What's new

props to Jeremy Evans

dy47

Once again taking part in the annual Junior Jazz Road Trip even though he is Free Agent and might not even be back with the team next season

Good guy, but not really a fit for the team. Hope he latches on somewhere and gets a chance to be a rotation player. His athletic ability should help him land somewhere. Maybe not in the NBA, but there's lots of places to play basketball if you have talent.

If he wants to stay here as a 12th-15th guy, fine with me. If he has a better opportunity out there I hope he takes it. But in general he's nothing but a positive at the end of a bench.

This is why I would like to see Evans resigned. Great character guy that helps build a good quality locker room. End of bencher of course.

This is why I would like to see Evans resigned. Great character guy that helps build a good quality locker room. End of bencher of course.
Don't disagree with you guys at all. I just don't think that Quin sees him as a good fit, and they'll try to upgrade the end of the bench with guys who do.

If Jarron Collins could stay with the Jazz for so long without doing much, I don't see why Evans can't.

Don't disagree with you guys at all. I just don't think that Quin sees him as a good fit, and they'll try to upgrade the end of the bench with guys who do.

Upgrade? If you have a guy who can play (Evans can play) and is fine with not playing much and is a lockerroom and community + kind of guy, you have to think about keeping him rather than trying to swing for the fence with random scrubs who you think might have "potential".

Upgrade? If you have a guy who can play (Evans can play) and is fine with not playing much and is a lockerroom and community + kind of guy, you have to think about keeping him rather than trying to swing for the fence with random scrubs who you think might have "potential".
You mean like a defensive gnat like Millsap or a glue guy like Jingles?

Jazz are essentially at 13 players right now:
Gobert,
Favors, Booker, Jerrett
Hayward, Jingles
Burks, Hood, Millsap
Exum, Burke, Cotton
#12 pick

I could see them cut Jerrett and eat whatever he has guaranteed. I think Jingles and Millsap come back. And they'll pick up Booker's option unless they ABSOLUTELY have to include it in a big trade.

Missing from the lineup above is a 4th big. I don't think that will be Jeremy. Favors prefers to play PF and I think the Jazz accommodate him by picking up another center rather than have him play the minutes behind Gobert.

There's huge competition for the 14th and 15th spots (if they keep 15), including their second-rounder, Motum, Cooley, and any FA's they may pursue.

If he doesn't find a better role in another team, I'd be really happy to have him as end of the bench guy...

BTW, I REALLY like Evans. He's been the consummate team player and community citizen. He's been terrific! It's just that the Jazz are becoming SO deep, it's going to become harder and harder to make the team. Maybe Utah can sign him to a 1-yr deal.