What's new

Playoffs Thread

The Jazz Wonderbra

We are going to the playoffs. That's my opinion because the team keeps refusing to tank. Our coach is too good to tank. We traded away 4 rotation players for diddley and signed some 10 days and it feels like production has possibly gone up. Dunn looks like a difference maker. Damian Jones looks like an upgrade to Udoka and a better fit than Vanderbilt. Other players are stepping up. I was absolutely convinced we would finally get around to tanking but since the trade deadline we have won 4 of the last 6 including some late game come backs, poised finishing in the 4th quarter, and even a block win from Kessler. Our schedule over the next 2 weeks is road heavy but it doesn't look that tough tbh:

Spurs
@ OKC
@ OKC
@ Dallas
@ Orlando
@ Charlotte
@ Heat

So, it feels like it's time for me to stop hoping / expecting a tank so I don't get disappointed. Our lottery pick is coming from the Wolves. Hopefully those balls jiggle the way we like em and we end up with a top 3 pick.

Let's assume we are going to the playoffs. It brings up a zillion questions for me...

Is 500 basketball good enough? What are the odds we can squeeze in to a top 6 seed? How does our SOS compare to other 5 - 10 seeds? How likely is home court in the play-in round? Would a playoff series be the best thing we could hope for to get Och, Kessler, and Lauri to all take the next steps? Could we actually win a few playoff games? Does it help us know where to shift moving forward? Are you pro-playoffs at this point? Or is making the playoffs the muthahflipp'n biggest waste of cheese turds?

Playoffs huh? Discuss...

We still have some tough games left...Sacramento twice, Boston twice, Dallas, Milwaukie, Phoenix, Denver, Miami. I'm guessing we probably go 3-3 or 2-4 on this 6 game road trip coming up. The play in is possible but definitely not a guarantee, especially with some of the scrubs we've got coming off our bench now.

I see the Jazz going 3-16 to 5-14 the rest of the season. Best case I see the Jazz going 8-11. I do not see how their schedule is going to help them make the play offs

I see the Jazz going 3-16 to 5-14 the rest of the season. Best case I see the Jazz going 8-11. I do not see how their schedule is going to help them make the play offs
I think we win 7 or 8 unless Lauri or Walker miss games. I could see us going lower but not by a lot.

L @ OKC - I think this is a loss. Jazz are not great on the road. Besides, it would be very good for the Jazz to lose the next 2 games
L @ OKC - There is a good chance that they split
L @ Dallas - I think Doncic and Irving pull this out
W @ Orlando - This could be a win but I think Banchero VS Markkanen is going to go to Banchero
W @ Charlotte - If the jazz win a close one against the Magic this could be a lapse game but come on the Hornets are just bad
L @ Miami - This is a loss I am positive of it
L Boston - too much for the Jazz at home
L Sacramento - Battling for playoff seeding the Kings beat the Jazz at home
W Portland - this should be a win and if they do not it will be a bigger losing streak. they do not play well against portland
L Milwaukee - Not beating the bucks
L @ Sacramento - another loss as the kings are a much better team
L Phoenix - this is a close-fought game but phoenix needed the win and get it
L @ Spurs - This could be the game that breaks the losing skid but I think the Jazz lose again
L @ Boston - not beating Boston in Boston
W @ Nets - Just are not very good anymore
W Lakers - Trying to make the play in games the Lakers pull out all the stops but still fall short
L OKC - This could and should be a win but for some reason, the Jazz are flat and lose this home game
L Denver - Jolic has a triple-double and the Nuggets win on the road
L @ Lakers - Jazz play all the youngsters and get the loss to the lowly Lakers. The loss flips draft positions for the Jazz

See 5 wins and 14 losses

L @ OKC - I think this is a loss. Jazz are not great on the road. Besides, it would be very good for the Jazz to lose the next 2 games
L @ OKC - There is a good chance that they split
L @ Dallas - I think Doncic and Irving pull this out
W @ Orlando - This could be a win but I think Banchero VS Markkanen is going to go to Banchero
W @ Charlotte - If the jazz win a close one against the Magic this could be a lapse game but come on the Hornets are just bad
L @ Miami - This is a loss I am positive of it
L Boston - too much for the Jazz at home
L Sacramento - Battling for playoff seeding the Kings beat the Jazz at home
W Portland - this should be a win and if they do not it will be a bigger losing streak. they do not play well against portland
L Milwaukee - Not beating the bucks
L @ Sacramento - another loss as the kings are a much better team
L Phoenix - this is a close-fought game but phoenix needed the win and get it
L @ Spurs - This could be the game that breaks the losing skid but I think the Jazz lose again
L @ Boston - not beating Boston in Boston
W @ Nets - Just are not very good anymore
W Lakers - Trying to make the play in games the Lakers pull out all the stops but still fall short
L OKC - This could and should be a win but for some reason, the Jazz are flat and lose this home game
L Denver - Jolic has a triple-double and the Nuggets win on the road
L @ Lakers - Jazz play all the youngsters and get the loss to the lowly Lakers. The loss flips draft positions for the Jazz

See 5 wins and 14 losses

I think we win 8 more games, unless we really get aggressive in our efforts to be as disadvantaged as possible. That would put us at 39 wins and I'm guessing just outside of the play in, so that's what I'm expecting.

Even if we get fully healthy, I think our maximum wins would be 11, which puts us as 42 wins and probably 9 or 10 seed with a roster that I'm not sure is capable of winning a play in game.

I personally would rather our front office have as high of odds to get first dibs on selecting Lauri and Kessler's next teammate vs watching us lose a play in game.

Jazz have the 3rd toughest remaining schedule in the league according to tankathon.