What's new

post your starting lineup if you where coach

The problem is he'll demand the ball - he'll get it - he won't pass out - he'll hit 50% of his shots and make his stats look good - while everyone else on the team stands around looking at him taking that shot.

Put him in the lineup if you want to get a good lottery pick this year.
i have never seen him really demand the ball or get mad if he doesn't get it. he is very big on winning and would certainly do whatever it takes to make the team better.

I think if i were coaching i would understand that we aren't going to really be any good this year so i would expiriment a little.

I would try... option 1: go young
Burks
Hayward
millsap
favors
kanter

Option 2
harris
hayward
millsap
favors
jefferson

I think option 3 would work the best however
harris
hayward
howard
millsap
favors

I would be most excited to see option number 1 from a fan perspective

The problem is he'll demand the ball - he'll get it - he won't pass out - he'll hit 50% of his shots and make his stats look good - while everyone else on the team stands around looking at him taking that shot.

Put him in the lineup if you want to get a good lottery pick this year.

This. And I didn't see tonight's game, but judging from Big Al's 20/10 and a Jazz loss, I'm assuming the above happened. Like it's happened before. And will happen again. Until Big Al is moved (not benched, because he won't accept it, and shouldn't, because he's offensively talented and needs to be with a team that's better suited for his skills and weaknesses).

I think if i were coaching i would understand that we aren't going to really be any good this year so i would expiriment a little.

I would try... option 1: go young
Burks
Hayward
millsap
favors
kanter

Option 2
harris
hayward
millsap
favors
jefferson

I think option 3 would work the best however
harris
hayward
howard
millsap
favors

I would be most excited to see option number 1 from a fan perspective

Option 3 for this year.

Lineup of the future:

Pass-first star PG currently in college
Burks
Hayward
Favors
Kanter

Burks, Hayward, Howard, Favors and Kanter. THe future is now. I don't care if the Jazz finish last this lineup will grown together and for the most part are the Jazz future. We lose enough to get MKG and another shooter or big man.

The bench could be Harris, Millsap, CJ, AJ and Evans.

This. And I didn't see tonight's game,

Exactly.

Spurs 10-16 on 3s. Jazz 2-16 on 3s.

Jazz took 15 more shot attempts. Manu was 9-10, while Duncan was 4-13.

I would say our perimeter defense was terrible, except there wasn't any. None. This board needs to stop the madness of automatically blaming Al for all our woes. I'm in favor of moving him due to the fact I believe the money could be better spent, and I want to see the roster re-worked, but the idea that we somehow won't suck if he doesn't start is ridiculous. We're going to suck, regardless of Al starting or not.

Last edited:
Burks
Hayward
Howard
Millsap
Favors

2nd string

Tinsley
CJ
Evans
Kanter
Jefferson

Bell and Harris traded asap

Burks
Hayward
Millsap
Favors
Kanter

Favors and Millsap on the court together with Kanter clogging up the lane and grabbing boards. Millsap has shown he has the range.

Burks is an upgrade to Harris in terms of straight basketball playing ability, and GH gets to play in the back court. Howard hasn't convinced me yet. He still may, but not yet.

Harris is not a good point guard.

2nd unit:

Watson
Harris
Howard
Evans
Jefferson

Actually, I like Evans at the 3 over Howard, but we'd have 1 too few backups at the 4/5.

harris <- would play sg on offense
hayward <- would play pg on offense

Agree with that: Harris makes how many good passes per game? One maybe? Seems really poor at getting us into our offense. He is a shoot first, shoot last kinda player, pass only when stuck.

Exactly.

Spurs 10-16 on 3s. Jazz 2-16 on 3s.

Jazz took 15 more shot attempts. Manu was 9-10, while Duncan was 4-13.

I would say our perimeter defense was terrible, except there wasn't any. None. This board needs to stop the madness of automatically blaming Al for all our woes. I'm in favor of moving him due to the fact I believe the money could be better spent, and I want to see the roster re-worked, but the idea that we somehow won't suck if he doesn't start is ridiculous. We're going to suck, regardless of Al starting or not.

I actually didn't think our perimeter defense was THAT bad... It seemed like we were getting a hand in the face on alot of thier 3 point attempts, but sometimes a team just gets on fire and there isn't much you can do.
And harprings advice to just foul ginobli to get him out of his rythym is stupid.... so just foul him and give a good free throw shooter 3 free throws? great plan.
The thing about 3 point attempts is that if a guy is hitting like ginobli was then there isn't a whole lot you can do...... if you go for the block on a 3 point attempt then there is a good chance you will foul and they will get 3 free throws.....For a shot attempt that is supposed to be low percentage in the first place.
So about all you can do is get a hand up and i actually saw the jazz doing that alot but the spurs were just on fire.

I actually didn't think our perimeter defense was THAT bad... It seemed like we were getting a hand in the face on alot of thier 3 point attempts, but sometimes a team just gets on fire and there isn't much you can do.

Putting a hand up from ten feet away, isn't in their face. I don't think we watched the same game.