What's new

Proposed Lineup Changes - What could it hurt???

Booner32

The Jazz are downright pitiful right now. Jerry should do something to shake things up. I think he should scrap the current starting lineup and go with this one:

1. Deron 2. Hayward 3. CJ 4. Al 5. Okur or Fes.

Hayward will struggle some nights, but I think he’s quick enough to guard the 2 position. You know he will bust his *** trying. CJ can’t guard a 2 to save his life. He needs to be a 3, plus we need a shooter in the lineup who at least has a chance to hit an open 3. Maybe Al will be better at his natural 4 position. Let's face it. He's not a good defender, but maybe he wouldn't get over-powered by some of the bigger 4s like Milsap does. At the 5 is the hardest pick for me. Okur doesn’t look totally back yet. If he’s healthy, he’d be able to spread the floor and would be at least serviceable defensively. Fes is a big body who can clog the lane and help defensively.

You bring Millsap and AK off the bench to provide energy, which is what they’re best at. Raja or Price come off the bench at the 2. Go with whichever one is hotter. They’re basically the same player. Watson stays in his same role. Fes or Okur come off the bench to relieve the 5 spot. Use Elson and Evans at certain points when matchups dictate it.

I think this could work. Hell, it’s worth a shot.