What's new

Quote Notification

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?20725-VERMIN!!!!!!!!-open-this&p=688116#post688116

Your inbox is full.
I asked you a question in the 2015 draftees thread... post#312.

All you haters that want to talk clutter can bite me. Just PLEASE don't rate this thread a one star. That **** stings.

This is another example of why we need Quote Notifications IMO... you quote someone to ask him/her a question, they don't see/notice it, you send them a PM to answer it, then their inbox is FULL.

So PKM had to start a thread titled "VERMINNNN READ THISSSSSS" just to get his attention.

The man can't catch a break, and I feel for him.

It can be frustratingly frustrating.

========================

Jason - how is this progressing?

translation: stfu, kkk.

I agree, Jason.

@kkk - doesn't this place suck? Mods don't care bout us bro.

I agree, Jason.

Well he's working on it... let's just wait and see.

BTW - PKM, you could probably just snap a finger and make this happen? Wouldn't that be a great contribution to the board? A great legacy, solidifying your reputation as one of the greatest benefactor to have ever graced JazzFanz.

Think about it.

Well he's working on it... let's just wait and see.

BTW - PKM, you could probably just snap a finger and make this happen? Wouldn't that be a great contribution to the board? A great legacy, solidifying your reputation as one of the greatest benefactor to have ever graced JazzFanz.

Think about it.

Jason's the man.

Go Jase!

I've added a BETA test of this but it's not 100% yet. Under SETTINGS (top of page) > General Settings > Quote Notifications you can enable it.

1. The email option doesn't work yet. Don't use it.
2. The PM option works fine as long as the person you're quoting doesn't have a full inbox.

Feel free to test it out. The other option I'm thinking about is an area in your PM sections that will show you recent quotes instead. It won't notify you but you'll see them there.

I am going to start a church on thy name!

Is it possible to simply light the notification box when quoted and when you click it, you directly go to the reply? Just like when you click the notification box and see there is a rep, you click on it to see who did it?

I've added a BETA test of this but it's not 100% yet. Under SETTINGS (top of page) > General Settings > Quote Notifications you can enable it.

2. The PM option works fine as long as the person you're quoting doesn't have a full inbox.

Feel free to test it out. The other option I'm thinking about is an area in your PM sections that will show you recent quotes instead. It won't notify you but you'll see them there.

Thanks, Jason!

^Thanks bro.

So it worked in notifying me, but there's a sentence that says "Click here to see your original post" (or something along those lines) and that link (I assume) isn't working.
But, hey, we got quote notifications.. Jbro 4 man o' da year.

I would love this. I don't have a lot of time to sift through the site....

JazzGrumpzz hasn't heard of any of these. He milks his own cow, probably a buffalo, and bread without the use of yeast. . . . just pounds bark off a tree into a powder and wets it enough to make a paste, then licks the grindstone clean.

I know 'cuz I taught him all I know, when he was a pup. Fire hadn't been invented yet.

And while we're getting all modern, just so you know. . . . . pics are no longer good enough for 'net sales. Everybody is going to video.

We need not only notification of quotes or replies to our posts, but a count on how many have read them, how long they lingered on the drivel, and a display of who read them and how many times. . . . you know OneBrow probably comes back to read the same thing at least ten times. . . . and spycam video of them while they read them, so we don't miss any clues about what their attitude is, just like in real life where theoretically you can talk to people face to face. A real virtual internet living room. . ..

Of course, the list of visitors to our ramblings should include the NSA and all the other government agencies, domestic or foreign. . . .. and the corporates looking for information as well. . . . and the names or IP addresses supposedly regular types of visitors, as well. . .

dream on. . . . how's that song go. . . .

We've almost reach tjhe Dick Tracey Prophecy about video phones, haven't we.

I agree, Jason.

I am going to start a church on thy name!

Is it possible to simply light the notification box when quoted and when you click it, you directly go to the reply? Just like when you click the notification box and see there is a rep, you click on it to see who did it?

Ask and you shall receive.

Hallelujah Praise the Lord!

Thanks Jason! Great work!!

Thanks kkk it works now. I think Jason has limited it to this thread.

Nope, I just got a notification from someone from the Jazz Forum.

^Thanks bro.

So it worked in notifying me, but there's a sentence that says "Click here to see your original post" (or something along those lines) and that link (I assume) isn't working.
But, hey, we got quote notifications.. Jbro 4 man o' da year.

The link is now working as well.

Wow!! This is gonna be Soooooooo Handy!!!!