What's new

Quotes from 76ers forums-"Glad I got two nights of ******* Sixers games before my Sunday afternoon ******* eagles game"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Lost last night with Embiid and I can only imagine it’s not going to go well tonight wither

Lol Embiid never disappoints how many games will it be this time 3 maybe 4 again

Looking forward to my refund tonight with embiid and the mystery knee swelling. My fault thinking the star player could manage playing two days in a row.

oubre and maxey gonna have to carry

So embiid stayed in last night to statpad that 30 in the 4th but out tonight lmaoooo just sad as hell

Please don’t be a complete joke tonight

UTAH +6

Missing 3 starters due to ***-it is

That’s so cool that Lauri is coming to Philly to try out for our team in person.

1st Half

We desperately need a back up center & someone who can either just score on the second unit .. or someone who wants to play defense … KJ Martin might be one of the laziest defenders I’ve ever seen … I always see someone post “ play KJ” .. how about no Morris should play with more heart being from

Philly ..tired of watching the entire second unit besides pat bev just jog around uselessly with zero effort

Imagine buying a ticket for this game is this is the ****** *** lineup and product you’re stuck with

John Collins the type of guy to think he's him because he's being guarded by Marcus Morris.

Lmao close out on the walking brick that is Clarkson to leave Markkanen open

Maxey isn’t an efficient player this year especially from the 3s compared to his last 2 seasons . The more he shoots the lower his fg percentage

How does this Jazz team even have a win

Bamba isn’t even good enough to play in China

Back and forth game. Jazz shooting 58% from the floor to the Sixers 40%, but Jazz have 13 turnovers to the Sixers 3.

Jazz take a 1pt lead into halftime though Sixers hold a big edge in shot attempts (54 - 40).

Despite no Embiid and Tobias, this is definitely a game the Sixers need to find a way to win.

Jazz are making it look too easy on offense. Sixers need to tighten up their defense.

This team looks like plumber crack with or without Embiid.

I don't bet often, but when I do, I always regret betting on Philadelphia sports.

Wow they're defending Maxey with box and 1

For as much as we collapse on defense, how is there nobody under the rim to get rebounds?

The Jazz the best offensive rebounding team in the NBA. So be ready for that

Does anyone, and I mean anyone at all, on this team feel like challenging these rim runners? Utah has zero fear of being contested or fouled on the drive. At some point you have to hammer someone to make them think twice about coming inside.

2nd Half

Once again, athleticism wrecks them.

No one can stop dribble drive, no one slows down the fast break and no one rotates and closes out on 3pt shooters.

Crazy turnover differential, yet the Jazz are leading.

No Embiid- Swiss defense

They’ve had nothing but layups and dunks this quarter. And not a single one contested.

Give all the ****ing first round picks for Lauri, we can always get those back whenever we have to blow it up which is always inevitable.

We are +15 in the turnover margin and are down by 11, impressively inept

Two straight games getting blown out ****in sucks lol

Boys must be exhausted from not competing at all last night.

the jazz 89 turnovers offset by their 456 points in the paint. it’s absurd how many easy dunks and layups we give up without jo

Hang on. Are we gonna ****en lose this match?!

We need a scientist to study Maxeys 3 point shooting drop.

Man I am straight up not having a good time lately

Just unacceptable to leave Lauri open for 3 so often

Wow. Just awful how many dunks we are giving up. Did the same last night.

That Markkanen guy is pretty good at basketball

Name your price Danny

They don’t have to trade him. Still young. Can fit into their future.

That’s what I’m thinking. But if you give him an offer so ridiculous, you know he’d be forced to consider.

Jazz have 20 TOs compared to our 5 and are still up by double digits. That is outrageous

The jazz have 21 turnovers but 64 points in the paint. I still believe strongly in developing rim protection when embiid is out. And before anyone starts making assumptions about trades, thats not what I'm talking about so dont bother mentioning it.

Bamba is really bad at this basketball thing

It’s amazing how much less charming the Brickin’ for. Chicken thing is when we’re losing instead of blowing teams out of the water.

How many dunks does John Collins have tonight? Giving so many dunks to Collins and wide open 3s to Lauri is horrible

Maxey is being doubled off 3 different non shooters on the court and he had to shoot it over the backboard lol

Winning the turnover battle by 17 and still getting comfortably beaten by Utah is unacceptable even with the injuries.

The team is horribly equipped to deal with Embiid absences this year since Maxey is legitmately the only other shot creator.

sixers might never make a 3 again jesus ****ing christ

Because while everyone is complaining about Tobias and Morris, the hard cold truth is Paul Reed got paid and sucks now.

Crazy to lose at home against the Jazz with a 23:6 TO advantage

The Jazz have 21 ****ing turnovers and still are gonna put up 120+ points

pathetic performance from this team. can’t lose a game with a turnover differential like this, literally nobody can shoot anymore

Post-Game

Glad I got two nights of ******* Sixers games before my Sunday afternoon ******* eagles game

5/32 from 3 is crazy. Almost an automatic loss in today’s NBA

Forget the fact we drafted a center 10 years ago that has missed 45% of his regular seasons games and the fact that he has come up small in every 2nd round series he has played in . Now we are supposed to feel good when he misses 15-20 games a year in his last few years . Can’t win like that especially when this franchise changes 6-7 players a year . Love Maxey but he isn’t efficient this year compared to his 2 years . His 3 point shooting is 5 percent lower . This team needs to move some of these expiring contracts and get a good player here for the long run

Shooting was dreadful… especially 3 pointers

And they say harden is better off with this team. Can’t even win games against the jazz without the embiid. Harden wins you games against boston even without your MVP

It’s a long season, these past two games are pretty disappointing. First the team doesn’t show up against the Knick, and now Embid doesn’t play. I had thought they were going to build up some momentum.

Harris is a nice guy, but he is practically invisible on the court.

Hahaha why didn't embiid pad his stats against the jazz lol he normally only misses games that arent against lottery teams

I think the 76ers should see if Lauri Markkanen is available for a trade !

Starting 5:

76ers -82

Jazz- 81

Where do you think we lost it? You got it: the bench 39 to 27- SHOCKER!!!

Granted no Embiid(again smh) and no Harris, but man EVERY game our bench gets outscored! Time to make a trade/deal

Have you considered winning one?

Less than 19% on 3 pointers…and I thought losing Harden made us a stronger all round team.

Nick Nurse, clearly not pleased with the last two nights: “We’re going to get in there, and it’s going to be a physical practice on Monday.”

I still think it’s a joke that Embiid was still playing in that blowout last night with this back to back tonight

TRADE FOR LAURI

Sixers is a lottery team without Embiid... And Morey shouldn't let Markkanen out of South Philly...

Today’s game should’ve been a win but I don’t understand how they lose this game when the other team has over 20 turnovers. I hope they can turn it around soon.

Lauri should be a Sixer within the week

This is why I stop believing in Philly sports as much as I see them thrive I know they will never deliver

This team is headed in the wrong direction

I thought we were actually good but we suck

we ain’t **** without embiid goddamn

maxey + 4 drunk homeless all the game

Not that this is really any different from other teams. There aren’t many teams that are going to do well when they are down 3 starters. But it’s a little disturbing that they are losing by 15 pts on their home court to teams that aren’t that good. Or That the defense has become Swiss cheese. They have zero rim protection. At the same time they keep leaving guys wide open behind the arc. These are things that won’t automatically be fixed simply by the return of the starters.

Abysmal 3 point shooting. Nights like this that Buddy Hield expiring doesn't look so bad. Eff defense.

Don't let Markkanen get on the plane to Utah get that trade cookin'.

What the hell are we gonna do when Embiid retires or leaves. I don’t know if I can watch basketball anymore if this is what I’m gonna get.

Someone kidnap Lauri before they leave

Lauri just has that classiness they really appreciate in Salt Lake.

Jokes aside, **** he would be good here but he seems happy there and Utah have picks coming out of their arse, hard to see them letting him go for anything less than a haul that we can get outbid on.

They're awfully convinced their team has anything we would trade Lauri for. Maybe Embiid, altho I don't think he really fits our timeline.

A friend of mine came by to watch the game yesterday afternoon wearing his Sixers T Shirt (grew up in Philly), I promptly left him standing at the door while I doffed my Jazz cap. I couldn’t let him be the only one wearing their colors. We’d been going back and forth about the “running feud” between Embid and Collins.

Anyway, as the thread reminds, we were both disappointed to learn that Embid and Harris were out for this one. His reaction was imagine spending two hundred or so for tickets and the main stars are out. We laughed about going to see the Stones and Mick and Keith taking the night off for “load management”.