What's new

Quick Fact on the #27 Pick

Doublea

Gobert has the highest Per of the #27 draft picks in the last 25 years.

ScreenShot2015-02-01at100120PM.png

The guy in 1995 was Mario Bennett who put up a 18.9 Per. I'm assuming Dennis Rodman was before 1989 and that's why he isn't shown.

Well... wikipedia says the 27th pick of the 1995 draft is mario bennett... who played a grand total of 68 games in the NBA ever. He can't have had such a high PER could he? Are you sure the info is all correct?

edit: he had a PER of 22.2 in 45 games one season, while scoring 3.9pts and 2.8rbs in 7.9 minutes. so that pushed his average PER up lol

I think most teams viewed him as a high potential player, but was 4-5 years away. Also previous bust centers with freak wingspans Alexis Ajinca and Bismack Biyombo really made GMs think twice about Gobert.

I think most teams viewed him as a high potential player, but was 4-5 years away. Also previous bust centers with freak wingspans Alexis Ajinca and Bismack Biyombo really made GMs think twice about Gobert.

I'm sure plenty of teams would have been more than willing to take Gobert in the second round when they could have negotiated more team-friendly contracts.

I'm sure plenty of teams would have been more than willing to take Gobert in the second round when they could have negotiated more team-friendly contracts.
Looks like two franchise players will come out of the draft and we got one of them. Yes, it would have been nice to have also nabbed Giannis. I'll bet the teams that picked 15-26 are kicking themselves for not taking Gobert, although a couple of decent players like Schroder and Dieng were pretty good picks in that range.

Looks like two franchise players will come out of the draft and we got one of them. Yes, it would have been nice to have also nabbed Giannis. I'll bet the teams that picked 15-26 are kicking themselves for not taking Gobert, although a couple of decent players like Schroder and Dieng were pretty good picks in that range.

The thing that sucks, is we probably could have finished our rebuild that year in the draft, had we kept our picks and got Giannis and Gobert. Heck, we could have even bought a pick and taken Schroeder. At least we got Gobert though. We did better than the other 27 picks who missed out on Gobert, Giannis and Schroeder.

The thing that sucks, is we probably could have finished our rebuild that year in the draft, had we kept our picks and got Giannis and Gobert. Heck, we could have even bought a pick and taken Schroeder. At least we got Gobert though. We did better than the other 27 picks who missed out on Gobert, Giannis and Schroeder.
Always hindsight. WE could have taken both as high risk players and neither could have developed. You just never know. I always think back to the Snyder/Humphries draft and how most of us AND the draft experts thought we had an A or even A+ draft.

I initially wanted Adams and Schroder. Then most mocks had them both going before our respective picks. I changed my second pick to Gobert pretty early and was then torn between wanting Giannis or Schroder.