What's new

POLL: If forced to choose, who do you build a team around Gordon Hayward or Rudy Gobert?

Who would you build a modern NBA team around, Rudy Gobert or Gordon Hayward?

• Total voters
I was borderline, didn't expect those results though woah

This is more about who you could not give up. Is there another Rudy? If you can trade him to a healthy Embiid, sure. But that is just a dream. As much as I love Hayward, he is not the game changer Rudy is imo. I'm not scared of losing him. Wouldn't make the same level of damage losing Gobert would do.

Damn you MrMojoRisin! Why you ruin the poll like that?

Jazz were -6.9 points per 100 possessions when Hayward was on the floor and Gobert was off the floor.

Jazz were +5.5 points per 100 possessions when Hayward was off the floor and Gobert was on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I picked Rudy, but if the contract situations were reversed and Rudy was the unrestricted free agent the vote would probably be 50/50

Jazz were -6.9 points per 100 possessions when Hayward was on the floor and Gobert was off the floor.

Jazz were +5.5 points per 100 possessions when Hayward was off the floor and Gobert was on the floor.

Boom

But we had more depth at hayward position.

Didn't expect it to be this one sided either. Was going to post a "how great Gobert" really is thread to convince others but seems everyone's already in on the reality so will post as confirmation instead.

I LOVE Hayward, think we'll see him re-sign next week and can't wait to watch the next 4 years of killer hoops.

However, despite some folks on here who even voted for Gobert thinking he's good but not great, he is ABSOLUTELY a top 10 player in this league and the beauty is very few folks outside the organization recognize it. His defense is a clear known. But here's the differentiator: no one and I really mean NO ONE works harder without the ball on offense be it on-ball picks, feints to the rim, away-from-ball screens, O-rebounding. With his size, athleticism and that type of a commitment to impact without the glory he is the absolute bomb compliment to a player like Hayward.

Gobert isn't just a defensive beast. He is a fantastic two way player. Stats and eye test both show it. It's just that very few folks value his work on the O side of the house at a level equal to the impact.

Last 20 games this year as he was peaking (and I still think he is improving):
* 71% field goal percentage
* 17.7 ppg
* 13.4 rpg
* 3.1 bpg
* 1.8 apg
* 5.9 ftapg
* a total +/- of 74

Those stats are stellar and perfectly match a player of Haywards style and talent. Hayward has his perfect complement here. If he decides elsewhere I really believe it was for non-basketball reasons as the dude's a smart guy.

Here's to four more seasons of Haybert. (and Rubio now finding the shooting coach he's been looking for as did Joe Ingles)

Didn't expect it to be this one sided either. Was going to post a "how great Gobert" really is thread to convince others but seems everyone's already in on the reality so will post as confirmation instead.

I LOVE Hayward, think we'll see him re-sign next week and can't wait to watch the next 4 years of killer hoops.

However, despite some folks on here who even voted for Gobert thinking he's good but not great, he is ABSOLUTELY a top 10 player in this league and the beauty is very few folks outside the organization recognize it. His defense is a clear known. But here's the differentiator: no one and I really mean NO ONE works harder without the ball on offense be it on-ball picks, feints to the rim, away-from-ball screens, O-rebounding. With his size, athleticism and that type of a commitment to impact without the glory he is the absolute bomb compliment to a player like Hayward.

Gobert isn't just a defensive beast. He is a fantastic two way player. Stats and eye test both show it. It's just that very few folks value his work on the O side of the house at a level equal to the impact.

Last 20 games this year as he was peaking (and I still think he is improving):
* 71% field goal percentage
* 17.7 ppg
* 13.4 rpg
* 3.1 bpg
* 1.8 apg
* 5.9 ftapg
* a total +/- of 74

Those stats are stellar and perfectly match a player of Haywards style and talent. Hayward has his perfect complement here. If he decides elsewhere I really believe it was for non-basketball reasons as the dude's a smart guy.

Here's to four more seasons of Haybert. (and Rubio now finding the shooting coach he's been looking for as did Joe Ingles)
Those numbers are pretty insane.

One of the best screeners in the game too as well as underrated and willing passer.

Those numbers are pretty insane.

One of the best screeners in the game too as well as underrated and willing passer.
And has the will to get better.

I want Hayward back desperately, but Gobert will be the reason that the Jazz become a future contender. Nobody does what he does. Period.

Bump. I think some of us need a reminder of this. 42 to 2, folks, 42 to 2.

Oh wow, I thought I already voted on this but I haven't yet? That's really weird. lol But I would vote Rudy too, but he already has it by a landslide. Go Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

While an excellent player, there are like 10 other players like Heywood in the league.

There is one Gobert and then pieces of **** like Deandre Jordan and Hassan Whitesides that are kinda sorta close but in the way that Dr. K is like Dr. Pepper or whatever.