What's new

Quotes from Rockets' forums-"Lauri looking like a tanless Dolph Lungren with a Jeri curl. Calmly scoring at will"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

When you say “let’s try to get the W” do you mean Wemby?

I basically forgot that Tate was on the team

Just thinking back to that 2020 season when a couple of us wanted Lauri. Those that know ball said, he is a defensive liability.Can't score consistently.
Goes to show what a change of scenery/ new system can do to the dedicated. Good for him.

Wondering why I even watch these games. I have become a masochist.

The Jazz have lost 5 in a row and are as bad on the road as the Rockets are at home. All of Utah’s recent losses have been close, but they really aren’t very good, especially on defense. If the Rockets take good shots, don’t rely on the three pointer too much, protect the ball, and play at least a little defense, they will probably still get the crap kicked out of them because that’s how bad this team sucks right now.

olynyk back to TC…we shouldn't have let him go, he definitely a better fit than theis

Absolute horsebananas that Eric Gordon is starting on his first back to back on the night Tate returns.

Get this guy the **** outta here.

1st Half

Damn, we are already down by 10 and Utah is in the bonus... and the game has not even started.

Good job giving up on the play

This offense has no reason or purpose.

Maybe someone should start defending mark a nin

Team has no heart. Life sucked out of it.

All this losing has caught up with them.

Don’t know what could even be done about it.

There is a difference between positionless basketball and no one playing a position they know how to play well

Markonnen has 18 points. Maybe we should have played Jabari or Eason on him as primary ddefender?

How are we completely unable to defend picks. Just completely inept.

They get so stupidly open on 3s because our guys can't commit to what they want to do

Jazz are in the "the other team stinks so bad we can win just jacking up shots" phase of the game

Beasley is a very good shooter.

At some point someone just stops leaving Beasley and guards him in close right? RIGHT?

Our offense is nonexistent on strategy. We shouldn’t look this stagnant. I will definitely not be mad if we miss out on Wemby and draft the best pg/facilitator. I’m not blaming kpj becuse he’s playing out of position but we need a floor general. It’s so bad that if we get Wemby I want to trade for Harden or another establish pg like cp3

Will Hardy showing Nice Guy Steve how to hold players accountable

Sees one layup and has to tell them it's not acceptable. I like it heh heh heh

Markkenan has 15 points already in the first.
Jazz pass to a wide open Markkenan in the corner because Jabari for some reason was no where near him.
GET HIM THE F OUT OF THE GAME COACH!

Held them under 40 ! 1st qtr
#Improvements

LOLYNYK Jalen Green trying to guard Olynyk off the ball in the paint and then Olynyk pretending like Green is wrestling him to get a call is funny ****.

Hate watching boring dribble dribble dribble

This is the most we have pushed the ball all season

Jordan Clarkson has more assists than our team

Barely recognized the next KD - Rudy Gay. He's been hitting the Mormon buffets.

Marky Mark on Jazz reminds me of Bullard.

Tate hasn't played in over two months and he's still more ready to go than anyone else

Man can’t they at least make it entertaining? Give Boban Gordon‘a minutes and have him play guard.

Jazz 44
Rockets 38
Markkanen/Beasley 31

Can we sign that guy that just won the autographed ball

Will Hardy looks like just graduated from law school…arguing w ref close to sideline

team lacks so much quality that Tate is a breath of fresh air

If you let 36 year old Rudy Gay score on you you should sit your *** down

Missed wide open shots are deflating

Jabari & Jalen looking especially awful... 2-10 combined FG 0-5 3pt w/ 5 TO's. Gotta expect better production from your #2 & #3 picks...

I've said this but lolol remember over the summer when many (including me) were disappointed at having to "settle" for Paolo lolololololooloooloolool

GODDAMNIT SILAS I AM AT WORK AND I JUST HAD TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH MY BOSS AND I MISSED THE POWER DANCERS.

Lol look at Markanen ripped body and then look at Jabari’s teenager body and you see why he’s dominating that matchup. Give a few seasons.

PA announcer to half empty Toyota Center:
“Come on Rockets fans, DE-FENSE!”

I'm confident Silas could have taken the Durant Warriors team to the lottery.

With the exception of Sengun, I'm not getting too much enjoyment from watching these games. We're just bad, and I agree with EG on the lack of improvement.

At least Lauri Bird gets to have his career night. Good player.

sturdy guy is killing us

Initiate fake comeback #1!

This offense is a crime against humanity... my gawd.

Contrary to popular belief, getting your brains beat in every night is NOT the best thing for a young guy to experience

Our PG has 0 assist in the first half

Markkanen has Ben Gordon arms; that definition.

how empty them seats

i dont understand arguing over who's the cause of this dumpster fire... it's a god damn team effort.

hey we're not down by 20

back again for a Toyota Center halftime show, I sure hope there are hula hoops involved

Rockets looking like they might be in the midst of their annual 15 game losing streak

wow this halftime show is not great, lol

There are college dance teams that compete in World of Dance and HHI (Hip Hop International), the difference between that and this is night and day.

I wish the team played with as much energy as the Punjabbawockeez.

I feel like, we wasted our 1 year of tanking on Jabari Smith.

Well designed, even Steve Jobs would admire this fine engineered tanking job.

the Increasing PUNJABBAWOCKEEZization of the Toyota Center Entertainment Experience

What the fans actually came to see!!

Hahahahahhahahahaha this half time show, I just can't look at it without laughing.

It's even funnier when you picture in your head little Patty running up to his dad saying 'hey dad I found the perfect halftime show entertainment, the fans are going to love it. Trust me dad'.

I plugged in “when will the rockets win another championship” into Chat GPT and it responded “lol”

I must say, that you have to be the most diehard of Rockets fans to watch this team. There is no way any casual fan (which most basketball fans are) have the discipline or desire to watch this team play every other night. It's just bad basketball and frustrating to watch, nightly. Would not recommend.

Had to start logging into the ATT app to avoid the disgusting halftime performances, shout-out to all the warriors still living through the struggle

I've seen enough, I've grown to hate them all

2nd Half

Trade KPJ! No ball movement just hero ball! Jabari needs more shots

1 shot made, $50

2 shots, 4 rockets tickets

3 shots, team signed ball.

After 1 shot I can't believe he tried to make the next 2 lol

REF: "We're going to call everything, so they learn."

Me: "Please don't. No basketball will happen."

REF: "They have to learn!"

Me: "Learn to hate basketball?"

Haha there it is again. Ol KPJ. The ol honcho.
Losing control of his dribble as he skips up the court under no pressure.
I swear I've never, ever seen another person do that so frequently on a basketball court. I'm not even talking just in the NBA.

OPEN WIDE FOR THE FACIAL SMITH, WELCOME TO THE NBA

Missing olynyk's flops so much…i mean when he was in rockets jercey

That dude Markannen is pure. We should have tried for him.

NBA players get tattoos so fast. Wouldn't you want to save some space for what's important to you as you get older?

Tate and Sengun make the Rockets fun and not sad. More of that please

Whew, this team is almost impossible to watch.

I just turned the game on and I was already yelling "pass the ball".

1 point Utah lead to 9 point lead in 90 seconds

The lack of basic basketball skills by 60% of this roster is infuriating.

comeback in motion.
Is it real?

I think the reason every team has record 3 point nights against us is because we don't understand space. NBA players need almost no space, and our guys need lots of space, so they don't defend them close enough

Overplaying vets in tanking is silly.

Smith and sengun for markanen

Jabari is having by far his worst defensive game of the year.
Constantly out of position.
Ironic it comes the game immediately following his blow up about someone else's perceived bad defense.

Sengun on fire. Quick! Take him out!

Utah hit the jackpot with this twin tower

Weak *** refs whistling weak calls mfers

We probably could've traded up for Kessler too instead of drafting TyTy

Shoutout to all the nutsuckers tripping over their dicks to cry about us needing to trade Tate because playing anybody over 22 is blasphemy and what not

This Utah broadcaster is throwing me off. I thought it Sean Jones in the booth with the voice

Refs really helpings us tank this game. Giving every single call to the Jazz.

Starting to think maybe our perimeter defense is a problem

Random bench player #43 to light up the Rockets...step on up!!

“Who is this Agbaji?” —CA

Ochai with 11 points lol

Must be nice to have shooters on your team. I wonder what that feels like...

top 6 guys taken in the 2021 draft: none of them can shoot

There should be an official who just watches the broadcast, and every time a foul is called can just look at the replay and go "no" or "offensive".

Markannen is on fire. Hard to do anything if he's going to do that.

I wonder how many Western Conference players of the week had a game against the Rockets ...

Move faster you damn kids!

The jazz figured out to get the ball to the guy scoring all their points efficiently.

Folks, we're the only game on right now, and the only non blowout of the night so far Have I mentioned how much I hate the Jazz ??
It seems like its a requirement that they have multiple guys that you would love to punch in the face.

The eyes of the NBA world are on us, let's show them our class and style

But we can't figure out to give the ball to sengun.

We have no answer for Lauri, smh

Lauri looking like a tanless Dolph Lungren with a Jeri curl. Calmly scoring at will

Rockets let Ruth from Ozark get a career high

Lauri smacking, burping, and licking his fingers right now

Marksman Markennen

Wasn’t it a 5 point game like 3 minutes ago?

Happy for Lauri. Went from bust in Chicago to role player on Cleveland to allstar in Utah.

fake pride from the Rockets trying to prevent 50 points…this is comedy hour

Markannen is a monster.

Bro who is this guy, he had to have made a deal with the devil this off season

Its so frustrating seeing Utah constantly setting off ball screens while the only screens we set are pnr

Laurbron Markannen was too much

It's kind of sad that both the Texans and Rockets are just waiting until draft day comes along.

Don't let him get 50! Quadruple team!

Got out bigged, Utah has actual centers. One that can shoot lights out.

The last 4 minutes was the epitome of our season. Wow Jalen and KPJ just ignored the whole team jacked up horrible shots and left their men wide open....

Either we drafted 7 bums with first round picks over the last 2 years, or we have no idea how to use them. I don't even know at this point.

Boy do the Bulls look like idiots

Being in the right situation matters so much. Utah got an amazing return for their 2 star players.

I want it in record that I wanted the rockets to go after Markkanen when he was available. A year or 2 ago.

What the heck I go to make a tea and we got blown out!? Who did we blame I missed it!

HAVE SOME ****ING PRIDE AND STOP LAURI

Our ISO ball makes me never want to watch another game.

Post Game

Wow! Another game where our PG has fewer assists than our Center. But some idiots don't seem to get it. Another game with our PG getting a -22. But some still insist...

This team has no direction, you can still lose AND teach something along the way. I dont see any teaching or growth in the team game. Someone fade me, as I have lost all COLOR.

Happy for Lauri Markkanen. He looked uninterested in basketball for a couple years there in Chicago. I wonder what lit his fire.

All we have to do is change the coach, has nothing to do with having the worst young core in the NBA and nothing remotely resembling a franchise player.....

Blow it all up.
Kpj is a fraud
Smith is a bust, literally can't do the 2 things he is meant to be good at. Shoot and defend.
Green is a chucker
Sengun is unplayable defensively
Coach is clueless

Every time I think I’ve run out of ways to be depressed with our squad, they find a new way to sadden me.
That’s all I am now. A sad, sad Rockets fan.
Look at me, Rockets. And see the pain you’ve wrought

anyway I’ll see y’all next game

You know what Clyde would say about this team?
ITS LIKE CLUBBING BABY SEALS

backcourt goes 16-46, 6 assists, 5 turnovers
46 shots and just 6 assists between the 2 of them

I feel sorry for these young guys I know they're tired of losing it's not they're fault this coach doesn't know what he's doing..

clutch city has done turned into choke city even their tank needs triple a or cpr or some jumper cables tank is running on fumes putt putt putt sputtering bout to run out of gas just joking i love the rockets just wish they were having a much better season and were not last place in the west again for the 3rd time in a row 2020-2021 2021-2022 and now 2022-2023

To young and to talented to be this bad. When we gonna catch a break and improve?

They play better when their best players play better. It doesn’t have to be all of them play well at the same time. But it can’t be none of them playing well

Close game, Jabari gets his 4th foul and doesn't touch the floor again. They go on a run, and we didn't have 1 of our better defenders out there. Silas just isn't that dude.

I don’t even get mad nomore I turnt a negative into a positive by betting against us on FanDuel go rockets

No dominant player to protect the paint or even guard Markkanen

We were down by 3 points with like 2-3 minutes left

I think we forget basketball is a 4 quarter game. Game after game we get lit up from 3 with 6 minutes left in the game. Stephen Silas game plan is is no game plan. Love my Rockets, but hard to watch sometimes.

Sengun was on fire at the third quarter and KPJ handle it for Utah. He refused to give him ball at the post again and again. What a player

There's quite a bit of selfish players on this team. They would rather get their own than look out for teammates, especially those who are hot

i appreciate silas for securing us top 3 picks 3 years in a row but it’s time to go

I'm pretty sure half of the players in the NBA have scored their career best game against the Rockets within the last 3 seasons.

Russia would've gotten to the moon first if Silas led NASA btw

Silas the type of coach to get swept in the NBA Finals coaching the 2017 Warriors

Every game is pain sigh

This team has zero chemistry. That's on coaching. I have been in Silas' corner for a while but I'm done. He has to go. Good guy but a terrible coach

1st-3rd we behind only <10 points. At 1 point on 4th we behind only 5 points. Then we lost by that margin!

Silas got to start holding these players accountable there's no way in hell Kevin Porter Jr should be holding a pose after a three

I was going to post a meme but the frowny face made me sad too :(

Y’all shoulda hired an ex nba star, someone like Chauncey billups to mentor the young guys but what do I know

Another dude hangs a fiddy spot on us.

14% chance ... yippee

Not surprised what so ever. It’s honestly embarrassing watching this team and being a fan of them

Pain is all we know

You guys got a serious steal with markannen. Im really impressed with how utah handled this offseason and their trades

Are we the only 2 ppl who can see what the problem is? KPJ is a poor man's Russell Westbrook. Players all out of position. Gordon is not a sf, Smith Jr is not pf and KPJ is not a pg who should be running a team.

We’re not a TEAM. We’re not sharing the ball. There’s no development. This is not Tanking. This is Bull…..it….

Lauri Potter just Finnished you like the Dark Lord all over again.

ngl we would let Karl Anthony Towns with a sprained Achilles drop 30 pts on us

That can't go on like this, it's really time to change something now, you really can't watch it anymore

have some shame as a franchise what the actual **** do yall put on the floor

Dawg I’m tired of going and seeing the half *** preformance **** man our money is worth something. Seems like y’all don’t care about the fans spending their hard earned cash

**** this team so much

hahahahahahaha did you watch the ****fest where Jalen and KPJ chucked bricks after bricks? and still came up with sth to blame Alperen? you have got to be kidding.

This was a winnable game until the moment Agbaji decided to become Curry. Also Silas is probably gone tonight he looked dead inside whole game.

Markkensen is 25 years old. I can't wait to see what Sengun can look like at 25 if we surround him with no selfish players. Jazz playing unselfish and rockets pounded the rubber off the ball on isos to finish the game.

Markkanen wasted the first 4 years of his career in Chicago being misused by Boylen as a spot up shooter. Hope it won't be the same for Sengun with Silas.

I ain’t even gonna lie it was a 6 point game like 5 mins left in the 4th then I tuned to see how our boys we’re doing. They then proceeded to **** the bed my fault guys

5:15 remaining, score difference is 4. Then suddenly team decides to give 0 touches to Sengun. Game ends with a 17 point difference. Just why?

Quotes from around the league

Lauri Markkanen finished Thursday's game with a squeaky-clean box score: 49 Pts 15-27 FG 13-13 FT 8 Reb 0 Personal Fouls 0 Turnovers His 49 Pts are the most by any player to not miss a free throw, commit a foul, or commit turnover in a game since turnovers were first tracked.

Lauri looked like 95% of prime dirk today and I’m not even exaggerating

Lauri All-Starkkanen

rockets are a prime example of why you shouldnt tank just to tank. theyre gonna have to max Green before you know it and he's not even learning anything good basketball wise

Finn Reaper

Lauri is easily all star and most likely MIP.

Lol @ Tate clearly pushing him into the lane and then complaining to the ref about a lane violation.

There is a difference between positionless basketball and no one playing a position they know how to play well
Lmao.
Man can’t they at least make it entertaining? Give Boban Gordon‘a minutes and have him play guard.
Boban at PG? I would tune in.
Can we sign that guy that just won the autographed ball
Likely an upgrade.
Initiate fake comeback #1!
Lol.

Also saw 1 somewhere that said:
"Kelly Olynyk has the body of a bus driver"

Thought that was hilarious.

Markkanen wasted the first 4 years of his career in Chicago being misused by Boylen as a spot up shooter.

Thank God it only took Snyder 40 games how to fully utilize his skills. More curls and pick and rolls than I’ve seen for him all season!