What's new

Pope to Athiests; House party in heaven. You're invited

Harambe

Contributor
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”

Thanks, Obama.

So? Like atheists would worry about what Pope has to say about things they do not believe anyway.

So? Like atheists would worry about what Pope has to say about things they do not believe anyway.

I do. All I ever wanted was to spend eternity with a bunch of religious fundamentalists.

I do. All I ever wanted was to spend eternity with a bunch of religious fundamentalists.

It's not all that bad. We play chess and eat potato chips. No alcohol, though. No hos and no bad words. No worse than JazzFanz website.

It's not all that bad. We play chess and eat potato chips. No alcohol, though. No hos and no bad words. No worse than JazzFanz website.

No alcohol? You do realize you're talking about the CATHOLIC church, right?

I support anything that trolls Fundamentalists. But I support it in the way that I'd support a bake sale for, like, Mother's Against Constipation. Glad it's happening somewhere out there.

As long as we're making senseless comparisons I just thought I'd mention that I'm a much better skier than the pope. Makes me proud. Pretty sure that Fish is a better drinker than the pope. Woohoo!!! Eenie Meenie might be better at stalking people, though I'm not sure about that. Thriller is way better at freaking out over conservative ideas. Siro is legit smarter than the pope, especially when it comes to stuff that is provable. Dal is better at putting on skinny jeans. We are pretty much cumulatively better than the pope at nearly everything except for riding around in the pope-mobile and doing other stuff associated with actually being a pope.

I support anything that trolls Fundamentalists. But I support it in the way that I'd support a bake sale for, like, Mother's Against Constipation. Glad it's happening somewhere out there.

Are you saying the Pope is a Fundamentalist or that he is trolling fundamentalists?