What's new

Quotes from 76ers' forums-"Clarkson is like if steph curry was even better at shooting"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Not even going to bother watching this one - save me some aggravation!! Lol

I would gladly try Bradley over Dwight

Jordan Clarkson bombing on us from the second unit is going to give us so much shotcreation envy.

Top team in the East vs top team in the West?
Put it on regional NBA TV!

Simmons looking like a beast at C lol.

Rudy Gobert is the worst defender I've ever seen that people think is good.

Simmons as point-center is wild

If Ben Simmons didn't have T-rex arms, he'd be a C-full time.

Ben you clod this could be every game you big oaf

Ummm what is this sorcery

Pretty sure Ingles just asked Ben for a cigarette.

this is some wild ****

Ben is seeing the Matrix offensively.

Built like a tank or not, Mitchell is so damn short. Seth Curry has like 2 inches on him. wtf.

And now the 3s start raining down on us. Jesus

My god, Ben

1st quarter is almost over, and the Jazz have a single defensive rebound. The strangest game of basketball I’ve ever seen.

19 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, and 1 block in one Quarter is absolutely insane. Aggressive Ben is the best Ben.

Hahaha of course the one time Ben takes over a game scoring is when my cable box contracts covid.

So.. do they just not miss 3s? Is that their thing?I feel like every 3 they take is going in… not cool

G. D. the Jazz a 9-16. Aren’t their arms tired from hoisting so many threes?

those utah jerseys are SO MUCH better than our horrible new philadelphia ones, aren’t they?

Simmons best quarter ever . The bench is pure garbage starting w korkmaz

The Jazz get open looks...​

… because teams have to pack the paint against Gobert rolls. Otherwise, Gobert just dunks repeatedly. Shooters and a premier rim-runner. And then they take that strategy and peg the needle with it.

Jazz are defending the three point area HARD. I’ve never seen this. They’re happily giving up midrange jumpers which the Sixers are luckily making right now. But they do not want their opponents shooting 3s at all.

Stop shooting midrange jumpers.

When Danny Green dribble the ball​

An angel loses it wings..

Look how fast Utah caught up BY SHOOTING 3 POINTERS

Wow amazing quarter for Simmons and Harris. Sixers getting killed again by the 3. Korkmaz continues to just kill this team.

The Jazz 3pt shooting is ****ing insane.

Clarkson isn’t going to miss is he

obviously they're not going to miss a three from now on
every **** night. **** hell

Clarkson is such a baller.

this is so **** annoying lol
no one misses a shot against us ever

Clarkson 37% for the year. Add 60% for the Sixer effect.

27-6....Sixer being outscored on 3 pointers. Kork an outstanding -13 already.
All this squad has on offense is floaters by Maxey. Howard is worthless on offense, Green is worthless on offense, Thybulle is worthless on offense, Kork is ****ing lost lately.

Everytime I watch Clarkson on the Jazz I just mutter "how?" a bunch of times.

this is the best game of Ben's career.

Bench outscored 45-15.

You can't give up 106 points by the end of the 3rd Q.

And that might be the nail in the coffin....Sixers have a chance to get it to 4 points, but Green puts up a brick and then the Jazz make yet again another 3

I despise Green more after every game.

every three is going on for them

What if Ben says "I'm the best C in the league" after the game? LMAO

Furkan you brick laying turd

Ben is now part of the And1 mixtape.

Hard to win a game when you are outscored by 30 from 3 point and shooting 7 less FTs

Why is everyone losing their man along the three point line?
The only dudes you gotta worry about off the dribble are Mitchell and Clarkson. Play tight on everyone else and stop losing shooters at the three point line.

14 points in 12 minutes in the 1st quarter. Harris looks sharp tonight man.

Besides the doo-doo at the end that was one of the best 76er offensive quarters I've seen. Shame the jazz can't miss from 3 but full credit to them for sticking with it. Ben on Gobert wow great job!

Ben + Harris 33 points in the 1st qtr. Utah Jazz 35 points.

Jazz are playing with ultimate confidence shooting lately.

Dwight jesus you ignorant slut.

This second unit is brutal

Dwight has 20 seasons in the league and still cant time his blocks.

Danny is super washed if Ingles slow *** is out running him

this unit's best shot is a rookie throwing up floaters. He's really good at them but still...thats not what you want to see

They
Don't
Miss

Ingles literally smokes a cigarette in the tunnel during TV timeouts and he's taking Danny off the dribble. Damn, get Danny the hyperbaric chamber to sleep in.

Danny Green is pretty washed.

If there was no uniform policy in the NBA, Ingles would definitely play in a pair of light gray Hanes sweatpants that he used scissors to make into shorts.

I have always liked Clarkson just never expected him to get the stupid out of his game.....

The Jazz are shooting 113% from the field.

Clarkson adding the three to his game made him ungardable. Before, he was just a spazzy driver. Now he's hitting 3+ threes a game ontop of being a spazzy driver and nobody knows how to guard him.

Why have we only attempted 4 total three point shots? The Jazz took 18 already.

The jazz are best in the league at limiting opponent threes I think, although 4 still seems pretty low.

LeBen has expended all of his power and now is just trash *** Ben Simmons again. See if we can get the battery charged up for the 3rd quarter

Looking at the box score, the Jazz only shot 9/24 = 37% from three but it felt like they were shooting 80% while watching.

Interestingly Jazz seemed to change to just attacking the paint and it worked for them. The players out there cannot stop dribble penetration.

If Joel’s back is sore, is he sitting on a Costco $19.00 metal f’ing seat ???

9 three point attempts total so far for the Sixers? What is is this? 2008?

Gotta switch any Ingles/Gobert pick n roll with any 2 players.

Hi! We’re the Utah Jazz and we have two plays:

1) the high pick and roll, and

2) Joe Ingles BEGGING FOR ****ING CALLS.

Do NOT​

speak ill of Jingles. He is the most underrated player in the league.

You may speak ill of everyone else on their b*tcha$$ team though, as I can’t stand anyone else….

The Sixers have 94 points through 3 quarters. If they had played ANY defense in this game, they’d probably be winning. InsteD they let Clarkson go off. They let Ingles go off. And they let Mitchell go off. Where is the defensive effort? It seems to have completely disappeared over the past 3 weeks. They are playing Brooklyn Nets level defense — without having the offensive firepower to be able to get away with that

Jordan Clarkson is going to end up with 50 points tonight​

He’s destroying anyone the Sixers put on him – including Ben and Matisse

Clarkson is eyeing Wilt

Just can't cut into this lead because we won't shoot threes.

It feels like every game we are giving away season and career highs.

What a random **** night for freaking Jordan clarkson

After 3 quarters thybulle / Scott / green have played 54 total minutes . They have 0 points . Embarrassing

That freaking hot whole year? No wonder they have the best record, they gotta trade Mitchell now for pieces around Clarkson right?

We have 94 points through three against a great defensive team that specializes in limiting three point shots. We’re losing because we can’t defend. Our offense is fine.

Not really. We have 5 made threes all game. It's literally impossible to cut into this lead if you're not going to take threes.

Best game of Ben's life and we are going to waste it lol
sixers basketball yall

Man, if Ben could shoot FTs this good regularly, he would be so much better

Clarkson is just nuts right now

Clarkson has been on fire off the bench, not just this year, but ever since he joined Utah. Look at Utah's win/losses last year before/after the Clarkson trade.
Like dude said, Clarkson is easily the front runner for 6MOY.

It's maddening. Also running the zone against a team that is absolutely deadly from 3 sounds like a good idea in the first place.

Mitchell has been terrible tonight. The Jazz aren't a contender. They have a lot of regular season wins. Nobody is winning a title with Mtchell and Clarkson as your two best players, bro.

Jesus Christmas these open threes are so infuriating

Mediocre teams will give 110% effort in the meaningless regular season, and then will get exposed hard in Playoffs. Jazz are definitely in this category,

Jazz made 18 3’s. Not much you can do. Sixers played tough. Danny Green needs to go.

If Embiid was playing Jazz would’ve been done they got lucky

Danny looks washed and it’s been for a good stretch now, Seth is so slow, and korkmaz, he’s a “shooter” who can’t shoot. I believe in this team but they gotta make some kind of move.

Realistically if 76ers play like that against 90% of teams they would win. Stunning from Ben and Tobias. Jazz just too good.

Utah Jazz is just too good.

Good effort in giving up 134 points....lolololol

Utah took 45 threes. God forbid a lot of them don't go in, they'd probably lose by 40

Utah Jazz ain't no joke.

Jordan clarkson 40points in just 29 minutes in bench??

Good effort?!?! Aren't these "moral victories" getting a tad old?

The Sixers should take a new Team Picture minus "Joel"

We have to move Green...he’s played absolutely terrible for us

How would Blake Griffin look on the sixers? Doesn't he have a nice mid range game and decent 3pt %?

But Ben won’t do ever do this when Embiid is playing so this is moot.

Let's be honest, if Embiid was in tonight this game wouldn't be close. Sixers would be smacking them. Well that's if Simmons played like this

I cannot stress how much Danny Green sucked tonight, and has been a bane of this years team. Just making horrible defensive choices, airball three's, he needs to go, this team needs a whole new restructuring before the deadline because Process number sixty is falling apart.

Danny Green and Furkan Korkmaz combined: 1-11 with 3 points in 50 minutes played

How is it that opponents’ role players shoot lights out against Sixers, but our SHOOTERS like Korkmaz, Green and Curry can’t consistently hit a barn with a truck?

EVERYONE NOT NAMED SIMMONS AND HARRIS STAY IN UTAH

Utah was hitting everything

Wasted a good Ben and Tobias night. This entire road trip was annoying.

-30 from the three point area. They shot 23 threes vs 45 threes for Utah. Nothing else matters

Clarkson went supernova, and Utah in general was just SMOKING HOT for three quarters. Ben and Tobi did ****ing everything within their power to try and bring us back from the dead.

Good news is the rest of the East is slumping too.

Clarkson's 6 FT from 3PT fouls made a difference

The scariest part about Utah:

They hit 18 3's and that's only 1 above their average. It felt like they were just white hot from beyond the line but it was just a little better than a normal night for them.

If we make the finals it'll probably be Utah on the other side

The 3 point line was legitimately solely created to **** over the 6ers

I wish we'd hit 6 straight threes sometimes

Without Clarkson, the Jazz would be buried right now.

the jazz pick and roll is a ****ing cheat code man.

its not about us. they do it soooo ****ing well against everyone.

Bruh Clarkson got the 3pt sliders up

Do the Jazz have the best bench ever or something? Unreal

Everytime we get close they hit a 3

This game is an analytic wet dream for the jazz lol I almost can't even be upset. Lot of threes, FTs, all high % and don't give up any threes

The 4 through 8 players rotation wise on the Jazz are WAY better than our 4 through 8 rotation players.

It feels like a crime for such an amazing Simmons game to be ruined by our roleplayers ******** the bed.

Clarkson is a monster.

I’m convinced I will never see another Philadelphia 76er three pointer ever again

jazz just dont miss and its making this game really not fun.

Man Furk looks BEAT. Like 47 year old unemployed alcoholic on divorce number 3 BEAT.

Dwight is like a talented player that doesn't know the rules or objective of basketball

Bojan Bogdanovic looks like he has severed heads in his freezer.

Man this loss hurts the most this season because we could’ve won if anybody could score besides Ben and tobi

We’ve dropped 42 on a vaunted Jazz defense in the first, and we’re STILL only up by single-digits. This team is tough but the media won’t give them their due bc they’re so busy sucking off the Lakers and Clippers like usual. Am I talking about the Sixers or the Jazz? Yes.

Part of me is incredibly jealous that these Mormon weirdos can actually watch their team play in person.

I’m impressed with Utah. Multiple ball handlers and no one hesitates from three. The dribble hand off with Ben as the screener should generate an open shot considering Gobert is staying in the paint...we just don’t shoot off of it

Jordan Clarkson has like double our bench production

Ben did all that work for 15 minutes just for some guys to come in and destroy all of it within 5 minutes, I hate it here

I hate rude gogurt

Ben cool as a cucumber. He’s got kangaroos at his side, Baguette Biyombo don’t want smoke

Why play zone against the best shooting team in the league?

all that work for royce o’neil to bang out 3 threes in crunch time lmao

Holy ****, Clarkson vs Simmons instead of Embiid vs Gobbert.

Who the **** saw this coming?

Dwight with the 5th Element haircut.

This Jazz court might be my favourite in the league. The paint and decal down the side of the court is great

Jazz shot about 5 threes within 2 mins and we have that many in close to 20 mins

They surrounded Ben with shooters who won't shoot. Cool.

The Jazz are a well balanced well coached team I must say

This game is a good example of modern nba math. It really doesn't matter how well you play if the other team shoots 3x as many threes as you. That's not excusing some porous defense by the sixers but it's def an uphill battle playing that way

Dwight is our third best player tonight what the hell?

Does any team foul at the buzzer more than we do?

bad news for the jazz is that they need 40 from jordan clarkson to beat a team without their best player

too bad the jazz are shooting literally 200% from 3

I know he’s 7 feet tall and what not but I laugh every time gobert walks he looks like a toddler

Did moving Jordan to Utah and missing out on all LA has to offer force him to care about basketball again?? Cause I don't remember him ever being this good.

I'm shocked to see the player Clarkson has developed into. Really impressive

I mean I dont think anyone can beat a team who's gonna shoot 50 3s for 60%. Like that's unbeatable

Coach Quins hair is beautiful best hair in the league

I have crippling depression

Losing to Royce ONeale and Jordan Clarkson

I truly want to die

These jazz uniforms are amazing I’m low key jealous

Okay can we not let clarkson do the clarkson thing

Jesus man, one game without the other team going ****ing nuclear

Clarkson is disgustingly good

And that’s why the 6 man of the year isn’t a competition unfortunately

The jazz team is comprised of 8 steph currys and gobert apparently

At this point I’m convinced that if Shaq was playing against us even he’d be hitting 3s

**** me these ****ers can shoot

First time I've watched the sixth-man Clarkson. I feel proud that Shake was even mentioned in contention for that award. Clarkson is a killer.

Dude Derrick Favors has been around forever and he's still only 29 wtf

bogdonavic and ingles need to team up with jokic for the sloppy white dude super team

I swear Jingles gets calls simply because he is wildly unatheletic

Jordan Clarkson really was the difference

Even Mitchell having an average game

**** it. Dwight free throws vs Gobert free throws. Best one wins

Clarkson is a skinnier shorter goofier looking Brandon Ingram

Everyone on Utah is a shooter. Must be nice

Oneale's turn to not miss

Punch clarkson in the eye

Gobert doesn't get enough hate. He's annoying, aesthetically unappealing to watch, and for some reason the NBA allows him to move as much as he wants during screens.

Utah is a beautiful state with a truly creepy almost otherworldly type energy

Exum for Clarkson was an absolute steal that people don't talk about enough

oh lord I hate 50% of this team lmao

Why cant we set a pnr like them

Clarkson has 28 in 17 minutes and Ben still hasn't been put on him

Clarkson is like if steph curry was even better at shooting

Royce would be our best shooter and it wouldn’t be close if he was in the Sixers.

Fav “bogdonavic and ingles need to team up with jokic for the sloppy white dude super team”. Some really funny posts, and some seriously unintelligent/aggressive posts but what the heck, it’s sports. Count on that any day with any team. 76ers fans aren’t much different than I would’ve guessed I suppose.

Jordan Clarkson bombing on us from the second unit is going to give us so much shotcreation envy.
Prescient
Rudy Gobert is the worst defender I've ever seen that people think is good.
How about now?
Clarkson isn’t going to miss is he
Nope
Clarkson adding the three to his game made him ungardable. Before, he was just a spazzy driver. Now he's hitting 3+ threes a game ontop of being a spazzy driver and nobody knows how to guard him.
This guy gets it
Looking at the box score, the Jazz only shot 9/24 = 37% from three but it felt like they were shooting 80% while watching.
Yeah, it's a mind-**** now. The league just fully expects to get Jingled.

Do NOT​

speak ill of Jingles. He is the most underrated player in the league.
This guy gets it too.
What a random **** night for freaking Jordan clarkson
This guy does not get it. Doesn't watch basketball apparently.
If Embiid was playing Jazz would’ve been done they got lucky
Might be the truth. Would have definitely been a different game. Funny thing is they don't realize we didn't really play that well.
Good news is the rest of the East is slumping too.
And have been for what, 2 decades now?
Do the Jazz have the best bench ever or something? Unreal
Yes
bad news for the jazz is that they need 40 from jordan clarkson to beat a team without their best player
And missing our 3rd best player, and with our main guys in a minor shooting slump. They were lucky we weren't firing on all cylinders or we would have pasted them by 30.
too bad the jazz are shooting literally 200% from 3
Feels that way sometimes, doesn't it?

I always wonder if other teams’ boards are wise to our “quotes from...” threads and get pissed at the joy we take from their lifeless corpses? I could legit see them warning each other not to wallow on the board to avoid being put on blast.