What's new

Quin Snyder still a padawan

JGolds

Last night we saw a great example of how not to coach. Insanity is caused be doing the same thing expecting a different result. Quin kept his rotations the same while all of us sat at home on our couches watching Rubio get torched again and again. We watched Ingles have on off night for way too long. We watching a guy who is meant to bring tough D and energy try to do to much on offense (Royce). It was a sad frustrating game that would have been better with some coaching and rotation match-up changes at half time.

Sith lord Mike Budenholzer used Force grip and caused Quin to choke!!
baa2fa6050ed44c9a8c06ccecc54e256.jpg

Here we see quin struggling for air... The End
Snyder%2011%2019.JPG

Uhh, his rotations were definitely different from teh 1st half to the 2nd half.

Cy, thanks for coming in and saying your usual. Are you that guy on the street with a sign and table that reads “will argue with anything for free” just for chits and giggles. I think you are “my friend”...

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last night was a culmination of bad things:

-Schroeder's career night
-Bad DM shooting
-Bad Ingles shooting
-Bad overall shooting
-Favors out

with all those bad things we lose a close game. Take one of them away we win. Quin did fine, players just had an off night. **** happens.

Cy, thanks for coming in and saying your usual. Are you that guy on the street with a sign and table that reads “will argue with anything for free” just for chits and giggles. I think you are “my friend”...

Ya we wouldn't want facts to get in the way of a good narrative.

Exactly... but please show me facts. Take my satire very, very serious.

The rotations were not the same. For one, Gobert got in foul trouble and had to be taken out early. So rotations couldn't have been the same. But no, i won't bother going through game logs trying to prove something obvious.

The rotations were not the same. For one, Gobert got in foul trouble and had to be taken out early. So rotations couldn't have been the same. But no, i won't bother going through game logs trying to prove something obvious.
Also, Jerebko started. Udoh came off the bench. This is Exum's 3rd or 4th game back. Rotations are different by necessity.

If you want to complain about Quin not respecting Schroeder enough, sure. But I dont think the loss was a substitution pattern problem..

Also, Jerebko started. Udoh came off the bench. This is Exum's 3rd or 4th game back. Rotations are different by necessity.

If you want to complain about Quin not respecting Schroeder enough, sure. But I dont think the loss was a substitution pattern problem..

Schroeder had free run of the court... you said it not me... he was and is literally the only hawk you need to slow down... and he was my only reason for being prompted to start this thread.

Ricky was not the defensive answer for him. It was obvious after 12 mins... yet Ricky aside from a few positions in the 4th has the Schroeder assignment...

Quin needed to make it harder on him. You stop him from getting wherever he wanted 5 more times and you have a different result.

Schroeder had free run of the court... you said it not me... he was and is literally the only hawk you need to slow down... and he was my only reason for being prompted to start this thread.

Ricky was not the defensive answer for him. It was obvious after 12 mins... yet Ricky aside from a few positions in the 4th has the Schroeder assignment...

Quin needed to make it harder on him. You stop him from getting wherever he wanted 5 more times and you have a different result.

They stopped everyone else. The Jazz had a defensive rating of 98. They played good defense and overall their defensive game-plan worked. They got murdered in the 4th, but the 4th quarter was actually the least amount of possessions Rubio guarded Schroeder.

So you are asking Quin to make a defensive gameplan better than holding the Hawks to a lower offensive rating than the lowest rated offensive team averages.

Chill out dude we have been on an insane run. We are a good team but not a great team and we were bound to lose a game. It was just a game where everything went wrong for us. One of our best players was out. Neto, who seems to be very essential to the second unit tbh, has been out (Neto>Exum right now). An insane career nigh from an opposing player. Mitchell, Ingles, and Gobert having a bad game, missing open shots that they usually hit. If we can play the last five minutes of that game again we would win. Ingles missed a lot of open 3s and he is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league--he doesn't miss all those open looks again. Mitchell didn't finish around the rim like he usually does. A 3 point play rolled off the rim. Just nothing went right. But let's not freak out. It happens to every team. It's the NBA.

So who are you going to put on Schroeder? It wasn't like the rest of the team tore it up, and Ricky was keeping us in the game offensively.

They stopped everyone else. The Jazz had a defensive rating of 98. They played good defense and overall their defensive game-plan worked. They got murdered in the 4th, but the 4th quarter was actually the least amount of possessions Rubio guarded Schroeder.

So you are asking Quin to make a defensive gameplan better than holding the Hawks to a lower offensive rating than the lowest rated offensive team averages.

Utah plays a very slow pace so by nature it slows the other team down as well. But I hear what your saying.