What's new

Please Jzz tank the rest of the season so we can get another lottery pick

I'm sorry but the infatuation by some on this board with Gordon is beyond me. He is not a true point guard by any means and at 6'3' and without elite athleticism, he's quite undersized for the shooting guard position. That will always be an issue on the defensive end unless you have a stud point who can defend the two but how many of those are there in the league? Two or three? Add in the fact that the Clips are headed for the lottery again and I can't help but think he's just a guy who will put up numbers but doesn't know how to win. In fact, if I recall correctly, his squad at Indiana was mediocre the one year he was there too, perhaps largely because his shooting percentages were awful. Just another guy who can chuck up numbers until I see otherwise.

Say what you want about him being a huge checker... you'll get no argument here. But I would say the guy is pretty dang athetic. (Would have never traded him for Deron)

The only way a second lottery pick would help us in this draft is as a trade piece. We do not need 5 20-year-olds.

I'm sorry but the infatuation by some on this board with Gordon is beyond me. He is not a true point guard by any means and at 6'3' and without elite athleticism
Dude, his measurables are outstanding. 40 inch max vert, good speed and quickness. What the **** are you talking about?

Originally some on here were saying they wanted Jazz to make the playoffs so they'd keep their pick in 2012's draft instead of this one.
Are some now changing their minds and preferring the Jazz keep their pick in the 2011? (and then forfeit 2012's pick?)

Well, since the 2012 pick is protected, the sky is falling and the Jazz are gonna suck, like forever, may as well keep the 2011 pick, our own 2012 (and GS's). Then next year trade a developing Favors and Hayward for future picks. Joking of course.

But I've always been on board with missing the playoffs and getting an extra lottery pic. Even in a weak draft, there are some good prospects at 13/14 that seem better than what's been available where the Jazz have picked in other years (like Kosta, Almond, etc.). However, I don't think KOC would keep that 2nd pick. He'll either try to combine both to move up, or it will be packaged with other assets to get a starting, veteran wing.

Well, since the 2012 pick is protected, the sky is falling and the Jazz are gonna suck, like forever, may as well keep the 2011 pick, our own 2012 (and GS's). Then next year trade a developing Favors and Hayward for future picks. Joking of course.

But I've always been on board with missing the playoffs and getting an extra lottery pic. Even in a weak draft, there are some good prospects at 13/14 that seem better than what's been available where the Jazz have picked in other years (like Kosta, Almond, etc.). However, I don't think KOC would keep that 2nd pick. He'll either try to combine both to move up, or it will be packaged with other assets to get a starting, veteran wing.

I think Jefferson is getting old in the teeth as well. Need to dump him for some youth. :)

So why are they still 22-40?

You can't win without a complete team. Why are the Jazz just 1-6 in their past seven games? When you have glaring weaknesses at a few positions or a bench that is incompetent or has several developmental players, you're going to lose a lot of games.

Clippers are an improved team, but still a player or two away from being .500 and then a playoff team. Same with the Jazz. They'll finish around .500 this season due to their good start. Then add a consistent starter at SG, get Favors and Hayward more experience and they'll likely be a playoff team next season.

Sure, maybe if that is all your team is made of, but I'm pretty sure most of us would kill to have Blake Griffin or Eric Gordon on our team.

Never trade a franchise big for a guard, NEVER! Well, maybe if it's a young Griffin for Jordan in his prime. There was absolutely no chance of getting Griffin.

If I were a GM, I wouldn't even trade a guy like Love for Deron, let alone Griffin. Notwithstanding the last 3 weeks, Deron is one of the best PG's in the league. But there are several others who are very close. You can't say that about bigs. Get an elite one and you're already a leg up on a lot of other teams...if you can surround that guy with other quality players. The Clippers have a chance to do that by virtue of being in a large market and attractive city to many athletes. The T-Wolves, well, expect Love to be traded in a couple of years, just like Garnett and then Jefferson.

Seriously?

How can a fan seriously suggest that their team purposefully lose to get a better pick? It's not like a top 12 draftee guarantees future success, and even if it did, you really want your team foster a mentality of losing being acceptable? If you actually want that, you're not a fan, you're a hoser.

How can a fan seriously suggest that their team purposefully lose to get a better pick? It's not like a top 12 draftee guarantees future success, and even if it did, you really want your team foster a mentality of losing being acceptable? If you actually want that, you're not a fan, you're a hoser.

Oh. like the Spurs did to get Duncan? How did that work out. Maybe with the extra draft pick we can move up into the top 3. Just saying....

Lack of forethought?