What's new

POLL - Average NBA Fans Forecasting the Jazz Correctly?

How well are NBA fans forecasting Jazz 2016-17 Performance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShortShorts

Did a quick very unscientific poll of this thread on RealGM of NBA fans:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1462460#start_here

And with 48 responses to how the Jazz will fare in the Western Conference by seasons end in 2017 here are the results:

GQ8afBM.jpg

So after a bit of some hype after this off season from several mainstream media folks, non-Jazz fans have picked up on our potential. Average pick in WC for Jazz is 5.6, about 60% think we'll get 5th seed or better.

Question is, are these fans over-rating, under-rating or pretty close on where you think we'll end?

Time to spread our wings.

They are spot on. We could finish as high as 3. We could finish as low as 8. We will most likely finish 5 or 6, maybe 4.

I wouldn't call be people who have a RealGM account as average fans.

I'll give you that, but it suggests even more that those who really watch the game expect a 4-5 spot leap this year. That's a big move for any team in any season, especially when they weren't a bottom feeder the year before.

If Dante Sexum can play the way he did towards the end of his first season, even with no improvement, then 4th seed is very reasonable.

But if he improves...oh baby

I think they are overrating the Jazz. That being said, I hope they are all right.

So after a bit of some hype after this off season from several mainstream media folks, non-Jazz fans have picked up on our potential. Average pick in WC for Jazz is 5.6, about 60% think we'll get 5th seed or better.

Question is, are these fans over-rating, under-rating or pretty close on where you think we'll end

Barring any major injury, I would predict a 4th or 5th seed and a 8 to 10 wins improvement. Since we cannot count on no injuries, I think the average pick on your poll, 5.6, is spot on.

The Jazz have built a roster capable of playing 48 mins of really good basketball. If healthy 3rd or 4th is most likely, 2nd and 5th are both possible.

I told a guy at the gym that the Jazz will be better than the Blazers next year (I live in Portland area). This was after he told me they had to match Crabbe, and is glad they did. He was also talking about how great Turner will be for them. He just scoffed at me like I was crazy.

Real driver is that we very likely have the best 4th-9th players the team has ever had. Expectations are so high when I think we're still 2 seasons away from peaking (assuming we can somehow financially hang on to everyone).

Did a quick very unscientific poll of this thread on RealGM of NBA fans:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1462460#start_here

And with 48 responses to how the Jazz will fare in the Western Conference by seasons end in 2017 here are the results:

GQ8afBM.jpg

Question is, are these fans over-rating, under-rating or pretty close on where you think we'll end?

Time to spread our wings.
Right on the money.
I figure the jazz will be 4th, 5th, or 6th in the west. 48.5 wins.

I told a guy at the gym that the Jazz will be better than the Blazers next year (I live in Portland area). This was after he told me they had to match Crabbe, and is glad they did. He was also talking about how great Turner will be for them. He just scoffed at me like I was crazy.

This stuff has always caused me much pain

Seems about right. GSW/SAS are clearly 1/2. After that LAC, MEM, POR, & UTA all seem somewhat interchangeable (with LAC likely the favorites out of the group & OKC having the potential to force their way into that 2nd tier in the WC).

So I'd say depending on health, chemistry, trades, etc (of our team as well as the others ), we have the potential to finish anywhere between 3-7. I think 4-6 is most likely. Regardless of what happens, it's great to see this team finally getting some respect from other fanbases (even if it is coming from realgm).

If Dante Sexum can play the way he did towards the end of his first season, even with no improvement, then 4th seed is very reasonable.

But if he improves...oh baby

Saw him up close at the Boomers v Pac 12 game last night .. he is so freaking long, his arms go forever. He looks in good nick tho, can't wait to see him play again.