What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

Gobert is the generational player. He will get you to the playoffs basically by himself. He will age well because he has the Karl Malone mentality in taking care of his body.

Unless you can get a haul for him don’t do it. Don’t trade the guy that changed the culture. It’s not Quinn it’s Gobert.

It seems like Mitchell will get you more, move him. Specially because he has turned into a major db.
Its tough. If it wasnt Utah the answer might be to trade everyone for expiring contracts and try to win the 2023 NBA Free Agency and see if Mitchell can bring anyone in, but it's Utah.

View: https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1534205040491208705

these are pretty good. Jake is becoming a homeless man's Woj (less newsbreaker more rumor monger). He's dry as hell but he seems pretty well informed.

One of the most interesting parts of this podcast was when Tony said "Johnnie Bryant can tell Donovan Mitchell no... that right there might be the number one most important thing this franchise needs right now, to tell you the truth. I'm being so real"

I can't imagine how stupid a person has to be to still deny that this franchise caters to Donovan and kisses his *** at every turn.

Gobert is the generational player. He will get you to the playoffs basically by himself. He will age well because he has the Karl Malone mentality in taking care of his body.

Unless you can get a haul for him don’t do it. Don’t trade the guy that changed the culture. It’s not Quinn it’s Gobert.

It seems like Mitchell will get you more, move him. Specially because he has turned into a major db.

Gobert is amazing but to say he is a generational player is just not true.

One of the most interesting parts of this podcast was when Tony said "Johnnie Bryant can tell Donovan Mitchell no... that right there might be the number one most important thing this franchise needs right now, to tell you the truth. I'm being so real"

I can't imagine how stupid a person has to be to still deny that this franchise caters to Donovan and kisses his *** at every turn.
I dont really mind doing things to appease Donovan, I'm more worried about the things we dont do in fear of upsetting Donovan. I mean, if Donovan wants Bryant and Bryant is a tougher coach, then maybe that's a good thing. I dont think Donovan just wants things easy all the time and be surrounded by yes men, but he is probably surrounded by a lot of yes men. Maybe Bryant would be the best thing if what Tony said is true.

If we are passing on good trade deals for a player like O'Neale, that is an issue in my eyes.

Its tough. If it wasnt Utah the answer might be to trade everyone for expiring contracts and try to win the 2023 NBA Free Agency and see if Mitchell can bring anyone in, but it's Utah.

Yeah kind of a bummer.

I just don’t see a path in which you trade Gobert, keep Mitchell and end up better. Maybe if Don played defense, but without Gobert we will be **** on defense.

If you trade Mitchell,I believe you could get more. Something like a solid athletic wing, shooting and 3 firsts or so. We will take a step back but have the possibility of being better in 3 or 4 years.

If you trade Gobert, trade Mitchell while he still has value.

Sacramento Kings
Orlando Magic
Detroit Pistons
Phoenix Suns
Cleveland Cavaliers
Charlotte Hornets
Washington Wizards
Minnesota Timberwolves
New York Knicks

Just because you have high drafts picks all of the time doesn’t guarantee a damn thing.

You want to hear the players these teams drafted in the lottery and most of these guys were the top-10 over a decade?

Thomas Robinson
Ben McLemore
Nik Stauskas
WIllie Callie-Stein
Marquese Chriss
Marvin Bagley
Victor Oladipo
Aaron Gordon
Mario Hezonja
Jonathan Issac
Mo Bamba
Greg Monroe
Brandon Knight
Andre Drummond
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Stanley Johnson
Luke Kennard
Killian Hayes
Kendall Marshall
Alex Len
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson
Jalen Smith
Dion Waiters
Anthony Bennett
Colin Sexton
Isaac Okoro
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Cody Zeller
Noah Vonleh
Frank Kaminsky
Malik Monk
Jan Vesley
Otto Porter
Troy Brown
Rui Hachimura
Deni Avidja
Corey Kispert
Wesley Johnson
Derrick Williams
Kris Dunn
Kristaps Porzingis
Frank Ntilikina
Kevin Knox

Hell look at our lottery picks:

Enes Kanter
Alec Burks
Trey Burke
Dante Exum
Trey Lyles

Your turn.
Great work… except Suns have been to the finals… Cavs have won a title and been in the finals like 4 times. Wiz have been a playoff team 5 last 9 years.

Leaves the Kings, Magic, Knicks, Pistons, Hornets, and Wolves. Let’s take the Kings, Pistons, Hornets… these are teams that didn’t really try hard to tank and engaged in chasing the 8 seed… even though the Kings still had high picks they were generally trying to make the playoffs… they also had golden opportunities to draft Luka and Kawhi or Klay and came away with Bagley and Stauskus… they also have away the 10th pick and a pick swap that cost them a chance to draft Tatum instead of Fox… they did that to clear space to sign Iggy… that’s a win now move. Had they been tanking or at least acknowledged their place in the nba life cycle they don’t give away Tatum and Mikal Bridges for Fox and the right to sign Rondo and Koufus… so tanking or rebuilding would have been a big benefit.

Pistons hired a coach as GM and he of course did winning moves like trading for Blake’s monstrous contract and giving away multiple picks one that became SGA. They really never lost enough to have a high pick.

Orlando has been really unlucky… in years they moved up the draft sucked… but they also could have moved on from Vooch Fournier Gordon earlier to stop chasing the 8 seed.

Knicks are another team that doesn’t really tank. They try to win and it leaves them drafting later in the lotto… they also sign win now pieces that are mediocre because they are impatient. They also haven’t drafted well.

Wolves have sucked… hornets have sucked… it doesn’t always work… there are a lot of ways to fail.

None of these teams really stacked the deck by adding a bunch of picks to help with the rebuild. Many did short sighted moves to chase the 8 seed… basically what we are going to do.

To be continued… just one moment.

Yeah kind of a bummer.

I just don’t see a path in which you trade Gobert, keep Mitchell and end up better. Maybe if Don played defense, but without Gobert we will be **** on defense.

If you trade Mitchell,I believe you could get more. Something like a solid athletic wing, shooting and 3 firsts or so. We will take a step back but have the possibility of being better in 3 or 4 years.

If you trade Gobert, trade Mitchell while he still has value.

Conley for two good role players maybe? Or one good role player and one overpaid one who’s just okay?

Tony said he would call the Hawks and offer Rudy/Bogey for Hunter/Collins/16. That doesn’t work under the cap but Tony said the Hawks would have to find a taker for Capela. Sounds like the Jazz like Hunter and don’t really want Capela.

That would save us 25+ mil in salary.

He also said he could see something like Anunoby/Trent Jr/Flynn/33 for Gobert which seems like more than Toronto would give up but I guess you never know.

GS didn't tank until they had already drafted Curry and Klay.

Boston never really tanked. They just were awful then drafted well.

San Antonio tanked one time but only because they had major injuries.

Nobody has traded away good players to tank then turned that into some success story.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Allowing your team to become awful is the very definition of tanking. Celtics dropped to 25 wins during the 13/14 season, just like the Jazz did. Jazz won the coin flip to get the #5 pick in the 2014 draft, while Boston got #6. Jazz drafted Exum, and Celtics drafted Smart.

We’re fans. We’ll be here whether they tank or they’re good. Pride ain’t got **** to do with it. Have pride? Lol, so we can talk mad **** to online strangers? Pride doesn’t matter at all for fans. Just win baby, even if you have to lose to win.
It ain’t hard to understand

You can literally go read books about how tanking works (bottoming out or whatever you want to call it). That’s what the nba doesn’t want you to think though. Winning a title is hard… all routes will lead to failure… but drafting very high in the lotto is proven… how does one draft high… they either suck or get lucky or both.

The Sixers not only tanked for high lottery picks, they also were happy to let players red shirt their first year. It happened with Noel, Embiid and Simmons. Sixers were extremely well set up to compete at the highest level, but they were unfortunate with Markelle Fultz, and they mishandled Jimmy Butler.

Hearsay, rumors, lies… can’t believe you Rudy lovers fall for these grifters and their “sauces” with info.

Gobert for Hunter/Collins/16 sounds pretty intriguing to me. Would Detroit take Bogey/16 for Grant?

More than that, WHY THE **** ARE WE TRYING TO BUILD AROUD THAT.