What's new

Predictions for Mitchell's Progress for Next Season

No way SL -- that would be foolish. For what reason? He's going for at least 27 ppg next year. If he improves his consistency on his outside shot, he could easily hit 30 ppg.

I hope he can add a floater to his game. With a little better shot selection and better efficiency, plus getting more calls, I can see him getting 26 to 27 points.

25/5 seems like a good estimate. I'm hoping he gets there just by improving his efficiency. Bring it up to 45%/38%.

I think the worst thing for Mitchell is enabling a mind set that he's done enough.
Joe Ingles on Donovan last night after the game “I was just wondering if the kid was gonna be alright. He was almost in tears for not being able to finish the last few minutes of the game.”

Does that sound like someone who feels like he’s done enough?

Donovan “I won’t be happy until we win a championship. And once we have one I’ll want another one.”

Sorry Arch, but this may be one of the worst hot takes I’ve seen. There’s not a thing to worry about with Donovan. He will get better....and better.....and better.

Next season I think Donovan will up every shooting percentage, up his number of free throws, see the floor better, and come back even physically stronger than he already is. I would really like to see him make the actual All Star team next season although it will be tough in a log jammed spot in the western conference.

One thing I’m interested in is how he’ll further take over the team. Shaking off the rookie label, in which he already basically owned this franchise and fan base, I’m interested in that next step as well and seeing it.

Joe Ingles on Donovan last night after the game “I was just wondering if the kid was gonna be alright. He was almost in tears for not being able to finish the last few minutes of the game.”

Does that sound like someone who feels like he’s done enough?

Donovan “I won’t be happy until we win a championship. And once we have one I’ll want another one.”

Sorry Arch, but this may be one of the worst hot takes I’ve seen. There’s not a thing to worry about with Donovan. He will get better....and better.....and better.

Next season I think Donovan will up every shooting percentage, up his number of free throws, see the floor better, and come back even physically stronger than he already is. I would really like to see him make the actual All Star team next season although it will be tough in a log jammed spot in the western conference.

One thing I’m interested in is how he’ll further take over the team. Shaking off the rookie label, in which he already basically owned this franchise and fan base, I’m interested in that next step as well and seeing it.
Lol.

You guys read too damn much into "hot takes."

Kid is absolutely humble. Keeping him down to earth is not necessarily needed right now, but it's certainly not a bad thing.

Your take was hot garbage.

Lol.

You guys read too damn much into "hot takes."

Kid is absolutely humble. Keeping him down to earth is not necessarily needed right now, but it's certainly not a bad thing.

Your take was hot garbage.
There’s a difference between keeping someone grounded, and doing completely needless things.

I pretty much agree with The initial post, except for fact that Mitchell improvement will come more from better understanding than from "new moves". I expect around 22 points, 4.5 assists and 4 rebounds.

22 points seems so low, he averaged like 23 after the first month of the season. And 24.5 in the playoffs where it’s harder.

He improves at an alarming rate, unless there is some kind of sophomore slump I can’t see him improving his scoring average by only 1.5 points without having to get acquainted to the NBA like he did this year. Just upping his percentages a little bit would put him well past 22.

I’ll say 25.4/4.8/4.5 on 46/37/82 all star.

I’d like to see a floater in his game.

More interesting to me, Royce’s progress. I think he is only scratching the surface of his potential. He’s already an elite defender and has elite athleticism. He might never develop great ballhandling but his 3 pt shot could improve. And once it does, you’re looking at a top defender coupled with a elite athleticism. I see James Posey Shawn Marion like potential in him.

Last edited:
22 points seems so low, he averaged like 23 after the first month of the season. And 24.5 in the playoffs where it’s harder.

He improves at an alarming rate, unless there is some kind of sophomore slump I can’t see him improving his scoring average by only 1.5 points without having to get acquainted to the NBA like he did this year. Just upping his percentages a little bit would put him well past 22.

I’ll say 25.4/4.8/4.5 on 46/37/82 all star.

I get you, but I don't think that Snyder wants the team to be so dependent of him as you imply. I think Mitchell's role will remain basically the same, with basically the same usage rate.