What's new

Playoffs ... who are you confident the Jazz would beat?

Beer

In order of confidence (plus a few eastern teams for NBA finals possibilities)

100% confident - Spurs, Grizzlies, Portland, Thunder, Mavericks, TWolves

75% confident - Nuggets, Heat

50% confident - Rockets, 76ers, Raptors, Bucks, Celtics

25% - Lakers, Clippers

Lakers 18%
Clippers 40%
Denver 95%
Houston 60%
Mavericks 95%
OKC 90%
SAS 100%
Milwaukee 45%
Boston 95%
Miami 90%
Toronto 80%

Lakers - 30%
Clippers - 40%
Rockets - 50%
Mavericks - 60%
Nuggets - 70%
Blazers - 70%
Thunder - 80%
Spurs - 85%

Bucks - 35%
Celtics - 50%
Sixers - 60%
Heat - 70%

As of right now...

Spurs 95%
Wolves 95%
Blazers 90%
Nuggets 90%
Thunder 80%
Mavs 65%
Rockets 65%
Clippers 50%
Lakers 35%

Magic 99%
Nets 95%
Heat 75%
Pacers 65%
Celtics 65%
76ers 60%
Bucks 50%
Raptors 40%

Confident we would beat any team if we are playing with the same confidence and chemistry as the past few weeks.

Early results are way over-confident against the Nuggs. They’re deep, skilled, and have an incredible home court.

In order of confidence (plus a few eastern teams for NBA finals possibilities)

100% confident - Spurs, Grizzlies, Portland, Thunder, Mavericks, TWolves

75% confident - Nuggets, Heat

50% confident - Rockets, 76ers, Raptors, Bucks, Celtics

25% - Lakers, Clippers

The Heat have had our number pretty bad. Why lower than the Celtics?

Early results are way over-confident against the Nuggs. They’re deep, skilled, and have an incredible home court.

The Jazz haven't really had problems with the Nuggets historically. Part of that is because Gobert is a bad matchup for Jokic. Denver is deep 1-12, but in the playoffs you don't go much past 8.

Please explain

Not my take, but

Tbh, Nuggets team seems some soft to me on defense (they run hard, but in terms of contact, i'd say they're a bit soft, Jokic couldn't hold Kanter, for example), nor see them really having a reliable go-to guy to close games (Harris were problably their best last playoffs, and he's a good player, but is he at least 2nd option level on offense ?). Also, Malone is a guy i don't expect the best making adjustments. In terms of Jazz matchup, those past years i say whoever controls the tempo of the game usually wins, and if i'm not mistaken, we've been doing it better.

But, honestly, don't see those problems on Heat, they have a really good coach, a great closer on Butler, depth, good mix of youth and vets, some number of physical defenders... Fear them more than the center-less Celtics, for example.

Not sure why everyone thinks the Clippers are so scary - we match-up well against them. I'm concerned about the Lakers, Houston and the Nuggets. Everyone else is meh.

If Michael Porter Jr can stay healthy and continue to log minutes he's going to be a big asset to the Nuggets. He could become the X factor for them to move up in the playoffs.

Kv7Q1Xu6Jyl_Ly9fXu5fg6GjzopM8L_SJ8S3Y7riWq71XV5MqUNhXgcVmLHN8WFR6ERFzp8UqYQA87EnAtki9Cc07rhZtxUNyEViv89t-Cx-=w320-h128

Please explain

The Nuggets play 12 players 10+ mpg. All of em are good enough to give the starters plenty of rest while maintaining the same level of production. That is great for the regular season. It allows a team to get a lot of wins. But it means absolutely nothing in the playoffs when rotations shorten and you have to rely more on top end talent. Their top 12 is better than most other teams top 12's. But their top 3 can't compare to the top 3 of teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, etc. Their top 7/8/9 doesn't compare either.

The Nuggets play 12 players 10+ mpg. All of em are good enough to give the starters plenty of rest while maintaining the same level of production. That is great for the regular season. It allows a team to get a lot of wins. But it means absolutely nothing in the playoffs when rotations shorten and you have to rely more on top end talent. Their top 12 is better than most other teams top 12's. But their top 3 can't compare to the top 3 of teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, etc. Their top 7/8/9 doesn't compare either.
I generally disagree with this assessment of their roster. And, to a lesser extent, disagree with these requisites for playoff performance.

Jokic is absolutely legit. And a couple of other players are very likely to emerge on any given night into the strata of a player that will help win playoff games. Deft coaching is all that’s required.

And, there’s always the very real chance that Denver cashes in some of its depth for a better player (plenty of rumors suggesting this may happen by this year’s deadline). They’re in the driver’s seat on this issue.

Lots of people thought Denver would regress this season, citing their unnaturally easy schedule last year and a couple of other clutch statistics. Instead they have the best record in franchise history right now. In the end, I just don’t feel overconfident in any bet against them.

Last nights game was another indication that we are pretty good at winning close games. We are one of the top teams in the league in the clutch. We need to stay with top teams and give our 3-point shooting and Rudy a chance to win games. One concern is we are plunging in defensive rankings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JazzFanz mobile app