What's new

Quotes from Grizzlies' forums-"Rudy Gobert looks like one of those giant crayons"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

With the Grizzlies having Utah First Round Draft pick this year and a Win by Memphis will help move our Grizzlies higher up in the this years draft .Makes this is a MUST WIN

I don't like these long periods between games. I assume we'll see the guys we rested back for this one as they'll have had a full week off at that point. Don't want to get rusty either.

Grizz are underdogs in all the betting pools. With how hot we are and how cold the Jazz are, easy money, just sayin…

****ing bogdonavic turns into Steph curry everytime we play Utah

1st Half

lucky to be down only 5. Our offense was really funky.

We have been very fortunate that they've missed a ton of bunnies.

If we start to make the easy ones we will blow them out.

I wish Jaren would attack the rim like that every game

I swear we don’t play as well with multiple days rest better with one day game one day rest

Since Steven Adams is being left wide open by Gobert it essentially allows an extra man to guard someone if Steven is only looking to pass

That’s the most beautiful missed dunk I’ve ever seen

Damn Quinn Snyder looks dishevelled.

wow clarkson

that was actually sick lol

Why they keep letting guards switch onto Gobert

Our defense is SUFFOCATING

Jazz with the elevator screen, and Conley goes through the open door for the lay up. Just like Snyder drew it up in the timeout.

Jazz will be a tough out in the playoffs

You don't even notice when Rudy Gay is on the floor anymore. Kind of sad.

2nd Half

Wow from mortgage paid off to a $250 gift card to $50

Man, sure feels like a ton of uncalled contact going to the rim...

Man, I blame all the internet hate directed the Jazz's way because they are playing way too hard right now for my liking.

They're paint defense is really killing us. They're contesting all the shots, altering them, and rushing them too, taking Tyus and BC out of their rhythm even when they have a shot.

We don’t deserve to win this game the way we are playing. Holy **** it’s ugly. **** the jazz.

Something tells me donovan isn’t gonna go 1/9 in the second half

Jaren shoots like 90% on clutch threes

Ok, Whiteside and O’Neal have been holding our guys arms down during rebounds the last several possessions and they’re not calling it. Meanwhile, they foul their own players and get free throws

god the jazz are so trash. they just play to the refs on both sides of the court

They are calling some soft contact against us but the Jazz are getting away with an uncalled foul on almost every possession

Shots are not dropping, but we are still right there! Lets go Grizz

Refs didn’t give them ANY calls in the second half. Grizz got cheated!

Whiteside Owning Jaren in the paint. JJJ not being smart here.

Wow… can’t believe he missed the finger roll……

What a wild finish to the qtr to tie the game.

What the Frick where was our rebounder on those last possessions? It was like jaren an a bunch of guards out there an jaren was shooting threes

Gotta atleast put the jitty down there if nothing else

So no rebounders in OT. Im not a nba coach but it seems weird

Jaren got us into the OT and he's taking us right out of it too. lol

I'm not too upset because the game meant nothing....it's just that I really dislike the Utah players and fans.

Clarkson looks like a hydro dipped 12 yo

These refs must be unaware of the over the back foul or something because it’s the only way the Jazz are able to get any rebounds at all tonight

the more the Jazz go up, the likelier we'll have a come-back win

OT prediction: refs, refs and more refs

Bruh… gobert is just such an easy player to just hate. I loathe that guy passionately.

clarkson has unlimited swag

I want adams to put Clarkson in a shoe box and throw him down some stairs.

Half - Tied

End of 3rd - Tied

End of 4th - Tied

What a ****in game!

****ing 7 footer gets blocked more than anyone else on the team

Danuel House vs Grizz >> prime Steph Curry

What is a rebound?

Hot take: Rudy Gobert is the difference between being a strong player and a tough player

Been completely outplayed and still very much in this thing

Steve O said **** y'all free chicken sandwiches

Wonder what Donovan thinks about when he closes his eyes before those FTs. Mmmmm

Jordan clarkson probably the fakest good at basketball dude I’ve ever seen lol

What in the name of Joseph Smith is going on?!?!

Bro why do they keep making bane go in ****ing Rudy

Lol camera just showed the 2 whitest guys in America high five behind Jenkins

I ****ing hate bogdonabitch honestly. This whole team is just hateable. Between Mitchell, gobert, bogdonabitch, Clarkson, they’re all just so obnoxious.

Do they Grizzlies get free chicken now?

Going off this OT period, we may never get a rebound again

Rudy Gobert looks like one of those giant crayons

Post Game

Utah struggled, if Ja and Dillon were playing, it's a W for Memphis. They fought hard, nothing to be mad about. They needed more than us. Great game, onto the next one

jaren was definitely gassed in OT for what it's worth but even then the offensive flow just wasn't there

Rudy gobert is a good basketball player, this is coming from an honest Memphis fan btw

I love how animated everyone is over ONE Memphis loss. We've been rolling through the best of the league with our bench people. Memphis playing for a World championship this year. Bet that

Exactly. And for me facing Denver is the best choice.

- Utah got plenty of talent. If they stop their internal drama, they are better than us. Plus Mike factor.

- Minessota is not as good but KAT creat us problem much of games and Russell seems to shine every time he play against us.

- Denver get Jokic but without Murray and Porter Jr, they are playable.

I’m so confused what happened to Adams lol.

Run to the buses and get the hell out of Utah right the **** now

Gobert and Whiteside are legit rim protectors.

41% from 3 and 38% from the field. That's an anomaly that tells quite the story of the night.

Just a reminder that the Jazz won 4 straight against these guys when Donovan returned, despite Ja putting up 35+ most nights. I get that Desmond Bane is better this year, and that makes a difference, but the key to a series would be how JJJ plays at the 5, imo.

As a Grizz and Jazz fan, i am probably the most objective here. We were lucky to win this one and they play without Ja and Brooks. But i still believe that Jazz are sligthly better than Grizz right now if they play 100%.