What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

I mean GS literally traded a healthy monta Ellis for an injured Andrew bogut… held Steph Curry out… so they could blatantly lose. Bogut and Barnes proved very valuable in their title runs and they had zero issues with culture. It’s laughable to stare at the sun and say the sun doesn’t exist.

They tanked one year and hit a generational talent in Duncan lol. Hardly the rule more like a once in a blue moon exception.
Except it’s not. Finals participants are LARGELY made up of guys that are drafted in the top 5 and the only way we get those guys is in the draft because we aren’t the Lakers or Miami.

I mean GS literally traded a healthy monta Ellis for an injured Andrew bogut… held Steph Curry out… so they could blatantly lose. Bogut and Barnes proved very valuable in their title runs and they had zero issues with culture. It’s laughable to stare at the sun and say the sun doesn’t exist.

They blatantly tanked when we had their pick.

I mean Boston never traded away players for talent and tanked except the current time they did to get all their all star talent and go to the finals 1x and conference finals 3x… GTFO

Except it’s not. Finals participants are LARGELY made up of guys that are drafted in the top 5 and the only way we get those guys is in the draft because we aren’t the Lakers or Miami.

Lol I literally have said that multiple times before. The last what 12 Finals winners had one of these guys:

LeBron
Curry
Giannis
Kawhi
Durant

All top-5 guys.

You can literally go read books about how tanking works (bottoming out or whatever you want to call it). That’s what the nba doesn’t want you to think though. Winning a title is hard… all routes will lead to failure… but drafting very high in the lotto is proven… how does one draft high… they either suck or get lucky or both.

Can we tank and keep Donovan though?
Probably not… whatever you trade Mike Bogey and Rudy for will likely be solid players that help us win… unless Don gets hurt for the year I doubt it.

Also that’s the whole issue… Look how successful we already have been… you already are hearing the Don grumbles and you think he’s gonna be happy on a bottom feeder… nah… he’d want out yesterday. He ain’t waiting around for some young guys to get good.

Show me the list of teams that have been in the lottery for a decade and tell me which ones were “tanking”. Then I’ll show you the list of teams that have made the conference finals by tearing it down and bottoming out and we can see who has the longer list.

Sacramento Kings
Orlando Magic
Detroit Pistons
Phoenix Suns
Cleveland Cavaliers
Charlotte Hornets
Washington Wizards
Minnesota Timberwolves
New York Knicks

Just because you have high drafts picks all of the time doesn’t guarantee a damn thing.

You want to hear the players these teams drafted in the lottery and most of these guys were the top-10 over a decade?

Thomas Robinson
Ben McLemore
Nik Stauskas
WIllie Callie-Stein
Marquese Chriss
Marvin Bagley
Victor Oladipo
Aaron Gordon
Mario Hezonja
Jonathan Issac
Mo Bamba
Greg Monroe
Brandon Knight
Andre Drummond
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Stanley Johnson
Luke Kennard
Killian Hayes
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson
Jalen Smith
Dion Waiters
Anthony Bennett
Colin Sexton
Isaac Okoro
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Noah Vonleh
Frank Kaminsky
Malik Monk
Jan Vesley
Otto Porter
Troy Brown
Rui Hachimura
Deni Avidja
Corey Kispert
Wesley Johnson
Derrick Williams
Kris Dunn
Kristaps Porzingis
Frank Ntilikina
Kevin Knox

Hell look at our lottery picks:

Enes Kanter
Alec Burks
Trey Burke
Dante Exum
Trey Lyles

Your turn.

There's a difference between true tanking and just being a bad team that is managed poorly...

The Kings havent tanked and to my recollection have never really tanked. They are constantly doing win now moves to chase the 8th seed that backfire in their face.

There's a difference between true tanking and just being a bad team that is managed poorly...

Hasn’t your entire MO been that Ryan is running the team into the ground? You have faith in our draft picks with him as the owner?

The entire point is you can get in the lottery as much as you want and get high picks but the problem is you actually have to draft well.

How far out is OKC from actually competing?

Like how can you include the WIzards as a "tanking" team when they have been kept Beal this entire time?

And you listed the Cavs as being a team that failed at tanking? You mean the team that tanked for Lebron James and enjoyed years of high level playoff success?

Is this the Jazzfanz village idiot?

Like how can you include the WIzards as a "tanking" team when they have been kept Beal this entire time?

And you listed the Cavs as being a team that failed at tanking? You mean the team that tanked for Lebron James and enjoyed years of high level playoff success?

I don’t think either team has tanked clown. They are mostly terrible at drafting which keeps them in the lottery.

Everyone acts like we are guaranteed to get the #1 pick next year if we tanked. What if we got the 4th pick and they ended up being subpar? Then what? Another year of sucking and hoping we get a good player in the draft? How many years is that going to go on for?

Sacramento Kings
Orlando Magic
Detroit Pistons
Phoenix Suns
Cleveland Cavaliers
Charlotte Hornets
Washington Wizards
Minnesota Timberwolves
New York Knicks

Just because you have high drafts picks all of the time doesn’t guarantee a damn thing.

You want to hear the players these teams drafted in the lottery and most of these guys were the top-10 over a decade?

Thomas Robinson
Ben McLemore
Nik Stauskas
WIllie Callie-Stein
Marquese Chriss
Marvin Bagley
Victor Oladipo
Aaron Gordon
Mario Hezonja
Jonathan Issac
Mo Bamba
Greg Monroe
Brandon Knight
Andre Drummond
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Stanley Johnson
Luke Kennard
Killian Hayes
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson
Jalen Smith
Dion Waiters
Anthony Bennett
Colin Sexton
Isaac Okoro
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Noah Vonleh
Frank Kaminsky
Malik Monk
Jan Vesley
Otto Porter
Troy Brown
Rui Hachimura
Deni Avidja
Corey Kispert
Wesley Johnson
Derrick Williams
Kris Dunn
Kristaps Porzingis
Frank Ntilikina
Kevin Knox

Hell look at our lottery picks:

Enes Kanter
Alec Burks
Trey Burke
Dante Exum
Trey Lyles

Your turn.
You’re gonna leave out Hayward?

So you read the post that you quoted and didnt answer it in the slightest? You just strawmanned.

Incredible.

Dude you created a fake account named your new username to include a swipe at Donovan, you tweet about him every single day, you literally do everything to bring him up in any way possible. You literally brought him up in a tweet about Jordan Poole. You need some serious help man. I hope you get the help you need having an obsession like this isn’t healthy it literally has consumed your entire life. I’m worried about you man please talk to someone.

Dude you created a fake account named your new username to include a swipe at Donovan, you tweet about him every single day, you literally do everything to bring him up in any way possible. You literally brought him up in a tweet about Jordan Poole. You need some serious help man. I hope you get the help you need having an obsession like this isn’t healthy it literally has consumed your entire life. I’m worried about you man please talk to someone.
No clue what you are referring to.

Gobert is the generational player. He will get you to the playoffs basically by himself. He will age well because he has the Karl Malone mentality in taking care of his body.

Unless you can get a haul for him don’t do it. Don’t trade the guy that changed the culture. It’s not Quinn it’s Gobert.

It seems like Mitchell will get you more, move him. Specially because he has turned into a major db.