What's new

PoS fan who harassed Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
This type of **** makes me not even want to follow sports anymore. **** this moron. I can't even enjoy Jazz basketball without being labeled a racist and my team can't get free agents because of stereotypes. Takes the fun out of it and once again political ******** seeps into everything.

What's your point? Utah is Mormon compared to Indiana - alright, great. So black players have bad things to say about playing the Jazz in Utah not because the fanbase is predominantly white - but because of the strong Mormon contingent? Just explicitly state your point instead of talking in vague terms.

I was responding to a post that suggested that fans everywhere in the league heckle the players - implying that somehow all the accusations levied against our fanbase are false.

Sorry, I didn't mean to post that. I wrote something, didn't like it, and then moved onto another post and it came along for the ride. Some feature of the forum software I guess.

My point would have been that the Jazz fanbase is unique because of the "Utah" name. The players probably have assumptions about the Utah crowd, just like a lot of people have ideas about the people that live here, for better or worse. I'm not blaming them for it, whatever. But the players coming in here are probably more sensitive to these things than if they were playing in some other random place like Indiana. If there are more allegations about the fans here, it may not be that our fanbase is more/less racist... because this place is different.

That said, I'm sure there are racists here just like anywhere else. If the twitter stuff is true, this guy sure seems to be a racist. The only racist comment I (ever) remember personally hearing in Utah was about native Americans... and just thinking about it now is making me furious again.

This type of **** makes me not even want to follow sports anymore. **** this moron. I can't even enjoy Jazz basketball without being labeled a racist and my team can't get free agents because of stereotypes. Takes the fun out of it and once again political ******** seeps into everything.
You da man OD

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sorry, I didn't mean to post that. I wrote something, didn't like it, and then moved onto another post and it came along for the ride. Some feature of the forum software I guess.

My point would have been that the Jazz fanbase is unique because of the "Utah" name. The players probably have assumptions about the Utah crowd, just like a lot of people have ideas about the people that live here, for better or worse. I'm not blaming them for it, whatever. But the players coming in here are probably more sensitive to these things than if they were playing in some other random place like Indiana. If there are more allegations about the fans here, it may not be that our fanbase is more/less racist... because this place is different.

That said, I'm sure there are racists here just like anywhere else. If the twitter stuff is true, this guy sure seems to be a racist. The only racist comment I (ever) remember personally hearing in Utah was about native Americans... and just thinking about it now is making me furious again.

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

Yeah we are guilty in the court of NBA free agent opinion even if this butthole is telling the truth.

Loud hecklers are so obnoxious and are generally really unaware of how dumb they look. Unless you have something super funny to yell just stick to boos and cheering loudly for your guys. Rarely do these guys have anything funny or original to say.

I feel all of this.

Most of my yelling at games is directed to the refs. I bet they get way more abuse than any player for way less pay. Poor bastards. They don't even have fans. Fans of both teams in every game hate them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yell something like "Russ I think you are a B- dancer at best" "Russ your true shooting percentage is barely league average" "Russ my sister thinks your clothes are cool, but I think you try a little too hard"

Just dumb **** to try and make people laugh... acting hard is kinda tough cuz you paid to watch them guys, they can beat yo ***, and they make a billion times more money than you.

Yeah we are guilty in the court of NBA free agent opinion even if this butthole is telling the truth.

Loud hecklers are so obnoxious and are generally really unaware of how dumb they look. Unless you have something super funny to yell just stick to boos and cheering loudly for your guys. Rarely do these guys have anything funny or original to say.

The "playoff p" chant was kind of funny last year. Otherwise I agree with this. When you pay for tickets and you end having to sit next to a heckler it is the absolute worst.

Did you not post a picture of the fan in questions political leaning and try to stereotype an entire base into being hateful?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app
No

Why so defensive?

jXZEGsG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.