JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Utah organization invited Ja family for the game, ticket, hotel, driver. Classy. Congrats to their FO, Hope this is a good game and that we give the same fight we did at game 1. Go Grizzz!!!

They are so close to beating this team, they can taste it. Just inexperience down the stretch is getting to them. Unless they drastically change their approach to defending the high PnR, I don't see them winning, unless Utah just goes cold from 3, but they can't can't count on that.

For any chance, we need to keep the jazz inside 110 points. We do that we have better chance to win than lose...we gotta contain their 3 point shooting is best path to success

Weirdly I've talked myself into an upset. Let's go Grizz!

Grizzlies in 7 bet the house, the dog and your soul on it!! We got this

Let the team with the most points win!

Unless that's the Jazz, of course.

1st Half

Everything falling for the Jazz.
This isn’t looking good. Time to respond Grizzlies!!

We're getting smoked right now!!!​

Keep fighting fellas!

This game is uh not great

Jazz finally winning on their own.

Memphis playing tight, like they the team with something to lose.

imagine if we could play perimeter defense

Guard the ****ing three dumbass that’s how they win every game it’s so annoying

it’s not looking good rn. Still got faith

This is crazy

Cant do much when the Jazz shoot 80% of their shots from 3. Its these guys first playoff series cut them some slack

Utah winning by made 3s and execution, Person shruggingok. Watching them take WIDE OPEN shots is maddening to say the least, like Snyder as a coach but seeing our young guys hang their head after the hard work put in to get here is cringeworthy. please just stay healthy. We ahead of schedule

Mane, we shot well, 27 in the first. These Utah dudes just can’t miss....

Can’t make a huge comeback unless you fall way behind! We about to make a COMEBACK for the ages!!

47 point first quarter my god

What's "defense" Where can I buy this "defense"?

Not guarding anyone is a bold strategy

Conley dead to me after that 3…dudes just mean!

Jazz going for 200

Grizzlies 1st Quarter Point Differential vs Jazz Game 1: -7 Game 2: -9 Game 3: -12 Game 4: -3 Game 5: -20

I actually thought we were gonna win

this can’t even be blamed on the grizz. there is no way to defend this bs

This was a **** you game from Mitchell and the Jazz.

0 FTs at halftime?!?! Is that forreal? Obviously doesn’t matter at all but the nba really is a joke

Show me a clip where a shooting foul occurred that should have been called. They got 0 FTs because they haven’t driven and drawn a foul.

The fact that an NBA team can go a whole half without attempting a free throw is criminal!!!!!

SEVENTY FIVE.............

I think they hit more 3s in the 1st quarter than we did on the season

Will they ever miss a 3 again?

Holy **** they can’t miss

Hell if they’re gonna shoot 60% from three every game they should beat the **** out of everyone

Well thankfully basketball is a 4 quarter game.

But damn they are hitting those 3's even the contested ones.

These guys aren’t playing like it’s an elimination game. Guard the ****ing 3 point line.

We had to deal with prime Warriors blazing at the 3. Now we get to deal with Jazz blazing at the 3. Just our luck.

Brooks helping off Mitchell has been a disaster. Also we continue to do drop coverage and are getting booty blasted

Wow that’s crazy Mitchell is 7th in playoff PPG minimum 25 career playoff games

Literally all they can do is shoot 3s. Pathetic team

Utah is locked in. They don’t want us to get any sense of life in this game.

I mean holy **** they have to miss eventually

what's it like to be able to score 11 unanswered points in 90 seconds

Holy **** everyone on their team is just cumming threes on our ****ing face

**** all these mother****ers

Gonna be hard to win with the Jazz currently on pace to score about 225 points in this game.

sad grizzly noises

they turned up the 2k sliders to 100

Some of y’all thought we were gonna win tonight lol

I’m still watching but don’t have anything to say.

Can someone explain to me why they have not made an emphasis to guard the perimeter like their life depends on it?

I know no one on this sub wants to hear it, but they have attacked JV and Brooks in the pick roll over and over and it’s killed us early.

This is a nightmare matchup for JV, and Jazz have done a fantastic job of exploiting it all series

Edit: coaches should have tried someting, anything this far into the series. Give me 30 mins of Tillman. Go small and play no center, **** try anything

JV is unplayable, sincerely

our offense isnt even bad right now but theres no way we will keep up with the jazz

Yes JV has been bad, but a wet paper bag would be better at stopping dribble penetration. Really unfair to ask JV to guard the lob and four people driving to the rim

Jazz aren’t even working for their offense. Uncontested 3’s and easy drives to the basket.

80% from 3.

80%!!!

I don't want to see another 3 point shot in my life

Oh nahh this game is over… they beating the **** outta us.

I would trade our next 5 first round picks for the Jazz’s shooting coach.

9/14 from 3.

Ouchy

Hats off to the Jazz. They’re locked in and not messing around. They’re doing what an experienced and veteran led 1st Seed should be doing to a young, inexperienced team whose best player is in his second season and getting his first taste of the post-season

“Grandpapa, what was London like during the blitz?”

“Remember the first quarter of Grizz-Jazz game 5?”

“Yes, grandpapa.”

“It was slightly less bad than that.”

I am 10000% positive Quin Snyder sold his soul for the Jazz. Just look at pics of him a few years ago and now. He looks like a straight up Marvel villain lol

Jazz are such a well coordinated team it’s insane. I don’t know what to say. They are shooting an almost ridiculous amount from three.

They have been playing like they have 5 steph currys.

2014 Spurs with better 3 pt shooting.

Donovan got the best of DB this series, no two ways about it. He deserves to talk trash.

Idc what anyone says. The Jazz are not a fake one seed. Still **** Rudy. But they are so clean with everything on offense and defense. Proud of the young Grizz. We made them work.

I sincerely do not care for Rudy Gobert

Is there a mercy rule? Asking for a friend.

they're literally just running 4 man outside and gobert in. Just let gobert feast on JV, it's better than these 3s right now damn bruh

**** the announcers for acting like it's over. We only need 13 or 14 more runs like that and we're right back in it

Utah has also had like 6 buzzer beater 3’s to end quarters in this series

Are we sure that Dame didn't put on a Jazz jersey?

Mitchell is a monster

Rudy is playing like the grizzlies stole his baguette

At what point can the nba legally call the game

Worst half I’ve seen a favorite team play since Corona. So the worst half I’ve ever seen a favorite team of mine play.

Jesus how many hours of sleep did our starters get last night

Had to hit those dank utah clubs. I hear they show some ankle there and read you little house on the prarie.

Can the jazz make like Rudy’s home country and surrender

2nd Half

Kinda impressed how hyped their crowd gets considering the majority is completely sober

(Oprah in Utah ) "you get a three! you get a three! he gets a three! EVERYBODY GETS A THREE"

And because the Jazz never get fouls called on them they can use them all fouling us in transition.

they throw like 15 passes out of bounds a game and it literally does not matter at all

i am going to insert a bullet into my spinal cord manually if we turn the ball over on the fast break one more time

We can’t make layups and they splash any three

They ****ed us a good one fellas

Utah does a great job with timeouts and intentional fouls to interrupt even our smallest runs.

Mitchell running into an outstretched hand is a nice way for me to at least laugh at the jazz for something tonight

Post Game

#1 team in the league firing on all cylinders. They could have beat ANY team tonight.

The Utah Jazz opened the game historically. They had the second most points in a quarter in playoff history and tied for most threes made in a quarter in playoff history. The 47 points were also the most for any quarter in franchise history. Even crazier is that the Grizz shot 50% from the field and ended the quarter down 20.

Memphis got it down to 15 at one point in the second quarter, and it seemed as if they could hang despite the early onslaught. Utah did what they have done all series and answered a Grizz run with a three, followed by a run of their own. The first half ended with a fade away Mitchell three at the buzzer putting the Jazz up 24.

The team never quit, they just didn’t have it. Honestly, Jordan’s Bulls weren’t beating the Jazz on this night. Despite a disappointing close to the season, this team was far from a disappointment and would deserve a standing ovation from the Forum were this loss at home.

You do know the Jazz had 60 points in the paint vs 52 for the Grizzlies tonight....

Stinks to lose to such an unlikable team but they had incredible offense the whole series we couldn’t match. Good season to even be in the playoffs tho

I'm going to be very upset if the Jazz go on to shoot 30% from three for the rest of the way because they just giga dumped all their fireballs on our forehead.

Mike getting a ring is the only good outcome for me moving forward so go Jazz I guess.

lol mitchell is for sure going to shoot like 6/25 in every game next series and I'm going to have multiple seizures

Positives:

We won a game unlike The Heat

We lasted longer than the Heat, Celtics, Wizards and Knicks

Negatives:

Utah Jazz are mean. I mean sure they are the best in the West but they are still mean.

So pathetic we just beat you 4 straight. Such a terrible excuse for a team, amirite?
they throw like 15 passes out of bounds a game and it literally does not matter at all
Yeah let's hope the second part stays true because we know the first part ain't changing
I'm going to be very upset if the Jazz go on to shoot 30% from three for the rest of the way because they just giga dumped all their fireballs on our forehead.
Believe me pal, so will we.

That was some funny stuff. Several chuckles.

"Can’t make a huge comeback unless you fall way behind! We about to make a COMEBACK for the ages!!"

"sad grizzly noises"

"I don't want to see another 3 point shot in my life"

"Is there a mercy rule? Asking for a friend."

"Had to hit those dank utah clubs. I hear they show some ankle there and read you little house on the prarie."

(Oprah in Utah ) "you get a three! you get a three! he gets a three! EVERYBODY GETS A THREE"

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
“Had to hit those dank utah clubs. I hear they show some ankle there and read you little house on the prarie.”

“Can the jazz make like Rudy’s home country and surrender”

not gonna lie, ending the 1st half comments with those is equivalent to Mitchell’s buzzer beating 3.

Last edited:
0 FTs at halftime?!?! Is that forreal? Obviously doesn’t matter at all but the nba really is a joke
The NBA is a joke because the jazz played sound foul-less ball? Hmmmm
Show me a clip where a shooting foul occurred that should have been called. They got 0 FTs because they haven’t driven and drawn a foul.
There are smart well adjusted fans in Memphis.
The fact that an NBA team can go a whole half without attempting a free throw is criminal!!!!!
But not many I guess
You do realize the jazz had 60 points to the griz 52, right, but you’re right, all the jazz do is shoot threes, idiot!!
they turned up the 2k sliders to 100
ROTFL. This brings back fond childhood memories. Lol
i am going to insert a bullet into my spinal cord manually if we turn the ball over on the fast break one more time
Quick!! What’s the # for 9-1-1?
The team never quit, they just didn’t have it. Honestly, Jordan’s Bulls weren’t beating the Jazz on this night. Despite a disappointing close to the season, this team was far from a disappointment and would deserve a standing ovation from the Forum were this loss at home.
I’m probably the biggest 90’s homer here, and all of those 90’s jazz teams would’ve been slaughtered by last nights team.
Mike getting a ring is the only good outcome for me moving forward so go Jazz I guess.
Ok, I’m feeling charitable, I guess I can do that.
Speaking of Grizzlies, whatever happened to the Jazz bear? lolI feel sorry for anyone who took this advice. Losing your dog is heartbreaking.
I don’t think any team has used mascots since Covid. I’m guessing Bear will be back next year, I mean I haven’t been to any games since before Covid, maybe I’m wrong.