What's new

Predict Gordon Hayward Stats for Upcoming Season

Pretty hard to predict. If Trey makes a jump, and Dante proves worthy of on-ball duties, Gordo's assist numbers should go down. If the team gets out in transition more, Gordo's rebound numbers should go down (this will be mitigated somewhat with more minutes at the 3). I'd expect him to play more off-ball this season, so his ability to knock down spot-up jumpers will determine his scoring. I also suspect his minutes will go down.

16/4/4 on 46% from 2, 36% from 3 (2.2:1 2PTA:3PTA = 43% FG), 82% from the line

Pretty hard to predict. If Trey makes a jump, and Dante proves worthy of on-ball duties, Gordo's assist numbers should go down. If the team gets out in transition more, Gordo's rebound numbers should go down (this will be mitigated somewhat with more minutes at the 3). I'd expect him to play more off-ball this season, so his ability to knock down spot-up jumpers will determine his scoring. I also suspect his minutes will go down.

16/4/4 on 46% from 2, 36% from 3 (2.2:1 2PTA:3PTA = 43% FG), 82% from the line

It will be interesting to see if Hayward leaks out more like he did his first 3 years, or continues to rebound like he did this past year. Personally, I hope he is able to leak. It always seemed to me that transition buckets/drawing fouls was always his best spark plug for his confidence.

I think I see him getting 19/4/4.

More transition buckets, more efficiency, less ball handling and rebounding.

It will depend largely on whether or not someone emerges as a legitimate offensive threat (looking more in Kanter's direction). If someone else comes in as an 18 ppg player, then Hayward's shooting numbers will return much closer to previous years and he'll average 17 ppg or more. If he's still the only guy scoring on offense, then his shooting numbers will be subpar and he'll average about as many points as he is current doing. Looking at him in a vacuum, his best chance is if he's starting at the 2 with Burke, Hood, Kanter's and Favors surrounding him.

It will be interesting to see if Hayward leaks out more like he did his first 3 years, or continues to rebound like he did this past year. Personally, I hope he is able to leak. It always seemed to me that transition buckets/drawing fouls was always his best spark plug for his confidence.
Good post

Hayward starts off the season with his customary bad start...he starts hearing the boos, and all the talk about him being massively overpaid, he crumbles under this insurmountable pressure and is barely a decent role player for the rest of his career. The dude's fragile ego is shattered beyond repair. By season's end he is a shell of his former self, coming off the bench playing 20 minutes a game...

11/2/2 38%FG, 29%3PT