What's new

Question for the church going crowd

sahlensguy

Should they remain open?

Mine is and I think they are making the wrong choice and it kind of pisses me off.

When the entire community and basically the world is sacrificing and shutting down to save the health care system and the lives of many, some churches remain open.

Seems like a self-centered act. When the community on the whole needs them, there they are...open and in defiance.

It seems rather irresponsible to stay open. Makes much more sense to have online services.

We just had our youngest’s baptism on Sunday actually. I told my wife a few days before I didn’t think we should have it...alas, my wife’s a moron.

We just had our youngest’s baptism on Sunday actually. I told my wife a few days before I didn’t think we should have it...alas, my wife’s a moron.

We had service Sunday with one family of four kids all receiving baptism. I did question weather it should have been done considering I disagreed about having the public Sunday service. No better time than now for a baptism, is what I told myself. They did skip the traditional cake afterwards though.

Yeah we just came home...and had like 25 people over.

I’m praying I make it through the next 10-11 days totally fine.

The Mormon church has been officially shut down for the foreseeable future.

Don't get your hopes up, it'll probably be back.

My father (an Episcopal priest) may start doing some services online, since he already has a chapel set up in his house.

I live in an area with a bunch of pop-up Pentecostal-style churches. As far as I’ve been able to tell, they are attended solely by the Latino community, and I think recent migrants constitute the majority. The churches are busy 3-4 nights a week. I haven’t been able to detect any decrease in their activity.

Should they remain open?

Mine is and I think they are making the wrong choice and it kind of pisses me off.

When the entire community and basically the world is sacrificing and shutting down to save the health care system and the lives of many, some churches remain open.

Seems like a self-centered act. When the community on the whole needs them, there they are...open and in defiance.
They should close, as should all gatherings of more than a handful of people. I'm glad that mine has (LDS/Mormon).

Korean gov told churches to have service via online and stuff.

Guess what happened? Some people still went to church and about 50 people were infected from one church. ****ing ridiculous. Don't go guys.

Sent from my SM-G977N using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm here in Italy on a mission for my church. We shut down three weeks ago and have been having virtual church using a program called Zoom. Works great.
Are you on a mission for the Moonies?

Just remember that even though your church is holding services doesn’t mean you have to go.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
True. But when the community needs social distancing, are churches that remain open merely self serving.

Biblically I suppose this is true.

Matthew 28: 19-20 go and make disciples of all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

It says nothing about waiting for a measly quarantine to end to save a health care system.

True. But when the community needs social distancing, are churches that remain open merely self serving.

Biblically I suppose this is true.

Matthew 28: 19-20 go and make disciples of all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

It says nothing about waiting for a measly quarantine to end to save a health care system.

There will always be those people who think attendance is mandatory.

There will always be those people who think attendance is mandatory.

Parishioners absolutely and is the issue at hand here when trying to limit the spread of the virus.

But leaders of the church could actually show... ya know some leadership, and do what's good for their neighbors and just close for a while. Instead they seem to be waiting for the Governor to shut them down.