What's new

Preseason Game 1: Utah @ Portland, Monday Dec 19th, 8pm MST

somebody

christmas_myspace_divider_11.gif

jazz-logo.gif
@
portland_trail_blazers_logo-10002.png

Monday, Dec 19th, 8:00pm MST
TV: Root sports (Utah), CSN-Por (Portland)

Listen Live: 1320kfan.com, direct link to stream

Probable Starting Lineups:

lineupsu.jpg

• This game can also be seen on NBA League Pass which I believe is currently airing for free if your satellite or cable service has those channels.
  • This is the first pre-season game for both teams.
  • Paul Millsap is questionable with right quadriceps tendinitis.
  • Looks like LaMarcus Aldridge won't play this first game.
  • Portland picked up Kurt Thomas last week (NBA's oldest active player).
  • Wouldn't it make more sense for McMillan to start Thomas at the 4, and Wallace at the 3? Either way, let's hope our front-court size can give them problems.
  • Due to the compressed pre-season, Nate McMillan says he'll treat this like a regular season game.

Game on!

christmas_myspace_divider_11.gif

Last edited:
  • First pre-season game for both teams.
  • Paul Millsap questionable with right quadriceps tendinitis.
  • Looks like Aldridge won't play this first game.
  • Portland picked up Kurt Thomas last week (NBA's oldest active player).
  • Wouldn't it make more sense for McMillan to start Thomas at the 4, and Wallace at the 3?
No, because Thomas is old as dirt. I mean Stern.

It'll be interesting to see--once again--if Slowkur and Al "I don't do help defense" Jefferson can contain Wallace on the defensive end when the first line breaks down. If the Jazz aren't playing Millsap this is a situation where they might consider trying Evans or even Burks on Wallace (i.e., playing a third "wing") when Matthews-Batum-Wallace are in there. This is the kind of situation where astute coaching (rather than routine Sloanian favor-the-veterans basketball) will help.

I hope that Corbin doesn't play it like a regular-season game, because experimenting with lineups and players is more important for a young team. His choice of starters (Bell? Okur?) speaks of more of tired old tradition, although Bell's performance in the scrimmage might warrant it. As long as Okur isn't in there too long, maybe I'm OK with it. Might as well put him up against Camby and maybe draw Camby out to the perimeter when Utah is on offense.

Give Kanter a chance on Thomas (who might egg him on with "I'm old enough to be your father.")

I wonder if we will see any Josh Howard. I think Bell and Hayward will sew up the starting 2 and 3 spots. Unless we have injuries to our bigs I don't see how Evans will see the flow.

Just touched down in the states. Ready for some basketball tonight!

Anyone know if there will be a stream of the game tonight? Has league pass been streaming all televised pre-season games?

I wonder if we will see any Josh Howard. I think Bell and Hayward will sew up the starting 2 and 3 spots. Unless we have injuries to our bigs I don't see how Evans will see the flow.

Does Evans need contacts? :)

No, because Thomas is old as dirt. I mean Stern.

It'll be interesting to see--once again--if Slowkur and Al "I don't do help defense" Jefferson can contain Wallace on the defensive end when the first line breaks down. If the Jazz aren't playing Millsap this is a situation where they might consider trying Evans or even Burks on Wallace (i.e., playing a third "wing") when Matthews-Batum-Wallace are in there. This is the kind of situation where astute coaching (rather than routine Sloanian favor-the-veterans basketball) will help.

I hope that Corbin doesn't play it like a regular-season game, because experimenting with lineups and players is more important for a young team. His choice of starters (Bell? Okur?) speaks of more of tired old tradition, although Bell's performance in the scrimmage might warrant it. As long as Okur isn't in there too long, maybe I'm OK with it. Might as well put him up against Camby and maybe draw Camby out to the perimeter when Utah is on offense.

Give Kanter a chance on Thomas (who might egg him on with "I'm old enough to be your father.")

We should also have an advantage on the offensive side. Time for Okur to bust out his post up moves. Granted just preseason, but kind of glad Aldridge is out if I remember correctly his killed us. The only guy who could guard him is not on the team anymore.

The last time Utah played Portland, Jefferson and Favors did a pretty good job shutting down Aldridge.

I think we've seen the last of the Millsap/Aldridge match-up.

The last time Utah played Portland, Jefferson and Favors did a pretty good job shutting down Aldridge.

I think we've seen the last of the Millsap/Aldridge match-up.

Hopefully, this year we will see a lot less of Millsap in the instances where he simply can not guard the opposing player. Happened a lot last year.