What's new

Poll: Hayward - Will a deal get done or not ?

Haywards Deal

• Total voters

udflyer

Hayward has been interviewed by Hoopswork saying he would like to play his whole
career in Utah (Nice Move)

He said he will let his agent handle all contract talks, he just wants to play and get better (Great Politician)

Bottom Line: Is this gonna Happen ?

BTW - This poll is what he **will** get, not what you think he is worth.

Gtime is about to get paid, I voted now > 13 million / year

There is just no realistic options for him next year in free agent market - most teams capped out and the ones who can pay luxury tax ( Portland, Brooklyn) don't need his position player. I say let him play and sign him next year for 10mil/year.

I think if Hayward goes RFA, he will get a Max, or darn close.

I do not think he is worth that.

Market has lots of money

There is just no realistic options for him next year in free agent market - most teams capped out and the ones who can pay luxury tax ( Portland, Brooklyn) don't need his position player. I say let him play and sign him next year for 10mil/year.

Teams' cap space for the off season isn't set in stone. I guarantee we'll see teams trading for expiring contracts (Jefferson, Marvin, Biendrins anyone?) so they can make a run at big free agents. There will be teams that like Hayward that also have the cap space to make him an offer. Book it.

BTW - This poll is what he **will** get, not what you think he is worth.

Gtime is about to get paid, I voted now > 13 million / year

We don't know what he WILL get, so isn't that just our opinion on what he gets.

And the > made me confused cause that means less then 13 million.

We don't know what he WILL get, so isn't that just our opinion on what he gets.

And the > made me confused cause that means less then 13 million.

Yes, but that opinion on what you think he gets and what you think he is worth can be different.

Hayward and the deal are being panned hard on ISH. Comments like "white guy bonus", "no tan clause" and "If Gordon Hayward is your third best player, your going to have a bad time"

haha. Can't wait for our youth to turn heads and raise blood pressure when they start balling.

Teams' cap space for the off season isn't set in stone. I guarantee we'll see teams trading for expiring contracts (Jefferson, Marvin, Biendrins anyone?) so they can make a run at big free agents. There will be teams that like Hayward that also have the cap space to make him an offer. Book it.

Obviously trades to improve cap space can happen but I find it highly unlikely looking at next years offseason and Hayward (he is not big free agent!) Only Orlando and Philly are somewhat real options as of now and I doubt they will throw max money at Hayward. Can you see any other teams which may need Hayward and be crazy enough to pay max? I don't.

Hayward and the deal are being panned hard on ISH. Comments like "white guy bonus", "no tan clause" and "If Gordon Hayward is your third best player, your going to have a bad time"

haha. Can't wait for our youth to turn heads and raise blood pressure when they start balling.

What is ISH?

David Locke made the exact opposite argument... that there are many (six?) teams with substantial cap room next year, and not that many great players to be had. So his opinion was that Hayward's agent is looking at that and thinking that there might be a chance for some serious dollars next summer. Sounds reasonable to me. Not that I think that it will necessarily happen, but I think his agent might be thinking that.

I think the Lakers would go after Hayward in free agency. They have a ton of money coming off the books, they're rebuilding and they'll need a guy who can help attract other FAs. I think Hayward will probably get paid in line with DeMar DeRozan and Tyreke Evans. That's $11 mil range.

David Locke made the exact opposite argument... that there are many (six?) teams with substantial cap room next year, and not that many great players to be had. So his opinion was that Hayward's agent is looking at that and thinking that there might be a chance for some serious dollars next summer. Sounds reasonable to me. Not that I think that it will necessarily happen, but I think his agent might be thinking that.

I will repost post from other website where one guy looked at cap space and all other possible scenarios.

Gordon will not be getting an offer over $11M per in the off-season. Who is going to give it to him. Celtics will usually be the first team out of peoples mouths.... Really with Jeff Greene and Wallace eating up wing /SF minutes? Not likely. Boston will likely end up in the top 5 and will be looking for a player at the wing to be its next Paul Pierce. They are still years away and aren't in a position to overpay to become mediocre... Ainge is too smart for that. Most teams who might... and I stress might be interested in Haryward are they really going to be in a rush to overpay a non-allstar? No, and it is more likely that they will draft a wing this year that they will build around rather than overpay for someone elses non-allstar wing. Gordon Hayward is not a championship piece... He is a complimentary piece. Is LAL going to pay for an above average SF? No way. They will go gang busters for Lebron and then when he decides to stay in Miami or return to Cleveland are they going to please their fan base with Haryward? No.Bring it Board: Who is going after Hayward at $11MPortland-noPhoenix-maybe but the draft may preclude them and the whole point that you don''t go for a middling FA when you still suck.LAC-NoMem-No cappedSA-No cappedHouston-no capped and parsonsDallas-close to cappedMinny-no cappedDenver- no cappedNOLA- no cappedAtl- no cappedSac-no mostly capped with upcoming wingOKC-cappedNYC-cappedWas- capped beal on the way etcTor-capped gay wont opt outCharlotte-Maybe, but would hayward go play there.. noBKL-cappedIND- cappedMil- CappedCHi- cappedCLE- capped and waiting for lebronOrl- drafting wings and have them in the stable already Harkless, Tobias, Oladipo, AfflaloPhi- maybe, but who will they be drafingDet- cappedSo to review you are left with the very unlikely "MAYBE" scenarios of: Boston, Charlotte, Philly Phoenix, and maybe throw in a surprise or two. But really this new CBA doesn't lend itself to overpaying for players unless they are superstars. I like Gordon but he is no superstar and won't be getting that kind of money and interest.

Obviously trades to improve cap space can happen but I find it highly unlikely looking at next years offseason and Hayward (he is not big free agent!) Only Orlando and Philly are somewhat real options as of now and I doubt they will throw max money at Hayward. Can you see any other teams which may need Hayward and be crazy enough to pay max? I don't.

Not max, but you are detached if you think teams will not move contracts a d come after Hayward. Doc rivers just said he has a man crush on him. The league overvalues him and that's dangerous for us.