What's new

Playoffs!!!!

Somewhat obligatory based on the thread title

giphy.gif

Seems like we say that every year.

true, but being the number one seed for the majority of the season, and getting more attention that usual....

maybe this year is different. with Don and Rudy two bigger names. The pressure mounts. I'm disappointed we didn't try and fix the holes of this
awesome group of guys. We haven't been so close a title in decades. It's sad that unless we get ridiculous hot shooting, and catch some
breaks in the playoffs we wont reach our ultimate goal.

Can't come soon enough. Really the regular season is too long with so many meaningless games that It's getting harder to get excited about the games and Jazz only need to prove themselves in the playoffs. That's the only step left.

Can't come soon enough. Really the regular season is too long with so many meaningless games that It's getting harder to get excited about the games and Jazz only need to prove themselves in the playoffs. That's the only step left.
I think 72 games is about perfect. Spread that out over a normally 82-game season length and you get fewer back to back games, better competition, and more meaningful games. Hard to cut it much lower than 72 because 72 games means you play each team in your conference 3 times and each team in the other conference twice. Makes a lot of sense.

I think 72 games is about perfect. Spread that out over a normally 82-game season length and you get fewer back to back games, better competition, and more meaningful games. Hard to cut it much lower than 72 because 72 games means you play each team in your conference 3 times and each team in the other conference twice. Makes a lot of sense.
it makes better sense to play 72 but it is still too long. Especially the middle part. You lose one and look at the schedule and there are tons of games to make up for it. Hell, Portland only has one win over good teams and they are making the playoffs.

Think if it was 36 games and would we lose twice to Minnesota and play lacklustre hoping for a win? I can't imagine the reaction if we lost those in a 36 game league.

I know the money is the reason and it won't change, just saying I am kinda tuned off till the playoffs.

it makes better sense to play 72 but it is still too long. Especially the middle part. You lose one and look at the schedule and there are tons of games to make up for it. Hell, Portland only has one win over good teams and they are making the playoffs.

Think if it was 36 games and would we lose twice to Minnesota and play lacklustre hoping for a win? I can't imagine the reaction if we lost those in a 36 game league.

I know the money is the reason and it won't change, just saying I am kinda tuned off till the playoffs.

It would suck bad if it were only 36 games. I really like watching the jazz games. It's my favorite part of being a fan. I want to watch jazz games as often as possible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It would suck bad if it were only 36 games. I really like watching the jazz games. It's my favorite part of being a fan. I want to watch jazz games as often as possible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
It's the difference with Europe and USA sports, I guess. The whole structure is so different.

Still, i forget more Jazz games than I remember ones and that's not the case with my fave team in Turkey. I get that it's entertainment and NBA is like Marvel films of sports. More popcorn than anything else.