What's new

Probably should move Kanter at this point.

yamers

I'm expecting the Jazz to find a new home for Kanter real soon here. Hes a nice kid and all but I think he is getting destroyed on the defensive end way too much. Last year the jazz lost every single game where Kanter and Favors started together.....and guess what? here we are again.

Think he needs a fresh start elsewhere. I really wish him the best but he wont ever develop into an all star but maybe he will be serviceable coming off the beach in another system.

His value is basically an expiring contract at this point, something that could be used as a throw in with better pieces (draft picks).

At the beginning of the pre-season I was hoping they'd give him a season to see what he'd do in QS's system; but this is starting to look like a textbook round hole/square peg situation. As I said the other day I'm convinced The Jazz are actively trying to move him right now. I'd say there's a pretty good chance he doesn't even finish the year in Utah.

At the beginning of the pre-season I was hoping they'd give him a season games to see what he'd do in QS's system; but this is starting to look like a textbook round hole/square peg situation. As I said the other day I'm convinced The Jazz are actively trying to move him right now. I'd say there's a pretty good chance he doesn't even finish the year in Utah.

The only way for him to look good (like how he is best naturally) is in Favor's spot in the offense, but he looks terrible playing defense anywhere. I think he will eventually find his offense in Quin's system and become better, but his defense will most likely always be ***.

I've basically looked at what teams might want him and I don't think there is any trade that Jazz fans would like.

I'd rather move him to the bench as our scoring punch off the bench. I think he does well against bench guys and seem to remember him excelling at that last year... he won't like it in a contract year, but too damn bad.

I've basically looked at what teams might want him and I don't think there is any trade that Jazz fans would like.

Just throwing it out there:

Kanter to Toronto for Patrick Patterson and a number 2 pick.

Jazz move Booker into the starting PF position and get a back-up stretch 4 that's a better fit.

Toronto gets a back-up C who can split minutes with Jonas and is a clear upgrade to Greg Steimsma

Jazz move Booker into the starting PF position and get a back-up stretch 4 that's a better fit.

Toronto gets a back-up C who can split minutes with Jonas and is a clear upgrade to Greg Steimsma

If we could get this done, we should pull the trigger quickly. I think Kanter is still looking for his jock after that Dirk head pump...lol

He should be sent to Charlotte to back up Al. They like that style of basketball and Kanter can still score in the post somewhat reliably.
We'll take either Vonleh or Zeller back and try to make something of them.

The problem is we probably wouldn't want to take much salary back for somebody that doesn't figure into future plans. I like Handlogten's Heros idea about a trade for Olynyk, but we would almost definitely have to take the Wallace contract.

6 mil a year until 2016-17 tho

Hansbrough is backing up the 5, and looks pretty good through preseason and Game 1, with Amir playing some minutes there as well. Patterson is better than Kanter, and provides spacing for Vasquez, Lou, DeRozen and Lowry to do work off the bounce. Ujiri laughs at the offer. Toronto has a good thing going, and they're not going to break it up for an oaf who doesn't know how to play team basketball.

I think there is a market for him. Plenty of upside players in the league who have not panned out that would not mind switching it up. Mo harkless, ben mclemore are the two i am interested in. Kanter would be a decent fit with either team.

I thought Kanter to Charlotte made sense for a while, and I would love Zeller, but Kanter alone would probably only net Bismak Biyombo at this point.

The Patrick Patterson idea is intriguing.

Kelly Olynk would be a steal.

And yes I just threw up in my mouth a little when I realized what I said.

I think there is a market for him. Plenty of upside players in the league who have not panned out that would not mind switching it up. Mo harkless, ben mclemore are the two i am interested in. Kanter would be a decent fit with either team.

Think Harkless would be great here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone argue Kanter is not a top 15 Center in the NBA?

Marc Gasol
Derrick Favors
Dwight Howard
Tyson Chandler
Joakhim Noah
Anderson Varejao
Chris Bosh (technically plays center)
Al Horford
Al Jefferson
Brooks Lopez
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik
Marcin Gortat
Greg Monroe (arguably a PF, but is kind of same PF/C hybrid)
Andre Drummond (Are we at 15 yet.... yup we are and this has just been the obvious ones off teh top of my head, let me dig deeper by actually looking at rosters.)

Andrew Bogut
Roy Hibbert
DeAndre Jordan
Spencer Hawes
Larry Sanders
Nikola Pecovic
Nikola Vucevic
Miles Plumlee (uggh, hurts me to say that)
DeMarcus Cousins
Tiago Splitter
Tim Duncan (he is a center guis)
Jonas Valaciunas

Waiting in the wings:
Nerlens Noel
Joel Embiid

So I would put Kanter around the 28th best center in the NBA, a starter, but only for a few select teams. Hey, OKC could use his offense, I guess.

I'd rather move him to the bench as our scoring punch off the bench. I think he does well against bench guys and seem to remember him excelling at that last year... he won't like it in a contract year, but too damn bad.

I think the trade market looks different if he's packaged with Burke. Basically, it's an expiring + a good second-year player. You put one of our future picks in that deal and I think we could get something worthwhile.

Marc Gasol
Derrick Favors
Dwight Howard
Tyson Chandler
Joakhim Noah
Anderson Varejao
Chris Bosh (technically plays center)
Al Horford
Al Jefferson
Brooks Lopez
Robin Lopez
Omer Asik
Marcin Gortat
Greg Monroe (arguably a PF, but is kind of same PF/C hybrid)
Andre Drummond (Are we at 15 yet.... yup we are and this has just been the obvious ones off teh top of my head, let me dig deeper by actually looking at rosters.)

Andrew Bogut
Roy Hibbert
DeAndre Jordan
Spencer Hawes
Larry Sanders
Nikola Pecovic
Nikola Vucevic
Miles Plumlee (uggh, hurts me to say that)
DeMarcus Cousins
Tiago Splitter
Tim Duncan (he is a center guis)
Jonas Valaciunas

Waiting in the wings:
Nerlens Noel
Joel Embiid

So I would put Kanter around the 28th best center in the NBA, a starter, but only for a few select teams. Hey, OKC could use his offense, I guess.

Also, I would say early in Kanter's career it seemed like he had potential to be a top 10 offensive center, and be somebody who could get by on defense.

Now it looks like he would struggle to be a top 20 offensive center and someone who can't guard anything, not even the post anymore.

Hopefully it's just injuries and stuff.