What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

If you trade either Mitchell or Gobert to every team. How many teams are better with Gobert, how many with Mitchell? You can make an argument that Gobert makes every team better and with Mitchell at most half would be.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

If you trade either Mitchell or Gobert to every team. How many teams are better with Gobert, how many with Mitchell? You can make an argument that Gobert makes every team better and with Mitchell at most half would be.

Every single NBA team is better if you add Donovan Mitchell. Every single one.

Philly and Denver are not better if you add Rudy Gobert.

No argument is needed. This is over.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Every single NBA team is better if you add Donovan Mitchell. Every single one.

Philly and Denver are not better if you add Rudy Gobert.

No argument is needed. This is over.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Valid. Philly would be interesting with Gobert screening and better defense. Guys like Harris and Harden would definitely be better.
Denver is medocre either way. Gobert would definitely obviously not be anywhere as good offensively. Defense would be better.

Teams value Rudy a ton, they are just aware Donovan Mitchell is running the franchise and he wants Rudy gone, so why would anyone be lining up to pay too much when a bargain deal is likely?
You just contradicted yourself in the same post. If there are multiple teams that highly value Rudy then Mitchell wanting him gone means nothing. The only thing that matters is another team also values him highly so you have to pay up if you really want him.

You just contradicted yourself in the same post. If there are multiple teams that highly value Rudy then Mitchell wanting him gone means nothing. The only thing that matters is another team also values him highly so you have to pay up if you really want him.

Bro didn’t you get the memo logic doesn’t fly around here.

Locke seems to think Quin leaving and a new coach coming in actually increases the chances that we keep both Donovan and Rudy...I thought it would be just the opposite.

Locke seems to think Quin leaving and a new coach coming in actually increases the chances that we keep both Donovan and Rudy...I thought it would be just the opposite.
Locke thinks the status quo should remain of all people? No way.

Price is what u pay, value is what u get. If jazz are in a rush to move gobert and there isnt a great market for him, theyre not going to get as good value as they would if they had the luxury of time to wait for something better.

Price is what u pay, value is what u get. If jazz are in a rush to move gobert and there isnt a great market for him, theyre not going to get as good value as they would if they had the luxury of time to wait for something better.

I'm not sure something better would come along down the road. I don't think his trade value will get better in the future, if anything it will likely decline.

Age and contract

He turns 30 this month and has a ginormous contract. Also, the league seems to be moving away from traditional centers.
Seems like a lot of this depends on timing. If the trade takes a long time to follow through i think i agree with you. If it happens sooner i think both those variables are pretty marginal relative to getting the right trade done and not rushing it.

View: https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1534183390274011136

Not a fan of this deal as I am a long believer that Vucevic is not a guy you can start if you want to be more than a first round playoff exit.

To do this deal you need to be huge believers in Williams. He is a good prospect and solid defender but might never turn the corner and has had injury issues (though they seem more like bad luck).

So Vuc, #19, Williams for Rudy? That enough?