What's new

Quin resignation press conference

Was it just me or is Rudy the only player he named by name. . .says a lot about the "philosophical differences" conspiracy stuff if Rudy gets traded.

Didn't get to see the entire press conference, but was Zanik mentioned at all? I heard Quin mention a couple of times that he's had conversations with Danny and Ryan but I don't remember him mentioning Zanik.

Where is Zanik?
JZ had to take his lumps end of season when Ainge, Ryan and everyone else was hiding. JZ was a lame duck the second Ainge was hired... he's a dead man walking.

JZ won't be back next year unless he just has zero offers from other teams. If there is some **** they can blame on him or a presser they don't want to do they will march him out there.

Didn't get to see the entire press conference, but was Zanik mentioned at all? I heard Quin mention a couple of times that he's had conversations with Danny and Ryan but I don't remember him mentioning Zanik.
No but Jay Z was (Ryan shout out to JZ last 5 mins).

One takeaway from today's press conference is that the Jazz are Ainge's team now. I think he's going to clear out the last vestiges of the flawed system that Dennis Lindsey built. It sounds like the decision on the new coach is Ainge's to make. You can tell that Ryan Smith is going to defer to Danny on important decisions.

One takeaway from today's press conference is that the Jazz are Ainge's team now. I think he's going to clear out the last vestiges of the flawed system that Dennis Lindsey built. It sounds like the decision on the new coach is Ainge's to make. You can tell that Ryan Smith is going to defer to Danny on important decisions.
Good post. And I think this is a great direction for our franchise. Ainge is a good GM. He gets a little aggressive at times, but he made Boston consistently relevant and built for success.

As I watched the presser, I noticed something both Ainge and Ryan said they are going to take their time in order to get the hiring decision right.

So, if they take time, then that means that they will have to make personnel decisions without the benefit of conferring with the new coach. Maybe they weren't going to get their input anyway

Does someone that knows more than me let us know the last time a coach has quit (mid-contract)?

Does someone that knows more than me let us know the last time a coach has quit (mid-contract)?
Not a coach... but this kind of smells like the Morey situation in Houston.