What's new

Quotes from Mavs' forums-"Donovan Mitchell probably gets fouled in pillow fights too"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

OUT:

Luka
KP
THJ
Kleber
Bullock
Burke
WCS
Omoruyi
McLaughlin

Jazz have only Azubuike and Kitts out

Gonna be a real fun game

Man I miss Luka

KP gonna have to drop 40 for us to have a prayer

Utah is barely missing anybody, that's not fair

****ing annoying that the Suns and Jazz aren’t dealing with Covid protocols just because they aren’t testing anyone

1st Half

We were winning 30-14

Am I the only one that thinks it’s crazy how the jazz have almost no covid problems?

it was fun having the lead

You know how often we blow 10+ point leads right?

Haven’t been able to tune in until now, someone tell me how the replacement Mavs are up by 13 on the healthy Jazz.

I am very much enjoying this Island of Misfit Mavericks team

30+ in the first quarter. can we play our g league guys more often?

how in the world did 4-10day contracts players + moses play better zone D than our starters.

Pretty crazy how good some players can be when they’re fighting for a contract

Love that ESPN quality broadcast with the sound a half a second earlier than the visual. Just beautiful.

Multibillion broadcasting company giving amateur quality broadcast

And just like that we suck again. I think the world ending apocalypse would happen if these guys actually held on to a lead they built.

Eject Ingles, **** Australia!!!

We're out here struggling to hit shots and then Clarkson makes that...

I don’t like jazz fans. They’re annoying

i am getting incredibly mad with the sound being off sync

Mitchell gets every ****ing foul call wtf

Double team mitchell, we are getting lucky he hasn't started getting his three's smoove on yet, when he does.. were getting blowed out

Props to these 10 day contract players playing hard like the Bucks game but please win. Sick of losing

Tell the refs to get outta Mitchell's pockets and we might actually win

The moral of the story is, without Luka you’re the Bulls without Jordan

Who cares, it’s Christmas. Mavs B team shouldn’t be beating the Jazz anyways.

Shoutout to the Mavs mop-up crew for taking the game to the wire with supposedly one of the best teams in the NBA !

Love seeing Mitchell celebrate like he just won a championship, after barely beating a high school squad.

Merry Christmas admin, I’m just glad i don’t live in Utah. That’s what really matters.

just didn’t make enough shots down the stretch unfortunately but a good effort

KP 28% on threes but keep shooting them, big fella

A majority of the time KP is clumsy

The officiating has been horrible. No flow to the game.

another game another disastrous 4th quarter..

I swear you can always tell the moment I start watching these games
Tuned in at 28-14

Whats the difference between Mitchell and the rest of the league? When you sneeze at the rest of the league,they go into H&S protocols, Mitchell goes to the FT line.

I see we have reached the part of the game where they target Porzingis in every pick and roll. Let’s see how he holds up. He got away with playing too soft a second ago.

2nd Half

These Utah fans are cheering like we're not missing 6 players in Covid lol

Donovan Mitchell turning into Dwayne Wade with all these phantom foul calls

another game another disastrous 4th quarter..

Touch a jazz player and it’s a foul

Stocktons assist record is truly insane

We need a Mailman for luka

Jazz fans found snyders coke supply tonight

You literally can’t touch Mitchell my god

unbiased watching this game. is utah usually this unlikeable...tons of complain and **** talk when they are playing bunch of scrubs. mitchell also acting like he's having a flu game or some ****...just wanted to say i'm wit y'all...***** corny

Dwight Powell HAS to be traded and truly don’t care what we get back

How is pulling the chair on Patient Zero a foul?

Dwight Powell trying to take Gobert 1 on 1. I've seen it all

has any team ever missed one bail out 3 against us? ever?

Jazz fans excited to see anything that makes them forget that they live in Utah

How do the Jazz have so many good players.....

29% from three....when is the last time they shot over 30% for a game?

Honestly would the Mavs have played any better if they had their normal roster all here?

4th quarter brunson is back on the menu boys

also, KP is literally the last person i. the league who should be afraid to attack gobert… why he won’t go up is beyond me

God shut the **** up Jazz crowd you insufferable idiots

Mitchell with the Harden/Wade kinda game tonight

Will there be a possession in the fourth without a foul?

That Brunson 5x turnover sequence ended with a Joe Ingles YMCA roll in lay up followed by a stare down on Dwight Powell was.. something else

I swear I have had enough of Powell, I have developed a twitch everytime I see him.

Jazz fans want this game to last as long as possible bc they know they have to go back out into Salt Lake City after it ends

“Yeah man I took my family on vacation to Salt Late City, Utah!” - said no one ever

$62.5 Mil wrapped up in those three damned former Knicks.

I am so sick of Porzingis. Even when he plays halfway well, I just hate watching him so much.

Inevitable collapse like a flan in a cupboard

Sound engineer running this game needs to be fired

Post Game

Great effort for only having at most 3 playoff-rotation players available.

Congrats

to the Jazz on beating the Mavs JV team. You got all you could handle!

Mavs now is like aunt may in movie 2nd half smh

With Luka: 12-9 (0.571, would be 5th in the West)

Without Luka: 3-8 (0.272, 3rd worst in the NBA)

Utah is a bad city

Mitchell flinging the ball 40 feet in the air after barely beating a team with 10 guys out was kind of hilarious

I know this is salty but I hope the Jazz never win anything

Its oficial.Utah Jazz are new Miami Heat.

Bunch of clowns.Acting like they won damn ring against us :D

*** Mitchel *** refs

72 combined free throws… my god

Just waiting for the confetti to fall from the ceiling, the champagne to be popped and the trophy to be hoisted the way these fans and some Jazz players are acting

the **** are these foul calls I feel like I'm in a Utah daycare with all the crying.

Mitchell really is like Wade. Half his work comes from free throws off of soft ****ing foul calls.

Man I swear these Jazz players are skipping Covid test or something

Pretty easy recipe for the Jazz…just let anybody but JB/KP shoot since everyone sucks ***

Isn’t watching basketball on Christmas against Mormon tradition or something man idk **** this

Mother****ers better be glad Luka isn't on the court

That place is so ****ing loud

So many free throws this is torture

"They just went full Chernobyl in here"

Ok RJ, I'll give you that one. That had me chuckling

Congrats UTAH. You beat a vaunted Mavs squad. Now go **** yourselves.

lmao Joe Ingles just mean mugged KP after the slowest floater in history. get the **** out with that

Utah got a clean court and Jersey

this what happens when you dont involve anyone and 1 person dribble the ball the entire possession on every possession, once they go cold and u need someone else to step up, everyone else is even more cold than them.

Donovan Mitchell probably gets fouled in pillow fights too

Yeah that's obvious but NBA and the networks won't touch that w a ten foot pole. If it came up on the broadcast i missed it. But it's blatantly obvious teams like Sun Heat and Jazz are saying screw the protocols.

The thing about Brown and Powell is if the Mavs dont want them who will trade for them lol

KP is soft, not clutch.

Big potato porzingis go train your free throw , dumb shooter

Theres still time for the Mavs to improve. So i hope Luka comes back healthy and in shape. Still think Kidd isnt the right coach either though. And Moses minutes need to go up and Powells need to go down.

The new guys are playing with a lot of heart, KP is actually doing alot better and going for post up scores, but still losing at the end of the night. It's just frustrating to see.

Impressed with Kidd's coaching ability to make these Mavs misfits competitive.

Win or lose, I've never been more proud of this squad of misfits than I have in these last few games. These players seem more committed to playing for the team than the opening day roster.

Lol it is laughable that we’ve inserted like 5 G-League players and are playing as good as our full healthy team would play. Wtf is our roster

Can we ever just win a game that we play well in?

We have no shooters when we're fully loaded and have less when we're not fully loaded.

Donovan Mitchell is the new Dwayne Wade.

I wish we’d just get blown out. I hate they keep making me feel like we have a chance for some crazy storybook win when all hope was lost then they just abandon ship in the fourth

Donovan Mitchells attitude is so hilarious. He hasnt improved at all since his rookie season where he lost to Ben Simmons for ROTY. He averages 5 assists with one of the best shooting supporting casts in the game. Just one of those one dimensional point guards who relies on explosiveness and getting calls lmao, can’t wait to see his career pan out and flourish

Ball doesn't move, it's just dribble dribble dribble dribble shoot/pass

I’d give just about anything to have Gobert

Clarkson looks like he's got some sort of liver disease lol... that man yellow..

Did Whiteside want to sign with a contender or did the Mavs just not even take a look?

Reminder that Jazz is called **** in the Star Wars universe

i hate this loser *** team. there are three teams that i can’t ****ing stand in the nba and they are the suns, clippers, and jazz. i feel like we can’t ever succeed vs those ****s fr

““Yeah man I took my family on vacation to Salt Late City, Utah!” - said no one ever””
Agree, I’ve never heard anyone talk about going to Salt Late City for any reason

“Just one of those one dimensional point guards who relies on explosiveness and getting calls lmao, can’t wait to see his career pan out and flourish”
Again agree, I mean, it already has but ok

“Big potato porzingis go train your free throw , dumb shooter”
Drunk posts are the best

Yeah man I took my family on vacation to Salt Late City, Utah!” - said no one ever””
Agree, I’ve never heard anyone talk about going to Salt Late City for any reason
The Olympics in 2002? I think we had people from all over the world visit. And if we ever get the allstar game again you know a bunch of those idiots are coming. Lol, so the joke’s on them!!

"Love that ESPN quality broadcast with the sound a half a second earlier than the visual. Just beautiful."

Lol I thought this was just my feed lagging.

““Yeah man I took my family on vacation to Salt Late City, Utah!” - said no one ever””
Agree, I’ve never heard anyone talk about going to Salt Late City for any reason"...

Realistically, 10s of thousands come to SLC every year just for the skiing, not to mention the Mormon tourism. It's just another way of people justifying why they should feel superior to Utahns, whom they equate with members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Would anyone say this about Detroit? OKC? Sacramento? Minnesota? Pick any other small market team and fans likely won't feel the need to put down the city/state to justify why they feel so bad.

Sent from my CPH1907 using JazzFanz mobile app

They act like we don’t know they are missing a **** ton of guys. I guess the whole arena should be silent any time the jazz do anything positive.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Evidently if the other team is missing players it is bad form to cheer or want a victory.

yeah a few bad apples like most fan bases but overall rather amusing. Got a kick out of “Island of Misfit Mavericks” and “an apocalypse” if they ever hung onto a lead. And truthfully if you lived in a dust bowel you might try to denigrate a nice place like SLC as well.

Those guys seem to really dislike whining players who get all the calls. Must be hard to root for Luka..