What's new

Poll: Should the Lindsey/Vanik experiment come to an end?

Should the Lindsey/Zanik experiment come to an end?

• No. Just a few more tweaks and we'll be a contender.

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Yes. They shouldn't be let near the next rebuild.

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
I think zanik needs to be given the reins, see what he can do.

So here is my somewhat hot take I plan on doing a full write up on later this summer... DL is an average GM that has had some good luck. He's not bad and I don't know that I'd fire him unless I knew who the replacement was. Not sure on JZ.

So here is my somewhat hot take I plan on doing a full write up on later this summer... DL is an average GM that has had some good luck. He's not bad and I don't know that I'd fire him unless I knew who the replacement was. Not sure on JZ.
There's a good chance we go into rebuild mode again soon. Lindsey already took a shot at building around Gobert, and failed miserably imo. Lindsey also failed miserably at finding a backourt mate for Mitchell, our other cornerstone.

I just don't see how I could be convinced that allowing him near another shot at building around these two guys (that he lucked into even) is not a bad idea.

There's a good chance we go into rebuild mode again soon. Lindsey already took a shot at building around Gobert, and failed miserably imo. Lindsey also failed miserably at finding a backourt mate for Mitchell, our other cornerstone.

I just don't see how I could be convinced that allowing him near another shot at building around these two guys (that he lucked into even) is not a bad idea.
Jazz don't fire people... so ain't happening. DL is 12-18 months too late on most of his moves, so we won't rebuild as long as there is any sliver of hope that we can be a 7/8 seed.

Let's give em one more chance, after all, they still have like three draft picks to spend on more 1-year rentals.

Lots of knee jerk reaction fans here. Still on pace to beat last year's record even with the current turmoil.

Jazz don't fire people... so ain't happening. DL is 12-18 months too late on most of his moves, so we won't rebuild as long as there is any sliver of hope that we can be a 7/8 seed.
He's not just late, he's wrong too imo. If you want to build around Gobert, then build around Gobert and his D.

Lindsey didn't do this at all.

Man we had the Stifle Tower in his prime and DL goes for soft, undersized and unathletic guys who have more O than D.

Dude blew it.

Lots of knee jerk reaction fans here. Still on pace to beat last year's record even with the current turmoil.
Last year at this time we were streaking. This year we are riding a bad losing streak. It does not bode well. Doubt we get to last year's numbers.

But hey, we'll likely be in the playoffs right? And that's all that matters right? First round exits, the occasional 2nd round bubble. Hell, for this org that's as good as a championship right?

But hey, we'll likely be in the playoffs right? And that's all that matters right? First round exits, the occasional 2nd round bubble. Hell, for this org that's as good as a championship right?
For ownership and management I think you just nailed it. Seats are full, concessions are selling. Most casual fans are happy, why screw up a good thing? We were never going to win a chip anyway. That was Larry's dream, and he's gone.

Last year at this time we were streaking. This year we are riding a bad losing streak. It does not bode well. Doubt we get to last year's numbers.

Well like I said, my hope is that we get this bad streak out of the way and really start to gel again just ahead of the playoffs.

We shall see.

Well like I said, my hope is that we get this bad streak out of the way and really start to gel again just ahead of the playoffs.

We shall see.
I hope so too.

Uh, JZ is the GM.

Uh, JZ is the GM.
Uh DL has been the GM for the last 5 or so years... and still has an immense amount of influence on what JZ does. I'm giving JZ a few more years as "GM" before I make a judgement on him.

Uh DL has been the GM for the last 5 or so years... and still has an immense amount of influence on what JZ does. I'm giving JZ a few more years as "GM" before I make a judgement on him.

Yes, Lindsey was the GM. Now Zanik is. I’m sure Lindsey has major say but at the end of the day, I’m sure Zanik, who’s a well thought of executive, isn’t taking the job unless he has final say. Otherwise what’s the point if you’re him? You’re not some noob and have earned it.

Uh, JZ is the GM.
I also think DL is doing the Michael Scott to JZ. Remember the Golden Ticket episode where Michael is kind of in trouble, but then finds out they think its a good idea and he declares "I do want the credit... with none of the blame".

Hey JZ its time to finally pivot... well here are these deals btw you are the new GM... this is yours (unless it works out then everyone will know its mine).

Yes, Lindsey was the GM. Now Zanik is. I’m sure Lindsey has major say but at the end of the day, I’m sure Zanik, who’s a well thought of executive, isn’t taking the job unless he has final say. Otherwise what’s the point if you’re him? You’re not some noob and have earned it.
A bigger title and paycheck... same thing DL got. JZ was in the front office last year, but we know DL was 100% trying to get Conley at the trade deadline. These moves are as much DL as JZ.