What's new

Pretty disappointed in Jazzfanz at the moment, Jason

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
This is not directed at the mods. Mods, close this if you like to prevent other responses, but I really want to hear Jason say he's happy with what is currently happening.

I'm not. Just want to go on record.

Are you Jazzfanz's mother?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Sincere answer is that I'm usually pretty understanding about moderation of the forum and I'm not someone that would ever use the term "modstoppo" but things have been very heavy handed the last few days. And it comes with the appointment of two new mods that seem like the perfect choice to eliminate grown-up content on this site.

I don't want to participate in this kiddie playland version of Jazzfanz. I think the content creators on this site are being **** on at the moment and I want to know if Jason wants the most active posters here to be treated the way they are at the moment?

If everything to do with this was contained into one thread instead of constantly making new ones (this is what the 6th thread in relation to this?) you might have an easier time of getting some answers.

I posted a few honest answers in one of the others.

Just a thought.

If everything to do with this was contained into one thread instead of constantly making new ones (this is what the 6th thread in relation to this?) you might have an easier time of getting some answers.

I posted a few honest answers in one of the others.

Just a thought.

You guys keep closing them. That's why there are so many new ones being created.

You guys keep closing them. That's why there are so many new ones being created.

Threads trying to recreate the exact thread we closed, sure. But there are currently 4 threads that are open that are connected to this.

This one and 3 in General.

This is not directed at the mods. Mods, close this if you like to prevent other responses, but I really want to hear Jason say he's happy with what is currently happening.

I'm not. Just want to go on record.

I suggest you PM him if you want to make sure he sees this thread.

But, seriously? We close one thread whose sole purpose in life was to push the boundaries of what was acceptable, and people freak out? Must be the off season.

Just to be clear, we are talking only about the inappropriate thread in Gen Disc? What else is considered in scope for this GF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you truly thought it was that awful, why wait til now to close it Colt? It's two freaking years old.

Because it seems to have gotten progressively worse and worse over time. Judging from their comments in the thread where this was discussed in the mod forum most of the mods had stopped reading it because it crossed their personal line even if it hadn't crossed the site's line until more recently. (This is true for me personally, and at least two or three other mods said the same.) So when the thread was reported to me and I passed the report along to the mods, everyone took a fresh look at it and decided it had gone too far.

Threads trying to recreate the exact thread we closed, sure. But there are currently 4 threads that are open that are connected to this.

This one and 3 in General.
Not my fault people turned the appropriate stuff into something it wasn't intended to be.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Because it seems to have gotten progressively worse and worse over time.

There were rarely ever new posts in that inappropriate or not thread though.

P.S. You sons a bitches better not close the gif thread

Speaking for myself, I hadn't opened the thread in many months. There have been many new posts since then.

My memory says that we used to get many reports and used to have to remove images fairly often... but as I mentioned somewhere recently, probably in that thread itself, people have gotten much better about understanding where the line is in that thread. I don't remember the last time we had to issue an infraction/remove a gif. It's not in imminent danger of being closed.

full disclosure from me about this one thread (the one that was closed and drew all the complaints):

I rarely opened the thread because my slow dial-up internet connection would lock up trying to load all the videos at once. OK, that's a slight misrepresentation - the part about my dial-up connection is not quite true. The thread would lock up my computer though. But I was able to view the videos when they were reported since only one video would appear in the report thread.

additional disclosure:
I think that you're sort of joking with your last comment, but even so, I consider it borderline inappropriate. While in and of itself it doesn't bother me, it's the type of post that to a casual reader of the forum seems hostile. I don't know if you read Jason's POST in the Apology thread
I know there are probably thousands that view the site and never post nor have an account. I would hope that if any of them decided today was the day, that we'd welcome them.

At any rate, as far as I'm concerned, context does count, but it also matters how something comes across when taken out of context. And so that's the type of comment that, in context of everything that's gone on, I can shrug off and laugh at - - but taken out of context, I might find it offensive.

probably too much information, but oh well...

full disclosure from me about this one thread (the one that was closed and drew all the complaints):

I rarely opened the thread because my slow dial-up internet connection would lock up trying to load all the videos at once. OK, that's a slight misrepresentation - the part about my dial-up connection is not quite true. The thread would lock up my computer though. But I was able to view the videos when they were reported since only one video would appear in the report thread.

additional disclosure:
I think that you're sort of joking with your last comment, but even so, I consider it borderline inappropriate. While in and of itself it doesn't bother me, it's the type of post that to a casual reader of the forum seems hostile. I don't know if you read Jason's POST in the Apology thread

At any rate, as far as I'm concerned, context does count, but it also matters how something comes across when taken out of context. And so that's the type of comment that, in context of everything that's gone on, I can shrug off and laugh at - - but taken out of context, I might find it offensive.

probably too much information, but oh well...

Uhh I don't remember any videos in that thread. It was almost completely still images. There were some .gifs but most weren't. I would say most pages didn't even have .gifs.

To be honest, I kind of find it disappointing that you would vote to close a thread that you admittedly did not look through. Whatever, it's done but it does seem odd that all y'all that voted to close it have openly expressed how little you actually looked into it.