What's new

Quin Snyder is the new coach

@WojYahooNBA: Utah is finalizing an agreement to make Atlanta assistant Quin Snyder its head coach, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Messina is gonna get poached. ****! This is Horny all over again!

FWIW I like what I've heard from Snyder. But quite frankly I'd much rather have Ettore as a head-coach. Oh well. This is a lot better than Boylen I suppose.

Who is Quinn Snyder?
I'll bet the discussion with Brad Jones was about working as an assistant under Snyder. Will be interesting to see who Quin hires. I hope he reaches out to Earl Watson.

Messina as an assistant? That's cool but why not the other way around?

Well if this is true then I am excited about Snyder even more. Maybe the Jazz went with youth over experience because they want the next coach to grow with the team.

FWIW I like what I've heard from Snyer. But quite frankly I'd much rather have Ettore as a head-coach. Oh well. This is a lot better than Boylen I suppose.

Exactly how Greg, Dennis and Randy want us to react.
animals-lobster-lobster_tank-seafood_restaurant-foods-sea_food-pknn1303l.jpg

From what I recall, Quinn Snyder was Ettore's assistant at CSKA. So they have a connection in that aspect, and it makes sense that Snyder would want to pull him over form Europe. Shows that he's smart, and knows his meat & potatoes. I like that.

Snyder also has a JD, and an MBA. History with the Spurs, impressive D-League record, etc. Much better hire than the other coaching hires we've seen this season IMO.

I really REALLY hope we bring along Messina now though. Ugh.

Someone give me the deets on Snyder plz.

Will rep.

Quin Synder lead Missouri to four straight NCAA Tournament's and made the Elite 8 as well the farthest a Missouri team has ever gone. Won Rookie Coach of the Year by Basketball Times his first year at Missouri.

Was also the head coach for the NBADL Austin Torros. With them he made the D-Leage finals once, the semi-finals twice, won Coach of the Year as well. Has the most wins for a D-League coach ever in a 3-year span.

Was an assistant for Duke, the Clippers, 76ers, Lakers, Hawks, and CSKA Moscow.

*Also played for Coach K at Duke.

I think it's great to take a shot with Snyder.

And I would love Messing to be a coach for the Jazz, but only as the top dog. He seems to want to make his mark as a HC in the league. That wouldn't create an ideal situation for Snyder or any other rookie HC.