play hard and see what happens.. efforts like Detroit will ensure that the are in the lotto this coming year.

Lottery - If we get a second lottery pick, it is an asset. Assets can give you leverage for where you eventually want to go. This would allow us to move up in the draft to get the player we really want. Let's face it, we are rebuilding and if we can rebuild quickly, the less pain we will all feel.

I'd just like to watch some exciting basketball and see a glimpse of the Jazz future, if we make the playoffs I'll enjoy watching, if not I'll enjoy the extra pick.

Get the young guys some minutes, there is no reason to play price and give Hayward no minutes. Give Favors a little more time, Millsap plays his best ball when he gets no more than 30 mins anyway, let Favors take the rest.

I'd prefer playoffs , but the Jazz wings and Jefferson/Milsap lack of a box out are saying Lottery.

Jazz mostly did well tonight in terms of the playoff hunt. Portland, New Orleans, and Memphis all lost. Only Phoneix who managed to pull a win in OT prevented this day for being perfect (at least if you want to see the Jazz make the playoffs, as I do).

Even if we make the playoffs and the rooks don't get on the court in a game, just soaking up the intensity with their teammates who do play and practice would be great experience. And guys like CJ, Jefferson, and Millsap who are still young need a bigger taste too.
With the Jazz lottery record, I'd be careful about wishing too hard. We always seem to go DOWN from the position we 'should' be picking instead of up higher. Remember DWill?? KOC got lucky in finding a trading partner to trade p to get DWill... And I think just this year we dropped a few picks to #9...

It'd be better for this team to make the playoffs. A lot of young guys that need a taste of the post season.

Even if we make the playoffs and the rooks don't get on the court in a game, just soaking up the intensity with their teammates who do play and practice would be great experience. And guys like CJ, Jefferson, and Millsap who are still young need a bigger taste too.
With the Jazz lottery record, I'd be careful about wishing too hard. We always seem to go DOWN from the position we 'should' be picking instead of up higher. Remember DWill?? KOC got lucky in finding a trading partner to trade p to get DWill... And I think just this year we dropped a few picks to #9...

Nope #9 was the projected spot. Jazz did get completely screwed in 2005, they were on target to pick #4 but two teams jumped ahead into the top 3, pushing them down. I recall KOC looking like he had lost his first born child.