What's new

Quotes from Blazers' forums-"Walker Kessler was three blocks away from a triple double in 26 minutes."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Scoot's played 14 games lmao, it's insane 5 games in people were saying he was a bust.

For some reason people just love to jump to call rookies busts, saw it first with Miller, then turned to Wemby, and now Scoot. Not like rookie point guards take notoriously long to adjust or anything either.

He’s absolutely crazy fast with the ball in the open court. I have been surprised at how not ‘bouncy’ he is though. Really hasn’t consistently finished above the rim at all before this game.

I think he’s more Jason Kidd than Russ/Ja, from what I’ve seen. Speed is there. Jumping ability, especially in traffic, just isn’t going to be what people thought.

Apparently saying he’s not as athletic as the 3 or 4 best guard athletes in NBA history is saying he’s unathletic to people. Crazy victim mentality

Just to keep things in perspective. Dame was 22 as a rookie. That means Scoot has 3 more years before you can equally compare the 2. As a rookie Dame averaged 19pts 6asst in 38 minutes on 42 percent shooting and 3 turnovers. Plus his defense was atrocious. Yet we looked at him like he could do no wrong. I’m not saying scoot will be great but can we just wait and see. Through social media, society has become all about instant gratification. I’m sure the same haters think Tommy devito is the next great qb and Daniel jones was the next great qb last year. Only time will tell whether scoot has it or doesn’t.

And there it is: Blazers open as 1.5 point favorites for Thursday’s game versus the Jazz, making it the first game this season in which they’re favored.

If Colin Sexton has another monster game and the Jazz win, then Portland should try to get him in a trade. There's just something about Blazers that energizes Sexton's game. He'd be a terrific 6th man combo guard.

Jazz are absolute garb on the road this year (1-11), so let's see the boys get a W tonight. Would be good for them to go home with a win to start this homestand after losing four close games in a row.

It's a B2B on the road for them and the Blazers have 2 days off. I would assume the Blazers will wear them down and take this game. They will beat that spread.

****ing Markannen! You soft bitch. Stop killing my fantasy team!!!!!!

Got away with a bunch of **** to end the last game we played them. Hacked the **** out of us with no calls. Meanwhile, it was whistles galore against us.

We have (virtually) the entire team and the Jazz have major people missing. There's two words to describe that...

TRAP GAME. lolololol

I don't like intentionally losing for "draft value". It creates bad culture and you end up like the Wizards or Pistons

I think it'll happen naturally, the West is too strong... we're not on the level of the Warriors even, and they're a play-in level team, we just don't have enough juice. Horrible offense, and mediocre defense, and no allstars, so the West will make our record bad enough without us losing on purpose (beyond intentionally playing guys like Scoot which will result in losses since he's 19).

Lets see a 20 point win

we are all missing a very close Thursday Night Football game for this

Scoot needs to outplay George. I’m tired of these **** talking utah fans

This is the first game where I'd honestly feel disappointed if we lost. Haven't had a W in a while, we showed a bunch of good offense in the LA game, this is when we should get back in the win column

1st Half

That quarter was awful. Here’s hoping things get better.

Just a terrible effort across the board.

Guard defense nice and awful to start

Making this shorthanded, already awful Utah team look competent.

IT'S RIGGED. Worse than a carnival ring toss!

What’s a Vontechio? Sounds like a German boombox from the 80’s.

I went to Gonzaga but man does Kelly Olynyk need to cut his hair

That moment when you realize Scoot has goggles on his jersey

Defense has been terrible

Offfense is a bunch of standing around

I think the Jazz EFG% must be over 80%

So Jazz just not gonna miss tonight?

Jesus Christ our offense sucks. Wait 10 seconds, set a terrible pick, guys just stand around & watch. Where the **** are the actual plays & off ball movement?

well 40 points to the G League Jazz in one quarter is not very promising at all

for the love of god just go under the screens on THT

Did coach just decide to put the worst floor spacing lineup possible out there

We should be crushing these fools

Yikes. Not even saying even with the stripped down Jazz.

Are we the most athleticly awful fast break team ever?

Eek. Giving up 38 in one quarter to this team is rough

They can pretty much walk the ball to the rim every time it seems

This **** is just pathetic. Imagine getting outplayed by Colin ****ing Sexton. Unacceptable.

Jazz making everything. Our defense is a little disjointed tonight. But Jazz making everything too. I expect 2nd quarter will be a strong quarter for us.

Starting with an undersized lineup, then seeming to just get smaller and smaller as we go, and what do you know giving up a ton of points’

Will your precious Shaedon Sharpe that you all slobber over actually make a FG this quarter????

Sorry, but our guards can't guard

Dang. This team is hard to watch live

We are making Horton Tucker look good... that is tough to do

As Adam Sandler so once eloquently said “F Me in the Goat A$5!!”

I need another $15 beer

Oh neat another center with knee issues.

I can’t stand losing AND having to listen to Jazz play by play.

27 point difference to the jazz bench. Holy **** we suck

Is this Fontecchio dude really gonna drop 30 lmao

letting sexton and THT punk the entire team like this is pretty frustrating ngl

Why am I still watching I must really hate myself

Ok if we have an average offensive quarter and hold them to zero points we’ll only lose by a few

You can’t dig yourself out of a hole if you don’t dig a hole first. -Chauncey Billups, probably.

We go from down 4 to down 14 before Chauncey calls timeout, Utah makes 2 bad plays in a row & their coach calls a timeout. One of these things is not like the other.

guy with a girls’ name cooking us

Sexton is a ****ing bug

Draymond needs to punch Sexton for being a murder hobo wannabe

One of the tallest teams in the league so let's play a small 3 guard lineup all game...

This Jazz team is on the 2nd night of a back to back too ugh

the little aliens from space jam stole sharpes hooping skills

Nobody expects the Simone Fontecchio game

Sucks to watch a ****** team feast on us.

Back within 13... wait no... 23

Is Kessler going to get a triple double with blocks!?

I’ve literally never heard of Fontecchio and he is destroying us

we got sexton and THT looking like all stars

What? You don't like the pull up 3 from 30ft over 2 defenders and the guy setting the screen for you while down 12 and needing a score? Lol

That wide open 3 was completely on Simons. He was guarding nobody and just completely turned his back on his man. Ugh.

of course we look like this is our most winnable game in weeks

The Blazers don't appear to be good at the game of basketball right now...

Sexton has an elite pull up floater in the paint.

Dude is quick

Jazz making everything. Our defense is a little disjointed tonight. But Jazz making everything too. I expect 2nd quarter will be a strong quarter for us.

FOR EVERY SECOND OF GAME TIME WE ARE BEHIND THE PLAYERS SHOULD BE FINED 5K.

Jazz are HOT right now

they don't miss

Jazz scoring at will. The Blazers need some stops

Not sure the Blazers are being outplayed, but they're definitely being outscored.

Alright, now they're being outplayed

Tht and sexton have gotten by their defender on every possession

Scoot's half court shot looks better then regular 3-pointer. Should Henderson step back and take logo shots?

Hey Chauncey...Sharpe is ice ****ing cold, put Malcom in the game or give Ant the ball...give anyone else the ball

Just think it’s a classic letdown situation. Utah is w/o Markkanen, Clarkson and Collins. Also, being favored for the first time this season. However, there is no reason for this team to be having letdowns versus anyone.

Portland may have flubbed by taking Scoot at #3, but it looks like Camara may be just as good, or better, than Brandon Miller, who was taken at #2.

So that was Sharpe's worst half of the season. By FAR....

Nobody has 3 fouls. Someone should tell them defending without fouling doesn't mean not defending.

2nd Half

That was some of the worst basketball I’ve seen personally in a long time.

A long time? What, two or three weeks?

Utah 7-0 when leading at the half.

ah good we're starting the second half even smaller out there, awesome

Kessler looks too much like his coach, that shouldn't be allowed.

I’m not enjoying this game

Can’t wait for one of the Jazz to give us the too small gesture

We gotta score on Horton-Tucker and do the "too wide" gesture.

what the hell am i watching

So this is awful

Can the team refund fans in the arena?

Kessler, Fontechio, Olynyk .... we don't play well with tall opposition - maybe Joe should take note...

STILL WELL WITHIN REACH! The Jazz have a record similar to ours for a reason!

Down 15 to a trash team on the 2nd night of a back to back. This team is ****ing infuriating.

This game is uglier than a monte cristo at Denny’s. It’s going to come out worse than it came in. Buckle up

Olynyk has too many Ys in it for one thing.

So we almost beat the Clippers in LA...and now we're getting our butts kicked at home by one of the worst teams in the league. I'm really not sure what to think of this team anymore.

Is it against a rule to stack players, say Scoot on Walker's shoulders for some height?

I think it’s about time for the Benny hill music.

Man, in terms of ball handling, Ayton makes Nurk look like Kyrie Irving.

May have been the worst half of the season. Sharpe is killing us.

Damn, Kessler 3 blocks away from a triple double

Jazz challenging foul, they think Kessler got all ball

Why can't the blazers pass to someone behind Kessler, like the Jazz have been doing to Ayton.

Jazz are quicker and longer.

The Blazers have won 2 home games the entire year. They've also played the least amount of home games of anyone in the league (this is only their 9th). But the fact that we're getting our *** kicked by a 8-16 team, at home, who is missing half their starters....beyond pathetic.

Maybe playing 3 guards all the time is not great

We might need to test that theory for another decade until we can come to a conclusion.

Well at least I can beat traffic and leave soon

Who the hell is Simone Fontecchio?

Utah is playing like they're the top seed, and Portland is playing like they're Detroit.

Jazz challenging another call. The Blazers radio guy is getting upset. "We're down 21, quit picking on us Utah !!"

Do we have enough scrubs to put them all in right now?

THT and Sexton just playing harder than our entire team.

They’re just running a box and 1 on Ant and the rest of the team is doing nothing.

The Blazers must be tired because they just played last Monday.

Boos starting to be heard as Utah’s lead balloons to 92-60.

Barring a miraculous comeback, Blazers will fall to 0-1 in games they’re favored in on the season.

Is that double digit Blazer misses in a row?

This is worse than the OKC game, because at least OKC is a good team. Utah is a horrible team.

Jazz shooting 60% from the field, Blazers 36%. Sharpe 0-9

I don't see a team that is trying hard ..well the jazz are

Scoot got a dunk, fans cheered.
Get the confetti ready.

Mama said they’ll be days like this

Utah has been in box and 1 all game on Ant and Shaedon yet there have been no adjustments.

They should let the confetti out now...**** the game.

Blazers not down 30 anymore. There's your Fred Meyer golden shopping cart happy stat of the night.

ZERO resistence in painted area. Jazz over 60 points in paint.

lol every Jazz player can get by their man with one dribble. I’ve never seen something like this before

Jazz can't clear the bench, because they've all been in the game this entire time.

Sharpe shooting 8.3% for the game

I've been in the fully braced position since Sept 27th.

Walker is going to be a nasty YMCA player 25 years from now.

...only down by 27...is it too late to trade MB for a few Jazz players right now...

This is easily the worst game I've ever seen

Yall have a good night. This isn't worth losing sleep over now.

Somebody hit a shot or something. Can't be that hard.

C'mon guys! Let's see if we can go 5 minutes without a FG! Hell, let's see if we can finish out the quarter without a bucket.

Vegas picked us to win, we got players back from injury, Utah is playing an away game of a back to back, they are without Clarkson, Collins, and Lauri, and we are losing by 30. Yeesh.

There's still another quarter?

Going through the motions on D tonight

Slow motions.

F’g layup drill for Utah.

If the Blazers reach 100 points, everyone in attendance gets a game ball!

Hendricks gonna be a player

I think there are a few things we still need to work on.

Turned it on about halfway through the 3rd quarter. Did Ayton get played off the floor? It is one layup after another for Utah.

Imagine dropping a couple benjamins on this game and getting below avg nachos and cool beer for another grant ... ouch

What is a "Simone Fontecchio"? Some kind of fancy coffee during the holidays? And why is it presently handing us our rear ends?

I foolishly thought Blazers would get 109+ tonight. But I didn't factor in Sharpe going 1-12.

what is sexton doing in this game still?

He's their bench dude

I don't think Chauncey Billups understands that the object of the coach's challenge is to use it when the refs got the call on the floor *wrong*. Someone get him that memo?

Hahahhahahah incompetence at its finest

Scoot was a good rebounder in the G League. Not so far.

Rebounding is 60% athleticism. The difference in that between the G League and the NBA is the distance between us and Jupiter.

one thing never changes with the blazers. If you expect something good out of them they will promptly kick you directly in the soft tissue

This game is in line with a ton of our losses last year. Teams throwing two and three 6’10” + dudes at us on the court at a time and we have nothing for them. We are too small, we have no options to counter size. They didn’t run that kind of size all night, but when they did we had nothing to counter with. Nothing,

Blowouts seem like they take forever to finish. 4 more minutes of this ****

Walker Kessler was three blocks away from a triple double in 26 minutes.

Some people said he wouldn’t translate in the NBA because he’s not a modern center. He seems pretty good to me. One of the better shot blockers

Wish we had a starting center like him.

The "young guys" gave great effort to turn a blowout into a "competitive" final score. The post game questions can be answered with incredible descriptions once again.

38-19 in the 4th!

Speaking of Scoot tonight, I wonder who the all-time leader for garbage time buckets in Blazers history is. Bet that'd be an interesting stat sheet.

cmon with these reviews guys the people who work at the stadium need to get home to families/pets/etc

Reath to Chauncey "Never put Moses in over me again"

Unless Chauncey is a pharaoh, he doesn't need to worry.

Scoot 23 and 10

I don't give credit for scoring 16 of your points when the opposing team has no rotation players on the court. He was just as bad as the rest of the team when it mattered, and decided to start scoring when it stopped mattering.

Post-Game

Our 3-guard starting lineup was an impressive 5-25.

They played lazy basketball tonight before the best 3rd string in the league came in.

What’s even more sad is that the Jazz played last night at home. We played on Monday.

having extremely undersized 2 guards has been the achilles heal of the Blazers for over a decade now.

You can’t win in today’s NBA when you’re a constant mismatch defensively. It will get exploited constantly

Well this was the game we had the best chance of winning between now and when we play Washington...

We'll now likely enter that game on an 8 game losing streak.

I was at the game. I’ve never seen so many shots jacked up without a single pass. It was like watching a pick up basketball game where nobody knew each other. Scoot can dunk though.

I love how the blazer fans were excited to not lose by 20+

I’m sure Jazz fans now think THT and Sexton are getting flipped for Siakim or OG after this game.

1) Ayton almost a guarantee turnover if he starts dribbling with his back to the hoop. He’s doubled and gives it up. His effort gets him a D. Not sure he’s healthy or just soft.

2) Camara gets a pass. His shot was on and his effort was max.

3) Ant and Brogdon looked like they were playing in mud. No D, very little O. Horrid night for both.

4) We lack size without Grant. Tonight was noticeable.

5) Sharpe. OCD night. Same drive over and over with same results. Learn the short jumper Shae. His worst this year.

6) Matisse. Bland. Super bland.

7) Scoot. A for effort. Pretty decent game but numbers enhanced in garbage time.

8) Coaching. Poor. Blazers weren’t ready. Flailed around on D. Effort stunk.

Yeah, i find it incredibly frustrating that Billups couldn't find a way to use Kessler sticking to the paint into our advantage on the perimeter and the team chose to drive into him under the basket over and over again with poor results.

Our team looked like a bunch of teenagers having trouble focusing this close to winter break...

I don't mind the garbage time all-stars stuff from Scoot, anything that gets his confidence up, but that was brutal. To make Sexton, THT, Kessler, and Fontecchio look that good on a b2b, wow.

Horton hears a HOOP!!!

CB saying a recurring area of weakness is jazz killing blazers on the boards, next time I guess we'll try starting 5 guards out there

This was the worst game of the season so far to me.

So bad. When people start thinking Billups knows what he's doing as a coach, please go back and watch this game and marvel at all the amazing adjustments and schemes to jumpstart some scoring.

I got section 205 tickets for 7 bucks tonight. Thought, why not go and see a win in person for such a good deal?
Yeah....

the 3rd quarter was 8 straight minutes of being tortured by the Jazz. The Blazers already down 15, came out of halftime like freezer burned frozen yogurt. Portland shot 1-16 during this 2nd half stench, which included 5 Kessler blocks and 4 Blazer turnovers. Utah built a 33 point lead.

Don't know how many times I've seen games like tonight in Utah

Chauncey's "the gift that keeps on giving" (his first name reminds me of Peter Sellers, and he coaches like Clouseau)

just my luck... went to the OKC game and we lost by like 40. Just awful. Then saw a bunch of competitive games on screen. Make it back to arena tonight, with the lowly Jazz, who sat most of their starters, and the Blazers just stunk. It was so bad. It was pathetic, embarrassing, unworthy, just absolute mockery of what professional NBA basketball should be.

UTAH JAZZ IS YOUR FATHER :3

This might be the first 8 point game I've ever seen that was definitively a blowout

Did we just witness the greatest "Don't let the score fool you" game of all time?

It frustrates me how a full nba coaching staff can’t figure out how to beat a box and 1 highschool defence

he 3rd quarter was 8 straight minutes of being tortured by the Jazz. The Blazers already down 15, came out of halftime like freezer burned frozen yogurt. Portland shot 1-16 during this 2nd half stench, which included 5 Kessler blocks and 4 Blazer turnovers. Utah built a 33 point lead.

This might be the first 8 point game I've ever seen that was definitively a blowout

Did we just witness the greatest "Don't let the score fool you" game of all time?
So this what it feels like to be on the other side of an a$$ whoopin!

What is hilarious about many of the negative comments about the Jazz, "worse team in the league", we should beat these guys, who are these guys, Jazz are terrible etc. Have they not looked at the standings? Plus we have beaten them 3 out of 4. So if the Jazz are the worse team in the league, what are the Trailblazers?

"You can’t dig yourself out of a hole if you don’t dig a hole first. -Chauncey Billups, probably."