What's new

POLL: Gordon Hayward's high expectations

Has Hayward lived up to his MAX contract so far this season?

• Yes, he's balling

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No, I was expecting more from him

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • How dare you question the Almighty

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
This must be what it feels like to go to a Boyz 2 Men or New Kids on The Block concert

Clearly... If no one agrees with you the problem must rest with us... There is no way you might be the one off on this.

Clearly... If no one agrees with you the problem must rest with us... There is no way you might be the one off on this.

No, the teenage girls that go to see Justin Bieber are right, in their mind. I think I'm right, in mine. It's just different opinions no problem with that.

Cause' imo his value was $12 million-ish, but nooo, he had to go out there and scrap a couple more million bucks like a little snot. Well, perform like a $14 million player, which means feeling safe about his decisions 90% of the time and I might consider changing my opinion on him. He still has too many turnovers in crucial moments of the game, especially for a $14 MILLION PLAYER, BUT FIIINE, I CAN ONLY ROLL WITH IT AND WILL.

He asked for being 'scrutinized' with his actions, at least on my part.

3 questions:

1. Do you know what basketball is? If you do know what basketball is, you would know that Hayward is, how you say, better at basketball than most of the players in the league. He is at least top 50, and probably more like top 30 in the league.

2. Do you know that the salary cap is going like way, way, way up? This means that if you thought Hayward was worth $12mm per year, he is now worth closer to $16-17 mm per year in the new NBA.

3. Do you really not get that Hayward is very very good at basketball?

Sometimes (frequently, in fact) he goes "invisible" for the better part of a half a game. Max, great or any other term you would care to list, players, do not do that! Has he improved? Unquestionably! Has he become the complete player and leader that we need him to be? Not in my book. Not yet. I am not against Gordon in any way. Lately it's been a good first quarter followed by nothing much until the fourth quarter. It's time to put away potential and the future. Because he is being re-numerated big time now he must become a complete and totally reliable player now or ultimately be considered a failure. I still hold out hope for this to happen but just being realistic meanwhile.
I think Quin's system is designed to get everyone opportunities, not just one player. Which team won the NBA championship last season? Why were they so dominant? Because you couldn't concentrate on any one player. They won 62 games with their leading scorer (Parker) at 16.7 pts/per. He also averaged the most minutes at 29.4. That's just incredible that a team wins 62 games without really having what we are calling a "#1 option."

What if we can have 6 players average 10+ pts like SA did? I don't think Hayward needs to average 20+ pts to be a success or failure. His strength is actually his overall game, which also means assists, steals, ballhandling and solid defense. He fills the stat sheet. We don't need Gordon to become a Carmelo Anthony. I think we need to look more at efficiency. 18-20 points/per on 47%/37% is what I'd like to see from GH. Of course, that also means we need better production from the guards.

No, the teenage girls that go to see Justin Bieber are right, in their mind. I think I'm right, in mine. It's just different opinions no problem with that.

Except that you are saying we are all the teenage girls.

I like Hayward always have.
I was against giving him the max
I think the jury is still out on whether he is playing up to the contract.
He has made significant strides and is our 2nd best player right now but his shot is still far to hit and miss and his TO's in late game situations are annoying. I'm not willing to say I was wrong about the contract but I don't hate it nearly as much as I did when it was signed.