What's new

Please look at this, because it took me a butt-load of time to figure out.

Matthew Thomas Castleton

Though a pain-staking process, I have determined that the Jazz will either been in 6th place or 7th place in the West after tomorrow night. If the Clippers beat Memphis, we will be in 7th place. If the Grizz win in LA, however, we will be in 6th place. Originally, I thought that two games being played tomorrow night would affect the Jazz's standing (Memphis at LA and Dallas at Houston). However, I have realized that Dallas at Houston game is utterly meaningless to the Jazz but absolutely great for Denver. No matter who wins tomorrow night between the Rockets and Mavs, the winner will be in 5th place and the loser will be in 9th. Even though we just crushed the Nuggets, they will be in 8th place after tomorrow night no matter what happens. Here is the breakdown:

If the home teams win (LA and Houston), LA will be in 4th @ 27-21, Houston will be in 5th @ 27-22, Memphis will be in 6th @ 25-21, Utah will be in 7th @ 26-22, Denver will be in 8th @ 26-22 (we own the tie-breaker), and Dallas will be in 9th @ 27-23.

If the road teams win (Memphis and Dallas), Memphis will be in 4th @ 26-20, Dallas will be in 5th @ 28-22, Utah will be in 6th @ 26-22, LA will be in 7th @ 26-22 (we currently own the tie-breaker because we have split the season series with them so far (1 game a piece) and we have a better conference record than they do), Denver will be in 8th @ 26-22 (the Clippers own the tie-breaker over them), and Houston will be in 9th @ 26-23.

If the Clippers and Mavs win, LA will be in 4th @ 27-21, Dallas will be in 5th @ 28-22, Memphis will be in 6th @ 25-21, Utah will be in 7th @ 26-22, Denver will be in 8th @ 26-22, and Houston will be in 9th @ 26-23.

Finally, if the Grizzlies and Rockets win, Memphis will be in 4th @ 26-20, Houston will be in 5th @ 27-22, Utah will be in 6th @ 26-22 (previously explained tie-breaker over LA), LA will be in 7th @ 26-22 (previously explained tie-breaker over Denver), Denver will be in 8th @ 26-22 , and Dallas will be in 9th @ 27-23.

Wow, that wasn't complicated or anything. Anyway, we will either be in 6th or 7th place in the West going into Atlanta on Sunday. GO JAZZ!!!!

Dude we still have like 18 games left in the season. I think it's a bit early to put that much effort into playoff standings that will change by sunday.

2d7yja0.gif