What's new

Quotes after the Mavs' game-"I missed the game but the box score is disgusting. I don’t even wanna see the highlights."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Post-Game

Ok Jazz put Saran Wrap on our rim or something

Why did this have to be my first NBA game, **** this

Kessler ended up successfully guarding Luka on the perimeter on a few positions. I can't remember when I've last seen a 7 footer play such a good on-ball defense on a guard.

What the Hell did i just watch?

The day Powell leaves this team we gotta count that **** as another ring. Hang the date he leaves on the rafters.

Only lost by 37! Glad to have him back.

Grant Williams and Hardaway should be on the bench today, tomorrow and more until they decide to play hard. It all starts with defense, energy and effort. Feel better now

The squad’s attitude towards games lately is very appalling

the Utah Jazz beat us by 37....we had our mostly full squad

unacceptable

Unserious team

Ooof. These guys quit out there.

aint no way our guys just yucking it up with everyone after the puke they just put on in front of millions

"oh Kyrie is coming back"...."we got our full squad back", "were going to win by 50" ummm have you watched this team play..?

can we please go out and do something at the trade deadline PLEASE

Someone’s mvp lost by 40 to a 12 seed

But i thought Luka was the best player in nba history? You're telling me he can't lead his team to a victory against a 14-19 jazz???

Played worse with a healthy team? I don't get that.

im embarassed to be a fan of this team

Trade them all for kessler and lauri

6 minutes left and you bench all your starters that’s lame! seriously this team can’t have these kind of nights if we are gonna call ourselves a contender. Smh

Mavs are almost at full strength, still gets whooped by the Jazz. 90 with LuKai is unacceptable. Find easier ways to score, not just chuck 3s

11 points in the 4th quarter lmao

I hope you can say you had great party last night

Tell Luka to dial it back on the 3s. 3/13 hurts

This team is going nowhere

As a Kyrie and Luka fan, this just won't work. Both need the ball more. Both need to be the center of the offense. We no longer have the excuse that they still need adjustments now. Harden and the Clippers only needed a few games to click. This just ain't it. Just trade Kyrie.

That was deadass embarrassing

Blow it up

Clang, clang, clang all night. Let’s hope it was just one of those kind of nights.

Fire Kidd Trade ThJ , Grant and Green for Siakam .

Sometimes this team is just absolute dog water

Kyrie Derping was the worst trade the Mavs ever made

Going absolutely nowhere with Jason Kiddiot

Man this was pathetic. No heart or desire to win out there tonight.

Mavs are almost at full strength, still gets whooped by the Jazz. 90 with LuKai is unacceptable. Find easier ways to score, not just chuck 3s

Even with everyone back they still manage to lose.

This is straight up because you posted that Grant Williams all star nonsense.

gettin cooked like this to start the new year is funny ashit y’all trash

Imagine being a mavs fan

What’s the point of paying Kyrie 40 million if Luka is still going to dominate the ball even when he’s on one leg? Like wtf is Jason Kidd saying to these guys? I’ve never seen Kyrie neutered so much in an offense.

Wow

WHAAAAAT HAAAAAPPENDUHHHHHH

When are y'all going to realize JKidd brings nothing to this team? Doesn't challenge plays, doesn't lead his team, doesn't get involved, dude just sits there looking into the nothingness with his hand up his ***. Dude is a joke

The Mavs are still *** I see

Luka and these horrible 3's 3 seconds into the shot clock are bad shots whether they go in or not it's a bad shot. And what happened to Grant Williams he's been mostly non existence.

The Jazz making their 3s and was awful inside, when Powell came in, it was an expresslane in the paint

Kidd has two of the best players in the NBA and has no idea how to utilize them.

Hard to win when Luka is playing terrible and Kyrie is not getting a touch with the ball

Boxout REB!!!! Boxout REB!!!! Boxout REB!!!!

Boxout REB!!!! Boxout REB!!!! Boxout REB!!!!

Kyrie and Luca played and they get blown out by 37? This team is weak and has no soul.

luka is a great individual player but stiffles all his teammates..have al look at brunson with the knicks..and when luka and kyrie play together players like josh green do not touch the ball////

The problem is Kidd doesn’t know how to utilize the players around Luka, especially Kyrie who is a clear 2nd option of the team, Kidd is holding him back by making him a catch and shoot type of player who just waits for the pass which is clearly not his forte, Kyrie is at its best when he’s running the offense and letting him play iso.

*Jazz has two 7-footers

*Jkidd plays that stupid lineup with literally Grant or Luka playing Center? Like WTF? That's playing 5 guards! Are you seriously trying to win the game? Nico, get Siakam from the raptors, trade anyone not named Luka, Kyrie and Lively

Needed Size.. Kessler look like Alonzo Mourning .. Trade deadline is pivotal now..

They are not messing around. They are a ****** team, no matter how much you guys hype up the likes of Hardy,Lively, DJJ, Green etc. This team has 5, maybe 6 NBA players on its roster at the moment.
It takes a perfect game to beat any of the contenders, and they cannot afford to be below average against bad teams, or its a loss.
They are a playoff team. Somewhere between 6 and 11 when its all sad and done. No matter how much hype you put in, they are long way away from contending. One perfect game every 10 games wont change that.

Kessler/Collins/Lauri/Olynyk + Fontecchio (long SF) just cause too many problems that we don't have an answer for. Same as when it's Jokic/Gordon/MPJ on Denver or Gobert/KAT/McDaniels/Reid on Minnesota and those are probably the 2 teams we will have to go through

Jazz didn't have Lauri, Clarkson, Olynyk in that game...they made a big difference tonight

We're now the 7th seed and dangerously close to being a play in team. We do not have the luxury of messing around with teams like this.

I missed the game but the box score is disgusting. I don’t even wanna see the highlights.

Really, the Jazz outplayed the Mavericks that badly?

I had so much pregame optimism. We got absolutely cooked. Was excited to see Luka Kyrie and Exum start together. One gets injured, one was hobbling from minute 1 and the other has only just come back.

Have to credit the Jazz too. They looks so different in contrast to the masterpiece in ******* performance last time round.

Guess it was our turn for the masterpiece in *******

Defense was awful anyways, Luka couldnt move because he was hurt, but everyone else was also *******. Lively got owned by Kessler and Collins on the paint and Grant was constantly getting blown by.

I’m sure Luka will turn it around but he was chucking for no reason tonight.. maybe just too tired/hurt or hungover to drive

It's absolutely a problem in the long run. We have some **** players like THJ and Dwigjt but so often I see luka taking 18 shots at the half and the next players take like 6 shots. That's on coaching and we can't keep on relying on Luka every night. There is just no system besides iso and pick and rolls. Luka is carrying like Kobe after Shaq and before Pau. This can't be good for our team

Been thinking about Kyrie for a while and he hasn’t at all been playing at an All-Star level since being paid. I have serious concerns about his commitment to winning a championship with us because so far it looks like he was just playing for the bag all along.

What the hell happened. I miss one game and we get ****ed

Wolves, Nuggets, OKC, Clippers, Kings are locks for the playoffs. This leaves 3 spots for us, LA, GSW, Suns, Pels & Houston (a huge maybe but also the Grizzlies), & looking to our schedule & the fact that we only got 5/6 nba caliber players on our roster, things aren't looking good

Luka on defense a lot of the time is unbearable. The nonexistent effort and focus is comical.

THJ played today like he was told he will be getting traded.

I’ve been over the Josh Green project. He can go take his braindead basketball IQ and inconsistencies to some other team.

This Kyrie stuff where he barely shoots is getting on my nerves. The guy plays the right way on both ends. He needs to assert himself with the shots and Luka needs to do a much better job of getting him looks.

This team is extremely unbalanced. The lack of length physicality and rebounding is appalling. Shocking stuff the issues for the last decade are still here!

folks on here are absolutely crazy if they want us to wait on guys like Green OMax Hardy etc to develop before making moves. We need to 2+ trades ASAP. I don’t want to think of what happens to this organization if we miss the playoffs again.

Mavs underestimated this Jazz team. Plus off night for everybody except Hardy. Need to win seven games now.

This was a terrible loss

This team sucks *** so bad. People keep ignoring the fact even with everyone healthy, unless Luka drops 40+ we ain't winning any games. Seriously go look back at our games we've won this season and look at how many points and minutes Luka has and look closely at the teams we've played against and who was playing. We're paper tigers.

I didn’t have fun watching this one. Nothing positive to take from it

I paused the game a couple of minutes into the fourth to go walk the dog. I happened to accidentally see the final score before I got back and legitimately thought it had to be an error. What the **** happened?!

The weird thing is Utah also shot like crap. Also their starters outside of Fontecchio weren't really the guys who cooked us. Olynyk, Kessler, George and Clarkson murdered us.

I have never seen such bad defense in my life. They couldn’t find their guy and if they did they got blown the **** by like they were in quicksand.

That was some of the worst basketball I've seen this year and I've watched multiple pistons games.

Ngl the person that looked at our team and thought we need Kyrie Irving instead of a ****ing center or really any big deserves things that would get me banned on here.

Like I am watching a bunch of preschoolers defend the paint against an NCAA team.

Quotes from around the league

Holy ****, the Jazz blew out the Mavs that badly?

87 point swing from the last time they played. IDK if that's a record.

Jc stole Luka's powers and gave Luka his inefficient offense in return.

I'm in Brazil and don't have money, but i really want to be in this arena someday. I felt the vibe from here, it was special

WHATS UP WITH THE SCORE??!!?

Was more like simone fontecchio is luka doncic father

Sometimes you have to appreciate the simplicity of the game score and nothing else. It says everything you need to know.

**** that, where's "the utah jazz send the dallas mavericks to the shadow realm"?

The Utah Jazz reenact Sherman's March to the Sea using the Dallas Mavericks as a stand-in for Georgia

I had "The Utah Jazz dismantle the Mavericks in Humiliating fashion behind Clarkson's triple double" locked and loaded but I always try to give the winning team the Game Thread posts

Luka with 19 points on 20 shots, wth happened lol

Simone Fontecchio is Dallas Maverick father

Luka having his worst game of the season immediately after Mavs fans started saying he's easily the MVP is somewhat amusing.

Exum hurt in Utah again. Keep him out of that place.

Its like he's playing on a Native American burial ground

Don't let the Triple Double distract you from the fact the Mavs got BLOWN THE **** OUT

Rip my Luka MVP bid

Can't believe more people aren't wanting to trade for fontechio

No Luka thread today after that masterclass of *******

11 points in the 4th

wait wtf happened here?

West is crazy now. I only think there are only 2 truly bad teams. Spurs and blazers. Grizzlies are bad without ja though but with ja back they can upset anybody.