What's new

Quotes from Grizzlies' forums after Game 2-"Rudy Gobert just went Old Testament Book of Mormon on Jonas AND Jaren"

They led NBA in pts in paint. That's their style of play. If you attack the paint you will get fouled and shoot a lot of free throws. Most of those fouls where legit fouls. I would say there was two questionable calls one where Rudy really did not touch Ja on that jumper, and other where JJJ traveled but foul was called on Favors. That's it. Memphis for sure has right to complain about way more bad calls from that game.

Don’t forget the clear back-court violation not called, which would have changed momentum. And both teams committed a lot of fouls— Abdul they missed a bunch on drives by Jazz players. And their third quarter offense was impressive.

What?? Something like.. "They look like Mormon dads that you overlooked as slow old white guys that ultimately destroyed your team at the Wednesday night churchball game." would have been more creative.
Haha I remember as a missionary, we’d play bball with the ward every Monday. The bishop was this slow old completely unathletic bald guy. He was in his 50’s but looked mid to late 60’s, and so stiff in his movements but had the most annoying mid range fade away that was unstoppable, and he never missed. And he was the most competitive dude I’ve ever played against. Me and him got into it one day because I was sick and tired of getting schooled by this old dude that was Curry like, so I decided I was going to stick on him like white on rice and play him physically tough, I mean I ramped it up, I did my best Kobe impersonation on Rodney Hood after Hood went 8-8 at the three line in the first half then after that Kobe only paid attention to hood and hood did very little in the second half because Kobe wouldn’t sag off for anything. Well that was me I fouled him a few times and at the climax I was waiting for him to perform his patented fadeaway I timed it perfect kind of going around to his side and blocking the shot. He fell all over himself and called an intentional foul and told me I couldn’t play anymore, and of course I had some choice words, called him a piss pore sport and accused him of being a bad example of a human being. Needless to say I had to have a talking to by my mission president and got transferred out of the area soon after. Lol.

that quit made me think of that. And by the way I got all ball his *** got all court!! Idiot!!!

Haha I remember as a missionary, we’d play bball with the ward every Monday. The bishop was this slow old completely unathletic bald guy. He was in his 50’s but looked mid to late 60’s, and so stiff in his movements but had the most annoying mid range fade away that was unstoppable, and he never missed. And he was the most competitive dude I’ve ever played against. Me and him got into it one day because I was sick and tired of getting schooled by this old dude that was Curry like, so I decided I was going to stick on him like white on rice and play him physically tough, I mean I ramped it up, I did my best Kobe impersonation on Rodney Hood after Hood went 8-8 at the three line in the first half then after that Kobe only paid attention to hood and hood did very little in the second half because Kobe wouldn’t sag off for anything. Well that was me I fouled him a few times and at the climax I was waiting for him to perform his patented fadeaway I timed it perfect kind of going around to his side and blocking the shot. He fell all over himself and called an intentional foul and told me I couldn’t play anymore, and of course I had some choice words, called him a piss pore sport and accused him of being a bad example of a human being. Needless to say I had to have a talking to by my mission president and got transferred out of the area soon after. Lol.

that quit made me think of that. And by the way I got all ball his *** got all court!! Idiot!!!
Lol.
I enjoyed this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

When I was in high school I played on the church ball team with the elders quorum and the stake president would hoist them up from three and deep. I made a ton of them. He's a fairly small (for basketball) Hispanic dude that you wouldn't expect to see lighting everyone up. He just got called to the seventy and spoke at general conference a couple months ago.

So, which one of the first 3 Brooks fouls wasn't a foul exactly?

I can tell you several of the 4 called on Conley AND the 6 called on Gobert were CLEARLY not fouls. We got a lot tougher whistle in game 1 and it was by Kenny Mauer who often times leads to Jazz losses.

Brooks is physical all the time and the jazz baited him. I expect we will do more of that in game 3. Here fishy fishy.

When I was in high school I played on the church ball team with the elders quorum and the stake president would hoist them up from three and deep. I made a ton of them. He's a fairly small (for basketball) Hispanic dude that you wouldn't expect to see lighting everyone up. He just got called to the seventy and spoke at general conference a couple months ago.
Do you get a salary from the church if you are part of the 70?
What about a stake president? Bishop?

1. There’s a living stipend, yes.
2. No.
3. No.
My dad and my oldest brother were both bishops.
I was living at home when my dad was a bishop. It was like a second job. A lot of work and stress and time. They should get paid imo.
I don't think either of them liked being bishop.