What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

Expensive liability on offense and someone who makes as much as he does without having creation skills is limiting from a team building perspective. Gets paid like a megastar but will never have the same impact as the others who are paid like him.

Almost like I’ve been saying the same thing all along. You can clown LoPo all you want but he’s been saying the same stuff too.
We clown y'all because other reasons lmao. No one other than Catchall had many any claim that Gobert will have great trade value. We all agree that he will be valued less than his actual value, for a varying amount of reasons. We clown you because you want to boil it down to Gobert isn't actually good and act like other context doesn't matter.

We clown y'all because y'all have no idea how to have a basketball argument. Y'all stick your heads in the sand and ignore data we give you. Lopo ignores several high level reports about Donovan's team control and act like it's all made up. Y'all got a narrative and you stick to it like a paid politician. It's embarrassing how dumb y'all can be.

like how Lopo makes stats up like Donovan Mitchell doesn't use screens or how we can show you proof that Gobert defends isolations at a high level but you can't even understand what that means and then you go to a small sample size to deny that. Those are just examples.

We clown y'all because other reasons lmao. No one other than Catchall had many any claim that Gobert will have great trade value. We all agree that he will be valued less than his actual value, for a varying amount of reasons. We clown you because you want to boil it down to Gobert isn't actually good and act like other context doesn't matter.

like how Lopo makes stats up like Donovan Mitchell doesn't use screens or how we can show you proof that Gobert defends isolations at a high level but you can't even understand what that means and then you go to a small sample size to deny that. Those are just examples.

Let’s get one thing clear nobody clowns me and if anything people laugh at you because of your obsession with hating our best player.

Myself I’m more of a what have you done for me lately kind of guy. Lately Gobert got torched in isolation. He’s limited offensively and eats up so much of our cap. He’s getting older, etc. There is so many reasons to trade him now. He doesn’t suck I know he doesn’t but he’s not nearly as good as you think he is or 95% of this board does. News flash we won’t get what you think he is worth because he’s not worth what you think he is.

Expensive liability on offense and someone who makes as much as he does without having creation skills is limiting from a team building perspective. Gets paid like a megastar but will never have the same impact as the others who are paid like him.

Almost like I’ve been saying the same thing all along. You can clown LoPo all you want but he’s been saying the same stuff too.
Exactly what I have been saying for years.

Good read from Kevin O’Connor this morning:
I somewhat disagree with his assessment. The teams most interested in Rudy are likely not teams that are contenders right now as the view is he limits the teams ceiling imo. Its the teams desperate to make the playoffs that should have the most interest as he will get them there (or at least to the play-in in the case of a team like the Kings).

I somewhat disagree with his assessment. The teams most interested in Rudy are likely not teams that are contenders right now as the view is he limits the teams ceiling imo. Its the teams desperate to make the playoffs that should have the most interest as he will get them there (or at least to the play-in in the case of a team like the Kings).

Charlotte, Sacramento, Portland and San Antonio might all fit that description.

It’s mainly due to salary size.

Let’s get one thing clear nobody clowns me and if anything people laugh at you because of your obsession with hating our best player.

Myself I’m more of a what have you done for me lately kind of guy. Lately Gobert got torched in isolation. He’s limited offensively and eats up so much of our cap. He’s getting older, etc. There is so many reasons to trade him now. He doesn’t suck I know he doesn’t but he’s not nearly as good as you think he is or 95% of this board does. News flash we won’t get what you think he is worth because he’s not worth what you think he is.
Literally everyone on the board has been clowning you for years dude.

I personally don't care if people disagree with my Don takes. Some will, some won't. I back my **** up with well thought out post, stats, facts, reports, etc.

For instance, you don't like Gobert cuz you says he gets torched in isolation. That's just a straight up lie. Even if he did get beat this post season in isolation, it's a small sample size. He rated as one of the best isolation defenders this season.

This is an example of your stupidity and dishonest discussion style.

I don't like Mitchell because he sucks on defense. Mitchell actually sucks *** on defense and that can be verified by many metrics and nearly every person who has eyes and hasn't been affected by fetal alcohol syndrome.

My reasons are based on reality. Yours are based on you just saying false things and acting like it's reality.

Literally everyone on the board has been clowning you for years dude.

I personally don't care if people disagree with my Don takes. Some will, some won't. I back my **** up with well thought out post, stats, facts, reports, etc.

For instance, you don't like Gobert cuz you says he gets torched in isolation. That's just a straight up lie. Even if he did get beat this post season in isolation, it's a small sample size. He rated as one of the best isolation defenders this season.

This is an example of your stupidity and dishonest discussion style.

I don't like Mitchell because he sucks on defense. Mitchell actually sucks *** on defense and that can be verified by many metrics and nearly every person who has eyes and hasn't been affected by fetal alcohol syndrome.

My reasons are based on reality. Yours are based on you just saying false things and acting like it's reality.

Gobert got torched on defense in isolation in the playoffs this year. That is 100% a fact. Who cares what he did in the regular season we need him to perform in the playoffs. 1.92 PPP is ****ing trash.

Donovan has the skills and ability to be a good defender and when we get a coach who’s idea of defense isn’t to funnel everything to one big man you will see that.

Rudy sucks on offense and is a liability. He eats up so much of our cap for being so limited it blows.

Kings, Atlanta, Charlotte... Raptors?

News flash the playoffs are a small sample size when we get bounced in the first round. We have those 6 games to figure out what went wrong and 1.92 PPP is ****ing abominable.

Gobert got torched on defense in isolation in the playoffs this year. That is 100% a fact. Who cares what he did in the regular season we need him to perform in the playoffs. 1.92 PPP is ****ing trash.
This is a 13 possession sample size, mostly against Luka Doncic.

If isolating against Gobert was truly the magical winning solution that you think it is, the Mavericks would have done it more than two times per game. An isolation against Gobert is something they could have gotten every possession if they wanted - and yet they avoided it in all but 13 possessions over the course of six games.

Putting Gobert there with Zion coming back, McCollum and Ingram. That’s a very strong core potentially. And there’s no guarantees the 8th pick pans out.

NOLA might conclude that they already have enough young talent developing with Herb Jones, Trey Murphy, Jose Alvarado, etc. They took a step towards winning now with the McCollum trade.

This is a 13 possession sample size, mostly against Luka Doncic.

If isolating against Gobert was truly the magical winning solution that you think it is, the Mavericks would have done it more than two times per game. An isolation against Gobert is something they could have gotten every possession if they wanted - and yet they avoided it in all but 13 possessions over the course of six games.

Lol finally someone who ****ing took the bait. Guess what Mitchell was only isolated 11 times and allowed less than a point per possession. Guess that wasn’t the magical winning solution for the Mavericks either huh?

Lol finally someone who ****ing took the bait. Guess what Mitchell was only isolated 11 times and allowed less than a point per possession. Guess that wasn’t the magical winning solution for the Mavericks either huh?
This is the second time you've argued against a point I'm not making. It's really annoying and I wish you'd stop.