What's new

Quotes before and during the Mavs' game-"Who is this Pinocchio guy and why is he cooking"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Dallas have to show em some little Mercy

BREAKING: LUKA AND KAI ARE BACK TN

Kyrie Irving returns tonight…

Mavs are only missing Maxi tonight and he is finally doing some court work.

I guess the hope is that they can just seamlessly work them back into the line up and win the next 3 games and then be ready for the meat of the schedule coming up. Lets hope everyone stays available and Luka will only have to play 36 to 38 and night for the Mavs to win.

Assuming that Kidd will go with his new starting lineup of Jones Jr, Exum, Livlely, KI and Luka it well really be great to see how they function, but also with either Luka or KI being on the court all 48 minutes it well be great to see if Green can play like he did last game, under control, THJ leading the scoring off the bench and Wlliams geting to play with players that aren't top of the line players and then sorting out the other minues on a nightly as need moves.

We can't take the jazz for granted. They won 7 of 10. We need same energy when we played gsw.

This is where I am at.

35 games in and we are only just about to see what this team is made of.

Mavs win by 5.

by 50 again

irving no minutes restrictions..

Jazz have guys who sound like make believe.
Yurtseven?

Im so excited to see our real starting line up for the first time tonight.

Hopefully Luka/Kyrie/DJJ/Exum/Lively is as good as imagined.

UTA has won 4 of the last 5, mostly against weak competition, but they just beat the Heat, and they are a strong home team, need full focus here.

Utah has nobody to guard Luka ,nobody to guard Kyrie and when it comes to somebody guarding a 3rd ball handler ,their probably gonna have trouble ....

Used to pray for times like this

Go Mavs Go Longhorns. Hook'em!

First game of the year and all our guys are healthy. It’s a sign. LETS ****ING GOOOO

We may never lose again

Exum going off for 30 in his return to Utah?

What other team starts 4 lottery picks? We should be favorites to win the championship.

1st Half

WTF ??? Fontecchio???

Exum has been great, but with Irving back he really shouldn't be starting. Utah has size, u can't just give up size like this.

Getting bummed hard. Might aswell drop to ya knees and just let the jazz have a bukake session on you for the rest of the game.

rough start...i guess to be expected after such a long time. Luka seems bothered by his injury and I hope it will get better once he is warmed up

Simone Fontecchio dominating the first quarter. Heck, Simone Biles could go for 30 against the Mavs.

Bro who is this guy cooking us

BRO WHO TF IS THIS GUY

Bro i bet even the jazz fans doesnt know who this guy is

Who is this Pinocchio guy and why is he cooking

Good God they have all quit. Spurts like this really scream to me that we need a culture guy. I think Powell tries to do it but he isn’t good at it. I think they brought in Grant Williams to do that, but he hasn’t done that at all.

Ok this is getting ridiculous I’ve never even heard of this bum

man can this fountain dude miss

Gotta be the Italian Dirk apparently

Jazz should build around Fontecchio and trade us Markkanen for Maxi and Holmes.

We gettin cooked by a Sopranos character

I would love that Markkanen on our team. Looks like a young Dirk out there.

If the game plan is to leave fontaccio open. Guess what , he is now on fire. Someone guard him and close to his damn body

Good teams don?t let bad teams go on 11-0 runs

Honestly hard to predict this random scrub Fontecchio going off for 14 points on 5/6 shooting. He's (hopefully) bound to cool off. Mavs just have to weather the storm

Just hot garbage juice on D once again. Closing out and putting a hand up is hard for them.

Oh **** here comes Powell, everyone say a prayer real quick

Why do we always have nobodies going off from The 3 line every game?

Who is this Fetuccine mf

The Utah Fontecchios.

I like how Luka gets mad the 3 or 4 times a game when someone doesn't pass him the ball.

Powell practices rebounds with microwaved potatoes

Who tf does this fontecchio guy think he is lmao.

Dwight Powell feels contact and turns into a ragdoll it’s the funniest thing

Maybe it’s because I’ve never really followed his career, but every time I see Kelly Olynyk I’m amazed that he’s been in the league so long.

Mavs playing better basketball without Dwight Powell. For the love of game, please don't put Powell back.

Bro, this 9 pt deficit better be part of the game plan

How do you have Kyrie, Exum, and Doncic and not have at least two in the game at any time?

Luka out there with a fifth starter, 6th man, 8th man, 10th man.

What the **** is going on.

Powell ****ing watching that lob to Kessler in slow motion

The Mavs have to be the worst team in the league at shooting wide-open threes. I refuse to believe anyone else can be worse at it than us.

I just don't understand the Mavs defense scheme or principles. Nor do I understand their offense.

I am sure there is a plan for both. Its just not very good or the players can't execute it.

Clarkson cooking the Mavs. A tale as old as time

I sometimes feel Grant is deliberately sabotaging us. I know he isn't, but it's insane how bad he's been

Pray Slovenia dosent qualify for the Olympics this summer because that quad injury is never gonna go away lol

why is hardy playing hero ball with kyrie on the court man

bench lively, so 7 foot kessler can free dunk us every posession. Very smart

Get Powell out. It's comical at this point how much teams always go on runs whenever he's on the court.

Powell/THJ/Kyrie lineups are pure comedy on defense and rebounding.

Ngl I almost **** a brick when Kyrie tripped there

Fonteccio gonna cook us tonight lol

Kidd going small against Kessler.

Soon we will celebrate 10 years of Dwight Powell on the Mavs. 10 years.

Luka just launching 3s. Did he even penetrate the paint even once yet?

Did Holmes poop in Kidds car or what

absolutely no plan, no movement. Exum doesn't seem to know what to do any more with Kyrie back and refers to much. Luka not sharp and seemingly irritated. Maybe from the pain?!

Utah has some good players

Powell is so useless. Powell blind? just awful on both offense and defense...

Dante Exum injuring himself in Utah, go figure. Hope he's back soon.

Dante Exum (right heel contusion) will not return to tonight's game in Utah.

We just got Kyrie back!!! And Exum gets the same injury?!!

bruh kyrie comes back from a heel contusion and now Dante gets it

I mean I like Luka hitting threes, but the offense is so stagnant. It even took a crazy crossover-stepback and those wont fall all game.

They will be fine. 2nd half cannot be worse

We are flat footed on defense and chugging 3s by luka.

Need to change the team name to Dallas Contusions.

I have heard contusion so much, it has lost all meaning.

-7 is very doable considering how bad we play. Exum is such a bummer. Why can't we have nice things like a few games fully healthy?

lively staying with a small player while Fontecchio sneaks behind his back

Can we trade for finocchio

That kind of spiraled the run and the Jazz rebuilt the lead. I was begging for Kidd to just bench Luka and bring in Kyrie but he did it too late. Powell was pretty good in that 3rd there.

We'll lose this game, I go watch Texas football.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jazz catch up with the Mavs in the standings. It's a completely different team with Markanen playing.

Really rough 1st. But Luka had some rest. Maybe he has a big 2nd.

Pretty sick of those Luka threes at this point.

I am so sick of that step back three tonight, Luka.

He's attempted 12 shots...10 threes.

Luka has been pretty bad tonight. 3-12 from three. Most with no dribble penetration from the team.

Jazz just too much talent when they have their players healthy. Clarkson, Collins and Lauri + Olynyk/Sexton and now they're getting a big game from Fontecchio. We just don't have the firepower to hang when Luka has a bad game like this

Dwight Powell is a walking disgrace, unbelievable he was resigned not 1 but 2 times

Outside of the 3pt shot what do we think Lukas favorite shot is:
Fireball
Jager
Pickleback

Jazz are just better tonight. Mavs have been a step slow all night and our stars have not been stars. Games like this make me feel this team doesn’t have a 8 game winning streak in them. They will be pretty much where they are, I think.

Teams with size like this always own the Mavs...just a terrible matchup. Teams that can play with a traditional center and skilled PF/SF can have their way

Incredible they still play like this, when the standings between 4th and 7th are within 0.5 games.

How many awful losses will it take before the Mavs realize they can't just mess around. NO discipline.

Not a great first half but Utah is bad, we can win.
Exum is better like secondary ballhandler and not in a 3 guard lineup.
Luka is washed.

Fontecchio is playing very good. Happy for him.

2nd Half

How y'all down 10 to the Jazz I swear this team just likes playing from behind

4 minutes of Dwight Powell cardio resulted to a quick -7 efficiency

Someone should tell Luka to stop shooting contested 3 when Irving is wide open.

We need a trade but probably no teams would want the guys we don’t want

Just trade kyrie... he's toxic. You better find a player who can support Luka. The fact is mavs play so much better without kyrie.

I say let’s keep attacking Kessler and getting blocked.

Green getting hilariously blocked by Kessler. That was.....pathetic.

Jazz They don't have good players, they make a lot of mistakes.

We don’t know how to play without trying 3? We need some points

Kyrie’s effect: We losing against one of the worst teams in the league

Might be time to just wholesale the team if you can't beat the Jazz with these guys might as well try again next year

more minutes of watching Powell play like he's a 6'1 guard in the paint lol

We really let Jordan Clarkson dominate us on the boards lmaoooooo

This is some of the worst body language I’ve seen from our team in a long time

10 stepback threes in a half is crazy

When Luka, who refuses to move on defense today, isn‘t even the worst or second worst defender then you are watching Mavs basketball

y’all can keep believing it’s just a matter of missing open 3s but the reality is utah has only 1 more made 3 on five more shots. we will never win anything while relying way too much on 3s

Gettin abused by the team we beat by 50 lol

I knew we were towards the bottom of the association in rebounding, but letting Jordan Clarkson get a put back jam off a miss is a new level of bad.

The best coach of the year goes to Jkidd! Playing Williams-Jones against Olynyk-Markkanen-Kessler.

We do look terrible. But the Jazz are playing with passion and getting everything to fall it seems. Gotta give them a lot of credit.

Mavs just playing stupidball right now.

Brrrr. It's cold in here. Hardaway shooting the 3 in the atmostphere.

Just pull the starters, this **** is *** tonight.

Weird night to come out flat after we came in (almost) fully healthy

i mean Jazz are playing out of their minds and we look like *******

im tapping out, i refuse to end my new year’s day in misery. i’d rather get plastered

This is what leadership doesn't look like.

im so tired of them being wide the **** open

i mean when Kris Dunn hits a 3 you know its not your night

small ball is dead

dont believe me watch this game and the cavs game. we have to get bigger and tougher

softest team in the league rn

I’m just here wondering why Kyrie can’t get COLLIN ****ING SEXTON’s whistle

I’m going to bed. **** this

Healthy Jazz is no joke but we just randomly playing with zero effort lol

Oh yep missing open dunks now

OMG, halftime already?! Can't wait to see Luka and the boys slay in the second half!

Rough first half. Luka needs to post up i haven't seen it once this game. Untypical. I want to see him back the defender down and get inside where he's practically unstoppable instead of all these missed 3's. It's not his night from 3 so far

At this point a Mavs timeout is just an automatic turnover and two points for the Jazz

Why is Luka still playing while we're getting blown out? Isn't he suppsed to be injured? Can't tell if Kidd is stupid or too much of a coward to get in the way of him trying to pad his stats.

hopefully this is a wake up call like hey we cant just stroll into bad teams and let them kick our *** like this.

Kidd needs to kill these guys

No Jazz players has gotten a triple double since 2008, and now Jordan Clarkson is 2 rebounds away. Great job Mavs!

Can’t believe that Dante Exum is a better fit than Kyrie. At this juncture

Mavs players bet on Utah tonight, that’s the only plausible reason for what’s happening.

Kyrie, Father Time is calling sadly…

Maybe we can get a moral victory and deny the state of Utah free chicken.

What a clown show

Why is Kyrie deferring to bunch of nobodies

Well, the good news is nobody died

I didn't see the first half, who on the Mavs was covering Simone Fontecchio? Was it Luka?

How many alley oops has Lively blown tonight?

As bad as we are playing, it's still a winnable game if they get their **** together asap and not wait for the 4th quarter to wake up.

hardy driving is hilarious because i’ve never seen him make a lay up

Why is Kidd sitting down like he has tickets to watch the game while Will Hardy is actually up being involved in the game

That bank was ridiculous. That was a mobile deposit.

If we could not let walker Kessler have whatever he wants, that'd be great

This double center lineup the jazz run is ****ing ********

Playing without a big against a team like Utah isn’t a very smart move.

Hey lets play small ball when they have a good big in the game.

How can they be so ****? There is nowhere to party in **** Lake City

Luka just got blown by twice on the same position.

We should be up 10 not down by 7. I don’t care how good the Jazz have been in the last ten, we are a better team.

Nothing looked good for the Mavs in the third except Hardy hit a couple of shots. Everyone else shooting bad and looking sloppy. Down by 14.

18 points... what the ****.

Luka looks off and injured.

Kyrie deferring.

Exum hurt.

Green sucks

Williams sucks

THJ sucks

Lively blowing alley oops

Grant could not possibly have less confidence in his shot right now.

Just a kick in the nuts is all that is missing.

Clarkson going to bust his *** for that rebound.

Josh Green’s game is the most inconsistent thing ever. Not even a single basket tonite. This is the guy who the Mavs extended??? Very ****** front office.

Of course kyrie ****ing irving would miss a free throw because god forbid 3 good things happen in a row

if we play small ball, they auto-spam lobs to kessler. if we play lively, they clog up the paint and auto-block.

just can’t win.

What the **** is this shot making by Utah man

No way we getting punked like this by Utah

Zone kicking our ***

Ship all these midgets out of here and get us Siakam…

I am embarrassed for josh green. Really hope he bounces back after this turd

Is Holmes even allowed to come to Mavs practice?

Every time he plays he looks lost. Like the first time he has ever seen a set with the team.

Getting the Wood treatment.

We have a new worst loss of the season contender.

Luka hasn?t scored in 6 minutes in the fourth

Luka 0 FGM in final 9:26
No Kyrie

y’all can keep believing it’s just a matter of missing open 3s but the reality is utah has only 1 more made 3 on five more shots. we will never win anything while relying way too much on 3s
This guy gets it.

Its funny how so many fans harp about 3P% (either their team missing them or the other team making them) even on nights when both teams are pretty much tied for attempts and percentages.

We do look terrible. But the Jazz are playing with passion and getting everything to fall it seems. Gotta give them a lot of credit.
So nice to hear this from other teams fans. Seems like all of Nov. we were on the other side of the hustle equation.
Just a kick in the nuts is all that is missing.
This one just made me laugh. Then Texas lost the football game and they got that kick to the nuts!

Utah has nobody to guard Luka ,nobody to guard Kyrie and when it comes to somebody guarding a 3rd ball handler ,they’re probably gonna have trouble .
Luka Doncic meet John Collins, point center.
Exum going off for 30 in his return to Utah?
LOL at Exum going off in Utah! What he does best here is getting injured.
What other team starts 4 lottery picks? We should be favorites to win the championship.
Keep telling yourself that, after our motley crew of misfits put a thirty + point loss on yer a$$.
Maybe you should of thought of that a month ago when you were running up the score to embarrass us.

I think Cuban knows Luka is leaving and sold the team because he don't want that stink.

Jazz kicking the hell out of the Mavs at the same time as my Huskies beating UT/Sark makes for beautiful start to 2024.