What's new

Quotes from Pelicans forums (II)-"Might as well give Mardi Gras to Utah also they earned it"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Zion bout to make Walker a Sitter

I remember when we lost to Utah two times in a row last season, even with Zion playing. So depressing considering those 2 games had huge implications for the playoff race. If they blow this one, it will speak volumes about how serious they are as a team.

If we win tonight I will retroactively give them a break for Saturday given that they were probably exhausted from the B2B/travel/time zone change.

I'm ready to lose tonight. This team just has our number. I'm not going to over react, every team has a tank team that gives them trouble, and we are still missing 3 of our best three point shooters.

We are 0-3 with me in attendance so far the past couple of years so I need a win here to keep me from concluding that I am the issue

bruh there's no way we gettin cooked by utah again

This has to be the day we finally win at Utah. 0 excuses with Lauri M out

Should have absolutely won last game. There's no excuse for another loss to this trash team again tonight. None.

Zion dropping 40 and WILL posterize Kessler. This is a G league lineup

Kessler owns the frick out of us. Him and Dylan Brooks. fricking wreck us

This is a good litmus test. Even if Markkanen and Clarkson play we should probably win this game, and it’s against a team who has given us fits recently
Gotta come out early and show the difference in class
ETA: Just saw Markkanen is out
I don’t like to throw must win around, but this is close

Damn those jazz unis are clean ...Utah is the furthest thing from jazz

Utah wearing the Jazz throwback against New Orleans is such a slap in the face. Frick that franchise.

We're absolutely fricking gonna lose to them. Utah against us is Bama against LSU.

1st Half

BOYZ are getting worked by the jazz lol

Hawk should be in the starting lineup hes a great shooter

Tell dyson to stay in Utah

getting cooked by no names

Yurtseven is cooking JV on the boards

I love when Ingram finally gets to the rim but instead of absorbing contact and going for a layup he takes a step back fade from 6 feet out lmao

Smart defense to just keep giving up wide open 3s

Kessler is already better than Gobert.

JV can't catch a cold, hands made of butter

Bro no ****ing way Clarkson hit that after Sextin hit that other crazy shot last game. **** the Jazz

What is it about Utah that makes our guys play so poorly?

Can we talk about how weird it is to see a team be called the Jazz and wear Mardi gras colors yet they're in ****ing Utah? It's still so ridiculous

It sucks so much to be down to a team cosplaying as us

I dont get how we’re losing to them again

Kelly Olynik is abusing Zion off the dribble. It’s sad.

Utah simply has more athletic players all-around. Bigs that can run and team D.

so tired of guys having their best shooting nights against us

Watching dyson and naji shoot 3s is a death sentence

Guard the 3 better and please stop letting half these players shoot

Why does this team become the Harlem globetrotters against the jazz

Jazz Turing into 1990s bulls when they playing us

Why don’t we play defense like we do agains the clippers and nuggets but can’t defend the jazz.

They messed up letting us catch our stride before the end of the half

Stronger 2nd quarter. Put these bums to sleep

What happened to Ingram ? He smoked to much before the Game ?? Only 2 points shame

2nd Half

Poverty franchise losing to a bunch of randoms again

THE JAZZ LITERALLY GOT LIKE 7 FOUL CALLS IN A ROW, WHAT IS THIS OFFICIATING BRO WTF

Someone's gotta make a damn 3

i cant wait to leave utah bruh

This **** *** team has our number for some reason. I still expect us to win this game though

Playing the Jazz always reminds us how bad our shooting and rebounding is

Nance has been awful my god

Foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul and foul. And foul. And foul.

We are ******* again let’s go!!!!!

Beat these mfers man

How many times are we going to watch Kessler dunk the ball before we do something different?

Wtf is a Fontecchio and why are we losing to it?

Kessler is just eating our lunch

I don't trust Olynyk guarding Zion, he's too dirty

Zion Williamson, great offensively, atrocious defensively

can we PLEASE FEED JV AND ZION WITH KESSLER OUT

this is getting hard to watch jesus. I ****ing hate Utah.

We need to burn this building down and salt the earth when they leave SLC

I think a vibrator strapped to an expo marker could draw up better plays than Willie.

The whole Jazz team is camping in the paint and we’re still getting beat on the fast break

Dyson can guard Luka, Kyrie and Fox but gets killed by Clarkson, Sexton and Keyonte George

We're gonna lose to ****in Utah again. This team is hot *** and doesn't even have their best player.

Why does offense look so ****ing easy for everyone but us????

Do we have any offensive plays we run? Just looks like ISO ball with four guys standing around doing nothing

****in Keynote George on the Utah ****ing Jazz gets a better whistle than any of our players

Jazz are making ridiculous shots, over and over. 90% of touch fouls are going against us. Can’t hit a ****’n free throw.

Pretty sure the Jazz just have divine intervention on their side every single time they play us. SMH.

Mormonism works, apparently

how can we be losing to damn Jazz bro?

no way we losing that to soft jazz bro

I would pay a ton of money to have kessler on my team

Can’t wait for the jazz to ace another 20 fts in the 4th because anytime we go near them the refs Blow up

Stop letting them have these dang runs.. What are yall doing?? Get it together.. Push

We need a point guard out there that will shoot better than Dyson. **** man he’s gonna cost us the game.

Jazz got one with this George kid

yeah please just ****ing feed jonas until kessler comes back in it's literally unguaradable

Fontechio getting calls Zion would never get smh

CAN SOMEBODY ****ING GUARD FONTECCHIO MANNNNN

It is mind-blowing to watch other teams just rain threes on us while we spend so much effort to get 2.

Kessler is killing us

Kessler plays defense like the one big kid on the playground. Sheesh

perfect that the Utah Jazz makes sure to play the whitest song ever. Give us our name back!

Why can we never beat the jazz lol

How about we defend the 3 ball because the jazz are playing like the prime splash brothers?

So we about to lose to Utah again.. A team wayyy under. 500.. As if the Saints ain't crushed us enough. ‍♀️♀️ Get it together, Geessh

We hit a 2, they hit a 3. Rinse and repeat.

Why can’t we beat this team?

It’s ridiculous how bad we are in Utah. We’re really losing to this g-league team again

Love how we’re shooting midrange jumpers while they shoot 3s

Jesus christ .. same freakin ***** every time

Constantly running at the rim and then throwing it back out repeating cause everyone is scared to take a shot

Please for the love of God play faster..

We are much shorter and have way less shooting. Very bad combo

We can not beat these mothaf***as for ****

WTF is it with Pels playing in Utah, look like ****

Jazz morphed into the 2016 warriors here at the end, course they did

"Yurtseven" sounds like that Missy Elliot song

We are literally scared to shoot 3s lol it's pitiful

Ingram has 7 seconds left and thinks a contested 20 footer is the best shot... Never fails.

We're getting killed on the glass by a team that consistently plays multiple 6'10+ players and Jonas is going to play sub 30 minutes.

ugh this last loss I can understand. But this one is going to be really really bad. Zion, Ingram and a team full of gleaguers should beat this jazz team. Not sure if thats more of an indictment of the star or the role players

Would love to see Willie's clipboard during that timeout
"Alright we're gonna get the ball in to BI, he's gonna dribble for 9 seconds and then heave a fallaway contested jumper"

It’s crazy to me that our MVP level star can’t or won’t get into game shape.

We keep trying to make BI Batman. Hes Robbin at best but likely Alfred. Hes a nice piece but we’re trying to give him that killer instinct that he doesn’t have. You don’t developed that. You’re born with it.

Post-Game

And Brandon Ingram misses another late game shot to tie or win the game. That’s 5 just this year. I’d rather have Val attempt a 3 at the end of the game from here on out.

The reason was kessler. Guy has been our kryptonite tonight blocking/impacting alot of our shots.
Zion probably felt he couldnt get a good shot off and i agree he wouldn’t have if he didnt pass it out.
Good save imo, but willy has to account for Kessler

Hahahahha just epic loss once again, typical Pels i love it

How sad is it that we all think our rookie is our only clutch player

Don't worry guys, IF we stay healthy that 10th spot is waiting for us!

Back to back losses vs the jazz might be the worst feat in Pels history. I mean i thought we were good but clearly we got a lot of work to do

uh the guy who leads the jazz in 3pt attempts and is easily their best shooter and player just in general didnt play tonight. they still shot damn near 50 3s. whether trey and cj are playing or not, the team needs to be taking significantly more 3s

One day, I dream that Zion Williamson will get the same whistle as rookie 16th pick, Keyonte George

New Orleans has two multi talented, underachieving, poorly coached professional teams.

And yet another loss to the Jazz

Crushing the Kings twice in a row and getting bodied by the Jazz twice in a row lol.

This team is gonna put me on heart medication I stg

Kessler must have 17 blocks I stg

Whatever basketball god decided to injure all of our shooters need to be struck from the heavens and trodden underfoot

The Ingram no Zion minutes have been horrible today.

Jazz Dancers are nice.

Ingram will be pad many millions next year to just refuse to take a 3, just to take the worst 2s you will ever see

Imagine if your whole team of nba players could shoot like an nba player. Couldn’t be New Orleans

Utah only good in their home floor just give your A game always when you facing utah at salt lake city

Swept by a 4 win team

Played way down to the competition 2 games in a row… should have been 2 wins

BI clutch 1 outa 10 times

Jazz shot 48 3 pointers.

When I tell you that game pissed me off, ruined my night

Didn’t even want to rebound and can’t make free throws , recipe for losing

Pels overrated trash TBH

outmatched by a 5-11 undermanned team. Good job

Jazz own us!

Y'all did everything you could to lose tonight againts that G-League team

IMAGINE IF THE JAZZ DIDN’T GET 70 FOUL CALLS WE WOULD’VE BLOWN THEM OUT, EMBIID 20 FREE THEOWS INCOMING NEXT GAME LET’S GOOOO

I’d advise everyone to do anything except watch this game…

Can someone in this organization explain to us why we suck when it comes to the Jazz

Haven’t beat Utah since we had Devonte

Might as well give Mardi Gras to Utah also they earned it

No way they should lose to that team back to back.

WE HAD 7 THREE POINTERS. 7!!! WE SAID WE WANTED THE JAZZ NAME BACK NOT THAT WE WANTED TO PLAY LIKE THEY DID BACK IN NEW ORLEANS BEFORE THE GODDAMN THREE POINT LINE WAS INVENTED

WE LOST A GENRE OF MUSIC, YES I REPEAT, WE LOST TO A GENRE OF MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ICANT

I wish I could explain how bad we are coached

This is why we can’t have nice things

This Utah team celebrated & disrespected the history of New Orleans basketball tonight and the Pels showed them how much they should disrespect us — just another day

Is this the doinked 20 footer BI took with 7 seconds left? The one where he had a clear path to go to the basket?

Year after year

BI just dont got it in him. you hate to see it

Ingram plays such a selfish style of basketball, his stats will never translate to wins. He doesn’t get anyone involved, ya need to trade him and get Zion more help or trade Zion and build with Ingram but those 2 suck on the same court

Lost to a team of backups. Cmon guys can’t happen. These games kill us at end of the year . Beat

The Jazz simply have the Pels' number.

the best teams and lose to the crappy teams. Make it make sense

You can beat the nuggets, the mavs, and the kings but you can’t beat the bum *** jazz

We let them beat us with the New Orleans jazz jerseys. Unserious.

Hello .500 my old friend

Man we can’t win if they have 17 to our 7 threes. Live and die by the midrange with us. We got a tough *** game Wednesday

This one might make me cancel my league pass.

Disgusted. A third of the Jazz's wins are against us. The first game had excuses. This one has none.

No more excuses the Jazz kick our *** everytime

look at the 3s attempted. 48 3s for the Jazz to 22 for the Pels.

You CANNOT win in the modern NBA with a disparity like that. 3s are so much more efficient than 2s that it literally didnt matter if the Jazz had a horrible roster out there tonight. The sheer 3 point volume led them to victory..

Something has to change

Losing 2 games to Utah without Markannen is two games we’ll look at in a few months and seriously regret letting these ones slip away.

What a miserable ****ing showing. This team has baffled me for ten years.

Dropping 2 to the sinking Jazz in a tight western conference is ****ing sickening. Was this another game where we just never used a challenge?

I'm not sure how BI could've taken a worse shot if it was his goal to do so

I’m sick of these dorks in Utah ruining my f***ing evenings

I have no words man. This is ****ing stupid.

MORMONS CANT EVEN LISTEN TO JAZZ

Kessler bothered a few of his shots so he was hesitant. BI needed to make himself avaialbe on that last play by relocating into the passing lane

Lots of overreaction while the **** still hurts. Utah smoked us last season, too. we do not match up with them and they always have our number. We are missing our shooters and that's what we needed tonight. We will be fine. Rotations and staying healthy have been our biggest issues. Pels stacked.

can we trade for jordan clarkson and kelly olynck? we need shooting off the bench, larry is a negative on offence, jose is not a shooter (took 0 3s today), same with dyson

68% from the charity stripe…this is a poorly coached team that regularly fails at the fundamentals of the game.

God what the **** is this team? Just as it looks like we're turning the corner we drop two to the ****in Utah Jazz. Just so weird man, string something together ffs.

Quotes from around the league

The Utah Jazz literally own your franchise even without Lauri and with Zion that’s crazy

the jazz always beat the pelicans because the jazz exploit how willie green coaches. look at the 3 point disparity. 48 3s for the Jazz, 22 for the pelicans.

These are awesome (and kinda sad). My favs:

"Can we talk about how weird it is to see a team be called the Jazz and wear Mardi gras colors yet they're in ****ing Utah? It's still so ridiculous"

"It sucks so much to be down to a team cosplaying as us"

We're absolutely fricking gonna lose to them. Utah against us is Bama against LSU.

Utah simply has more athletic players all-around. Bigs that can run and team D.
See how easy that was? Where was that after Saturday?

Can we talk about how weird it is to see a team be called the Jazz and wear Mardi gras colors yet they're in ****ing Utah? It's still so ridiculous

Glad to see that these Pel fans haven’t lost their sense of humor. :p

These are awesome (and kinda sad). My favs:

"Can we talk about how weird it is to see a team be called the Jazz and wear Mardi gras colors yet they're in ****ing Utah? It's still so ridiculous"

"It sucks so much to be down to a team cosplaying as us"
I feel like repeating "there is no jazz in Utah" 3-4 (or more) times per season for 20 years is more than a little unimaginative. It's like a girlfriend they never got over.

Reactions: hgb
Lots of complaining about refereeing. Didn't see anything egregious at all, really. Overall I thought it was a well officiated game.
Not the highest caliber quotes this time around, but did like a couple:
Might as well give Mardi Gras to Utah also they earned it

We keep trying to make BI Batman. Hes Robbin at best but likely Alfred. Hes a nice piece but we’re trying to give him that killer instinct that he doesn’t have. You don’t developed that. You’re born with it.

Wtf is a Fontecchio and why are we losing to it?

"Jazz Dancers are nice." Finally someone enjoys a nice bowl of vanilla!
Most of the people who will say something to me in New Orleans are aged 55+. As they remember the name being theirs. Makes me wonder how old the dudes are in these quotes. Like a bunch of geriatrics figured out a game thread?

They don't show up when they're team is good. As stated by many of the fans. They only care about the Saints amd LSU. The only real chance to get the name back imo was when Charlotte was the bobcats. We take that, give NO the Jazz, they give CHA the Hornets. But meh. If it wasn't wonkey af name/location we wouldn't have John Cleese as a fan. Which I'm damn proud of.

They don't show up when they're team is good. As stated by many of the fans. They only care about the Saints amd LSU. The only real chance to get the name back imo was when Charlotte was the bobcats. We take that, give NO the Jazz, they give CHA the Hornets. But meh. If it wasn't wonkey af name/location we wouldn't have John Cleese as a fan. Which I'm damn proud of.
It's not much different than the Lakers keeping that name when they moved from Minnesota.

Cleese is a Utah Jazz fan? “The meaning of Life”, “Life of Brian” wow, the man is a walking talking Comedy Icon!!!!

I am honestly not too impressed with Zion. His effort on D largely neutralizes his powerful offensive game and he gets hurt too often. I know he is better when he is surrounded by better shooters, but still not a fan. Never been a fan of Ingram.

As far as team name, they should have picked something better than Pelicans. If that was my team's moniker I'd complain too. Worst name in the NBA IMO.

Off the top of my head, better names would have been:
Voodoo
Hoodoo
Jesters
Wraiths
Shadows
Brass
Hurricanes
Skulls
Cajuns
Rebels
Blues
Mormons (the NoMos)

Last edited:
Utah wearing the Jazz throwback against New Orleans is such a slap in the face. Frick that franchise.
Theses uniforms have never been worn by your current ****** *** franchise.
Still us. The Pels. have no connection or history to the jazz.
perfect that the Utah Jazz makes sure to play the whitest song ever. Give us our name back!
Can’t give something back a team never had. The jazz name has never left it’s current team.
Jazz own us!
So, if we own you what flame do you even have to OUR name? I’ll wait!!
This Utah team celebrated & disrespected the history of New Orleans basketball tonight and the Pels showed them how much they should disrespect us — just another day
No!! We celebrated our team’s history, idiot!!

I would've thought Kessler had more than two blocks based on these comments.