What's new

Proposed 3-way w/TOR & PHI

Med_Phys

https://www.slcdunk.com/2012/6/12/3...method-of-building-a-contender-to-the-current

The Trade

Philadelphia 76ers receive: Paul Millsap, Linas Kleiza, Raja Bell, and Earl Watson.

Toronto Raptors receive: Andre Iguodala, Devin Harris, 2012 #15 pick, and UT 2014 1st round pick.

Utah Jazz receive: 2012 #8 pick, Raptors 2013 1st round pick, Jose Calderon, and Elton Brand.

Saw this wasn't posted here and thought it deserved some discussion.

I like it and it still leaves open the possibility of trading Jefferson (like for NOR's #10 and Ariza). The idea of really building the team starting next off-season appeals to me and I think many other posters here. I don't think the proposed team would be all that bad next year.

Now discuss.

Am I the only one who isn't big on Jose Calderon? Put jefferson in there for iggy and i would say yes.

Reactions: BYE
2 lottery picks... A pass first pg that is a good shooter, and 18.16M coming off the books for Paul Millsap Raja Bell and Earl watson? Idk how you couldn't like this.

I do like this pick. In order for me to love it, Jefferson has to be gone in a subsequent trade.

Toronto sure gets a lot for Calderon and Kleiza in this scenario. Lets say Calderon for Harris is basically a lateral move. Now, Toronto is getting Iguodala + #15 + a 2014 pick from the Jazz? For Kleiza?

This must have been proposed by a Toronto fan.

The Jazz need to get more here. They're giving up Millsap and Harris and taking back Brand (terrible contract) and Calderon, which is a step back. All they're really getting otherwise is #8, which could be Jeremy Lamb, but they're also giving up a future pick.

The Jazz are the whipping boy in this scenario.

Brand is a lot of money for 1 year.. Then he expires. Thats 18 million of the books which is valuable in itself. We also get toronto's pick next year which will be a lottery pick.

At 8 we could take Lillard.

The Jazz would be doing Philly a favor by taking Brand and facilitating the Iguodala trade, something they've been trying to do for 2 or 3 years now.

Jazz should get #15 this year and keep their 2014 pick.

I see it like this..

Millsap will leave if he doesn't get paid big. He is going to want a bigger contract than his current one and we just can't do that. We have to extend Favors, Hayward, Burks, and Kanter. Those guys wont be on rookie contracts forever. So we need more rookie contracts because they are small and you can get really good players. So we pick at 8 and good a good player. Then the next offseason Brand comes off the books, and Al comes off the books. We now have tons of cap room. Throw the max at someone and then fill around with a 3 6mil a year deals. Which could be some very valuable players. All the sudden I think we are scary good if it plays out right. Fill the rest with veteran min. Not to mention a lottery pick that year as well. Along with the GS pick, and our own.

I like this idea a lot. I wish it were true.

Last edited:
It's going to be comical around here when people realize the Jazz really are going to go into next season with almost the exact same roster, and very little chance of any change coming at the deadline.