fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
THT: 21.4 minutes per game. 14.2 points per game. 5.2-11.4 shooting for 45.6%. 1.6-4.4 from three for 36.4%. 2.2-2.8 for 78.6% from the line. 4.0 rebounds. 4.4 assists. 2.4 turnovers

Sexton: 18.2 minutes per game. 11.2 points per game. 3.6-7.6 shooting for 47.4%. 1.0-2.0 from three for 50%. 3.0-3.4 for 88.2% from the line. 2.0 rebounds. 2.4 assists. 1.6 turnovers

Keyonte: 22.5 minutes per game. 10.4 points per game. 2.8-8.6 shooting for 32.6% 1.4-5.0 from three for 28%. 3.4-4.4 for 77.3% from the line. 1.4 rebounds. 3.6 assists. 1.6 turnovers

Dunn: 15.2 minutes per game. 8.0 points per game. 3.6-4.2 shooting for 85.7%. 0.4-0.6 from three for 66.7%. 0.4-1.0 for 40% from the line. 2.2 rebounds. 2.8 assists. 1.2 turnovers.

Pretty dang good performance all around. Interesting to see that keyonte got the most minutes but played the worst (statistically). Coach must really like him. Then again its pre season so its hard to make any of this mean much.

I think we all agree that THT will start and sexton will get a good amount of minutes off the bench. Will be interesting to see if Keyonte continues getting minutes or rides pine in the regular season. No idea what will happen with Dunn but figure he will get some burn in our small ball (with kessler) lineups.

I'd start Dunn, Clarkson, Collins, Lauri, and Walker. Then.....

Dunn -> Sexton
Clarkson -> THT
Collins -> Ochai
Lauri -> Simone (not big on him)
Walker -> KO

I'd send the 3 rookies to G League and call it a day.

Quality of competition really needs to be factored into preseason performances. For example, the difference in who THT faced for the majority of his minutes versus who Keyonte faced in the majority of his is significant.

Quality of competition really needs to be factored into preseason performances. For example, the difference in who THT faced for the majority of his minutes versus who Keyonte faced in the majority of his is significant.
This is true but there is also the quality of who you played with. Assists in particular are harder to come by if you play with subpar play finishers.

THT: 21.4 minutes per game. 14.2 points per game. 5.2-11.4 shooting for 45.6%. 1.6-4.4 from three for 36.4%. 2.2-2.8 for 78.6% from the line. 4.0 rebounds. 4.4 assists. 2.4 turnovers

Sexton: 18.2 minutes per game. 11.2 points per game. 3.6-7.6 shooting for 47.4%. 1.0-2.0 from three for 50%. 3.0-3.4 for 88.2% from the line. 2.0 rebounds. 2.4 assists. 1.6 turnovers

Keyonte: 22.5 minutes per game. 10.4 points per game. 2.8-8.6 shooting for 32.6% 1.4-5.0 from three for 28%. 3.4-4.4 for 77.3% from the line. 1.4 rebounds. 3.6 assists. 1.6 turnovers

Dunn: 15.2 minutes per game. 8.0 points per game. 3.6-4.2 shooting for 85.7%. 0.4-0.6 from three for 66.7%. 0.4-1.0 for 40% from the line. 2.2 rebounds. 2.8 assists. 1.2 turnovers.

Pretty dang good performance all around. Interesting to see that keyonte got the most minutes but played the worst (statistically). Coach must really like him. Then again its pre season so its hard to make any of this mean much.

I think we all agree that THT will start and sexton will get a good amount of minutes off the bench. Will be interesting to see if Keyonte continues getting minutes or rides pine in the regular season. No idea what will happen with Dunn but figure he will get some burn in our small ball (with kessler) lineups.
Keyontes shooting was off. Young players are usually even more streaky shooters than vets. He showed in SL what it looks like when he is hot.

Imo he took mainly good looks from deep but the biggest problem for him was that he got blocked probably more than the rest of the guards combined.. and a lot of those blocks came at the rim.

I still like his passing upside and ball security for a rookie. In fact looking at those numbers, his AST/TO looks to be the best.

Dunn -> Sexton
Clarkson -> THT
Collins -> Ochai
Walker -> KO

I would do this as well though i wouldnt play simone. I would use a 9 man rotation.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Keyontes shooting was off. Young players are usually even more streaky shooters than vets. He showed in SL what it looks like when he is hot.

Imo he took mainly good looks from deep but the biggest problem for him was that he got blocked probably more than the rest of the guards combined.. and a lot of those blocks came at the rim.

I still like his passing upside and ball security for a rookie. In fact looking at those numbers, his AST/TO looks to be the best.

How was his shooting in college?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Shooting was projected to be his strength but efficiency was gonna be a work in progress.

Stats werent great at 38% FG and 33% 3P but predraft analysts thought he should pick those up in due time because he took a lot of difficult shots at Baylor.
And was playing out of position and overweight iirc.

Dunn -> Sexton
Clarkson -> THT
Collins -> Ochai
Walker -> KO

Lauri 3, Collins 4 I would think. When Lauri rests, Ochai comes in. Lauri will also play 4 and 5 in some lineups, and Collins will play 5 in some lineups.

Last edited:
I’m glad now that after all the trade conjecture we still have Sexton and THT on the roster. Not many guys out there with their physical gifts and they could pay off huge for us moving forward either on the court or as trade chips. I still consider Dunn to be our most consistent point however and pray he doesn’t get lost on the bench. Less concerned for George actually, who I consider a year or two away and has no realistic shot at a ROY in this draft class (including Chet) anyway