What's new

Post Your Gobert or Mitchell Trade Ideas

Rudy for Paul George.
Pick up Baynes/Favors in free agency.
Would love to get crowder or a similar player to bring some toughness to the bench.

Starting:
Donovan
PG
Royce
Bogdanovic
Baynes

Bench:
Clarkson/Conley
Ingles
Niang
Favors

Solid starting defensive lineup with outstanding scoring ability.
Ingles, Favors pick and role off the bench with a scoring pg and a 3 guy like Niang.

Doubt we win a championship tho with how good the clippers would be.

I very much doubt the Clips give up George for anyone. But the point about Favors is important- we can get a good percentage of Rudy's D and a better offensive threat (minus the awesome screens) from an inexpensive free agent in Favors- where there is no universe where we can pick up an adequate substitute for Mitchell on the FA market.

I don’t think the Pacers would bite but Gobert for Turner (and a 1st?) would be a solid move on the fly. Turner is VERY good defensively. Was a top 3-5 defender two years ago. He just turned 24 years old so he fits in with the Mitchell timeline perfectly. He can stretch the floor, albeit not as well this last year. And contractually, he doesn’t pose the issues Gobert’s potentially mammoth deal would in two years. There were rumors the Pacers were shopping him or considering doing so in-season. This would make a ton of sense imo in that we could retain our defensive identity, evolve offensively with his stretchability, and gain financial flexibility moving forward.

FWIW too, Turner has three years left on his deal at just 18.0M exactly each year. And I’ve never heard one bad thing about him.

Last edited:
God, fans complain about player loyalty and one little article is written and now you are ready to trade Rudy or DM for mostly bad deals. If DM is peeved about this still then I will lose some respect for him. I wouldn't trade him nor Rudy unless a great deal was offered but it would be for basketball reasons instead of hurt feelings.
It's not one article. It's MULTIPLE articles, Shams, Woj, etc... that are saying this. If you believe ANY of their reports (and they're almost always right.... literally) than you HAVE to believe what they're saying now and I do. Someone IS getting traded. It's either Rudy or Donovan

I'd take Rudy for George.
Sign Favors and Baynes and off we go

the Clippers traded away their future for PG and only got Leonard because they arranged to get PG for him. There is no chance we get PG. we have a better chance of getting AD- and that looks about impossible. Plus Clipps don’t need to change, they’ve got two offensive/defensive superstar wings and a great supporting cast. Their chilling. Not trynna put you down to hard but just explaining it’s not likely.

I don’t think the Pacers would bite but Gobert for Turner (and a 1st?) would be a solid move on the fly. Turner is VERY good defensively. Was a top 3-5 defender two years ago. He just turned 24 years old so he fits in with the Mitchell timeline perfectly. He can stretch the floor, albeit not as well this last year. And contractually, he doesn’t pose the issues Gobert’s potentially mammoth deal would in two years. There were rumors the Pacers were shopping him or considering doing so in season. This would make a ton of sense imo in that we could retain our defensive identity, evolve offensively with his stretchability, and gain financial flexibility moving forward.

A lot of us wanted Turner in the draft. Indiana took him right before us, leaving us with Trey Lyles

It's not one article. It's MULTIPLE articles, Shams, Woj, etc... that are saying this. If you believe ANY of their reports (and they're almost always right.... literally) than you HAVE to believe what they're saying now and I do. Someone IS getting traded. It's either Rudy or Donovan

I haven’t seen any Woj tweet? Did he say something in a story? There is that fake woj twitter screenshot going around saying Donovan is homophobic and Rudy gave covid to him by a rape kiss but that’s garbage. You have to verify the handle on their accounts.

I don’t think the Pacers would bite but Gobert for Turner (and a 1st?) would be a solid move on the fly. Turner is VERY good defensively. Was a top 3-5 defender two years ago. He just turned 24 years old so he fits in with the Mitchell timeline perfectly. He can stretch the floor, albeit not as well this last year. And contractually, he doesn’t pose the issues Gobert’s potentially mammoth deal would in two years. There were rumors the Pacers were shopping him or considering doing so in-season. This would make a ton of sense imo in that we could retain our defensive identity, evolve offensively with his stretchability, and gain financial flexibility moving forward.

personally I’d want more than that. We’re giving them an Allstar/All NBA/ DPOY who I personally think will end up resigning in the 25/yr range after this if he is viewed as locker room problem and everyone out there is putting his trade value as low. It might be reaching but I’d rather package Gobert, Conley, picks, and what every is necessary to get Turner and Oladipo. Indiana could then move forward with Brogdon, Sabonis, and Gobert as their core with picks and great role players, while we’d have a potentially injured Oladipo with Donovan and Turner as our core. I’d be down is all I’m saying.

I think we sadly might eventually be relegated to the fact that we’re going to have to trade Gobert. The players and FO both seem to have sided with Mitchell, their Golden Boy. If we do trade Gobert and then Mitchell walks ala Hayward in four+ years, this will be a ****ing fiasco.
This.

Probably just covid 19 boredom talking but it's starting to feel this way. That it's all going to fall apart.

personally I’d want more than that. We’re giving them an Allstar/All NBA/ DPOY who I personally think will end up resigning in the 25/yr range after this if he is viewed as locker room problem and everyone out there is putting his trade value as low. It might be reaching but I’d rather package Gobert, Conley, picks, and what every is necessary to get Turner and Oladipo. Indiana could then move forward with Brogdon, Sabonis, and Gobert as their core with picks and great role players, while we’d have a potentially injured Oladipo with Donovan and Turner as our core. I’d be down is all I’m saying.

Why the heck would the Pacers trade Oladipo? We need to be realistic here. Gobert’s offensive shortcomings are a major liability in the eyes of many. And yes he was DPOY twice. But like I’ve said, Turner is an elite defender himself.

Why the heck would the Pacers trade Oladipo? We need to be realistic here. Gobert’s offensive shortcomings are a major liability in the eyes of many. And yes he was DPOY twice. But like I’ve said, Turner is an elite defender himself.

There has been speculation on if the Pacers will want to give him a max after his injury and that if not, his name could appear on the trading block. Not saying it’s likely, just saying that if we could leverage the heck out of Rudy and then pay the difference then I’d be super down. Let’s see what Dennis can do.

Gobert is due to make 9.5M more than Turner next year too.

We’d be at 94.8M for Conley, Mitchell, O’Neale, Bogey, Ingles and Turner.

Which is why its so pressing for Donovan to address it. I've seen EVERY player besides Donovan come back to SLC. Justin Wright-Forman I follow on IG and he was in Utah, went back to NY, and came back to SLC. Our franchise star is still cashing full paychecks right now from the Jazz. Deal with what you decided needed to be aired so publicly and stop making your teammates deal with this. Rudy and Donovan.

Has Rudy addressed it? You know the guy being called a diva?

Has Rudy addressed it? You know the guy being called a diva?
I said Rudy and Donovan. You're right, its 100% on both of them. But Donovan is by the look of all this, the one who made this public in the first place. Don't make it public and then expect you won't have to deal with it. Rudys a baby as well.

Rudy for Paul George.
Pick up Baynes/Favors in free agency.
Would love to get crowder or a similar player to bring some toughness to the bench.

Starting:
Donovan
PG
Royce
Bogdanovic
Baynes

Bench:
Clarkson/Conley
Ingles
Niang
Favors

Solid starting defensive lineup with outstanding scoring ability.
Ingles, Favors pick and role off the bench with a scoring pg and a 3 guy like Niang.

Doubt we win a championship tho with how good the clippers would be.
Lol

I haven’t seen any Woj tweet? Did he say something in a story? There is that fake woj twitter screenshot going around saying Donovan is homophobic and Rudy gave covid to him by a rape kiss but that’s garbage. You have to verify the handle on their accounts.
He was literally on ESPN talking about it. So yes, he did.