What's new

Put Lauri Markkanen in the Dunk Contest 2022-2023

He's certainly shown early that he's our most dynamic scorer. I'd love to see him in the All-Star game too, but let's not overlook his dunking prowess. I'd never heard any buzz about him dunking before this year. He's been creative and powerful with his flushes. He's definitely Dunk Contest worthy!

He's certainly shown early that he's our most dynamic scorer. I'd love to see him in the All-Star game too, but let's not overlook his dunking prowess. I'd never heard any buzz about him dunking before this year. He's been creative and powerful with his flushes. He's definitely Dunk Contest worthy!
Too Anglo Saxon my friend, little chance of victory. Dunk contest is a little like competitive figure skating - all about the judges.

There's definitely a "street cred" element to the Dunk Contest... But, my word, he has thrown down a bunch of epic dunks already this year. Never remember seeing this in Chicago or Cleveland. He'd be a better dunker than most of the guys that have been there recently. Is Hardy just unlocking him somehow? Is he being used differently here?

There's definitely a "street cred" element to the Dunk Contest... But, my word, he has thrown down a bunch of epic dunks already this year. Never remember seeing this in Chicago or Cleveland. He'd be a better dunker than most of the guys that have been there recently. Is Hardy just unlocking him somehow? Is he being used differently here?

He changed training in the summer of 2021, and has gotten more lean, and got back his elevation and mobility he lost in his last two seasons with the Bulls. It is as simple as that.