What's new

Post your 2013 Remockdraft

Hotdog

Based off what we know about the players from the 2013 draft class, and based off some of your own biases (of course), post how you think the 2013 draft should have been drafted.

Here is how is went....

First Round

1. Anthony Bennett, 6 feet 7, UNLV
2. SG Victor Oladipo, 6-4, Indiana
3. Otto Porter Jr., 6-9, Georgetown
4. Cody Zeller, 6-11, Indiana
5. Alex Len, 7-1, Maryland
6. Nerlens Noel, 7-0 Kentucky
7. Ben McLemore, 6-4, Kansas
8. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 6-6, Georgia
9. Trey Burke, 6-0, Michigan
10. C.J. McCollum, 6-3, Lehigh
11. Michael Carter-Williams, 6-6, Syracuse
12. Steven Adams, 7-0, Pittsburgh
13. Kelly Olynyk, 7-0, Gonzaga
14. Shabazz Muhammad, 6-6, UCLA
15. Giannis Antetokounmpo, 6-9, Greece
16. Atlanta Hawks Lucas Nogueira, 7-0, Brazil
17. Dennis Schroeder, 6-2, Germany
18. Shane Larkin, 5-11, Miami (Fla.)
19. Sergey Karasev, 6-7, Russia
20. Tony Snell, 6-7, New Mexico
21. Gorgui Dieng, 6-11, Louisville
22. Mason Plumlee, 7-0, Duke
23. Solomon Hill, 6-7, Arizona
24. Tim Hardaway Jr., 6-6, Michigan
25. Reggie Bullock, 6-7, North Carolina
26. Andre Robertson, 6-7, Colorado
27. Rudy Gobert, 7-2, France
28. Livio Jean-Charles, 6-9, France
29. Archie Goodwin, 6-5, Kentucky
30. Nemanja Nedovic, 6-3 Serbia

My Remockdraft

1. Rudy Gobert
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo
3. Michael Carter-Williams
4. Victor Oladipo
5. Shabazz Muhammad
6. Anthony Bennett (I still think he's good)
7. Otto Porter
8. Steven Adams
9. Dennis Schroeder
10. Nerlens Noel
11. Mason Plumlee
12. Ben McLemore
13. Kelly Olynyk
14. Gorgui Dieng
15. Tim Hardaway Jr
16. Alex Len
17. Cody Zeller
18. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
19. Archie Goodwin
20. Isaiah Cannon
21. Ray McCallum
22. James Ennis
23. Raul Neto
24. Glen Rice Jr
25. CJ McCollum
26. Solomon Hill
27. Tony Snell
28. Trey Burke
29. Andre Roberson
30. Allen Crabbe

I'm sure there will be a lot of disagreements. I don't feel like I know all the players, so I might have misplaced a few. Plus it could still change quite abit.

I just think it's interesting that this draft was so hard to predict.

I think that it's interesting that several players have played above expectations, and that there's a good chance that the best two players in the draft (Gobert/Antetokounmpo) were both drafted outside of the lottery.

That draft sucks.
I don't want to revisit it

I actually think that this draft will turn out pretty good. It was bad when drafting, but in a few years it will probably be comparable to an average draft.

Why?

I'm trying to point out we got the best player.

You guys don't like Gobert?
I love gobert

Yet I believe that a draft where the number 1 pick (gobert) would be the third big on one of the worst teams in the league is a bad draft

I actually think that this draft will turn out pretty good. It was bad when drafting, but in a few years it will probably be comparable to an average draft.

Not at the top of it. Worse than 2011, which was also considered a weak draft, but still produced Kyrie Irving, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Kenneth Faried and Chandler Parsons. Book is still out on Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunias, Alec Burks, Iman Shumpert, Isaiah Thomas, Nikola Mirotic and Reggie Jackson. . . but it's a pretty safe bet that more than one from that group will be a high level starter, if not an All Star player. Time is the great equalizer.

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo
2. Victor Oladipo
3. MCW
4. Nerlens Noel
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Dennis Schröder
7. Steven Adams
8. Gorgui Dieng
9. Mason Plumlee
10. Ben McLemore
... I don't care to go any lower... Giannis to me is the clear best player in this draft right now(maybe some of the players after will make a jump in the following years, but right now... yah.

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo
2. Victor Oladipo
3. MCW
4. Nerlens Noel
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Dennis Schröder
7. Steven Adams
8. Gorgui Dieng
9. Mason Plumlee
10. Ben McLemore
... I don't care to go any lower... Giannis to me is the clear best player in this draft right now(maybe some of the players after will make a jump in the following years, but right now... yah.

This sounds about right. I am not 100% sold on either Giannis or rudy right now, but hide are clearly two of the highest potential guys in that draft.

I love gobert. But he just last night got his first double double of his career.

It's also just the 3rd time he's gotten =/> 30 mins. He's also never attempted more than 8 FG's in a game. If a "double-double" is your standard evaluation of a player's worth, then I think you are missing a few things. Rudy is averaging 6/6/2 in just 18 mins/per. Bump that up to 30 mins and it would be 10/10/3.5

To give you some perspective, that would LEAD the league in blocks and rank Rudy 13th in rebounds. And his impact goes way beyond just blocks and rebounds. How many times do you see players altering shots or just pulling the ball back down and passing back outside because Gobert is looming over them?

Let me know when it's safe to come out.

Don't get me wrong, I love both of those players. I think they are an awesome combination of athleticism and potential. But people talk about Giannis becoming the next Durant. If that's the case, then the 2013 draft looks a ton better than we thought. I certainly wish we would have just taken Giannis with our pick and gobert with the golden state pick instead of trading for trey.

It's also just the 3rd time he's gotten =/> 30 mins. He's also never attempted more than 8 FG's in a game. If a "double-double" is your standard evaluation of a player's worth, then I think you are missing a few things. Rudy is averaging 6/6/2 in just 18 mins/per. Bump that up to 30 mins and it would be 10/10/3.5

To give you some perspective, that would LEAD the league in blocks and rank Rudy 13th in rebounds. And his impact goes way beyond just blocks and rebounds. How many times do you see players altering shots or just pulling the ball back down and passing back outside because Gobert is looming over them?

He might not even be able to stay in the game for that long. He averages like 4.7 fouls per 36. Numbers don't just proportionally rise with minutes. He is awesome, but he is not joakim Noah or dikembe just yet.

This sounds about right. I am not 100% sold on either Giannis or rudy right now, but hide are clearly two of the highest potential guys in that draft.

Let me know when it's safe to come out.

Don't get me wrong, I love both of those players. I think they are an awesome combination of athleticism and potential. But people talk about Giannis becoming the next Durant. If that's the case, then the 2013 draft looks a ton better than we thought. I certainly wish we would have just taken Giannis with our pick and gobert with the golden state pick instead of trading for trey.

Explained, in BOLD.