JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Jordan Clarkson that little ************ seemingly scores like 29 points in the 3rd quarter against us every single time with the most ******** shots I swear. I ****in hate that guy

Jazz are in no mans land, not tanking but also not making the playoffs

Feel like its winnable game, but Lauri Markkanen will drop 30pts on us.

Wemby getting ovations at the guest stadiums lol, everyone loves him

I'm kind of confused what the jazz are doing. If they're going to lean into youth and not worry about winning games by starting Hendricks and George, why still bring Kessler off the bench? I don't see any reason why he can't play alongside Lauri.

1st Half

Get this Wemby guy some help!!!

Need someone to flip the no look touch pass Wemby had in the first two minutes to Champagnie who promptly……airballed a 4ft shot.

7 blocks in the first 5 mins is just lol

Sochan airballed a layupSochan airballed a layup

And then he got his dunk blocked. This dude is such a bum

What the type of challenge was that…?

This is sad

This has to be the most digusting quarter of the season

We are just so bad. It’s impressive tbh.

Any time I click over to check out the score the Spurs are in a timeout. Is it 9 turnovers already in the 1st quarter?

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=11033139
This team is missing so much, we're basically missing everything as a team.

This George kid a baller. Rookie?

Wemby was gassed for like 3 minutes lmao

Wemby will benefit from altitude training this summer.

What a ****ing stupid challenge that wasn't even close, even on the broadcast.

This team wont win 5 more games this season

Goddamn Dunn’s hands are quick lmao

I don’t think there’s a team in the league that takes it to the rim weaker than the Spurs. They get so many dunks denied and swipes taken away from them. It’s insane.

So hard to watch this team sometimes but also I dare not miss a game… who knows what Wemby will pull off next. So schizo in my feels.

Victor, Devin, and maybe Tre are the only players on this team who have 2 or more basketball skills. We are really going to have to swap out 80% of this roster over the next 3 years.

They are running us off the floor, cardio just isnt there

Walker Kessler has to have one of the most square-shaped heads/faces I've ever seen

We’d have 0 wins without Wemby

We have so many traffic cone defenders.. Cedi, Malaki, Keldon.. Utah just keeps driving the ball today.

This team needs a priest and a 3 point shooter besides Vassell

Their guards are absolutely torching us. Tre can’t defend ****

How does every team make every shot they take against us? Every team

We have so many possessions where two Spurs trying to grab the board and ended up tapping it to a Jazz player.

Lmao refs are like “let’s get this game over with” Wemby lowkey should have like 2-3 fouls

We get stripped from behind sooo much

Number 54, the guy with the beard and tattoos... I only see him in garbage time. I guess Pop decided that this game is over before the half.

Yeah what the heck, I saw him and I was like who the hell is that? And why does he look like he knows exactly what he's doing and making great decisions?

Spurs playing weaker than Utah beer

About to be down by 30 in the 1st half.

No matter how bad the Spurs are, at least they aren't as bad as NBA Referees. Sheeeesh.

2nd Half

Down by 24 against One of the handful of teams with the worst net rating in the month of February than us It's not a good look.

And it's one thing if you get a game like this. We're a young star like Lauri Just cooks you. But the majority of Utah's points have come off of wide open. Attempts, scores off turnovers, and saunters to the paint completely. Unchallenged when Victor's been on the bench. And on the other end we've made Utah look like Minnesota with how incredibly stagnant we've been on offense.

Big time contender for worst game of the year so far in that saying something considering some of the stinkers we put up in November

damn assistant coach just confirmed that keldon got benched the entire 2nd half for being ***

LOL Kessler is Zach's dad. So bad

Trade for scorer like Jordan Clarkson. This team lacks someone like him.

Can someone identify the last time Zac made a ****ing 3??? I swear it feels like it was 4 months ago

No way they tried a lob with Kessler’s big *** right there

Utah Jazz r in rhythm tonight...

Good grief, it’s garbage time already.

Garbage time? More like garbage team.

I cannot wait until most of this roster isn't on this roster.

Are the Jazz players sick or something? I'm surprised they haven't blown the Spurs out yet considering the way they're playing right now.

This team just can’t get out of its own way. Got it down to 15 and had a fast break before yet another stupid turnover leading to a wide open Utah 3.

Mamu runs like a Georgian rancher chasing after goats in a field

Zach Collins is EASILY the worst player in the league

I think watching these Spurs has become the newest cutting edge technique for high end human torture.

Post-Game

Wemby is averaging 24/11/5 with 2.8 steals and 5.6 blocks in the last 5 on 60% TS. We are also 1-4. This tanking **** is tough.

turns out a 39 point first half isn't the recipe to winning basketball. back to the drawing board

Zach Collins should retire and become a bookshelf cleaner.

Breaking news, Wembanyama plays excellent and the team gets blown out anyways. Back to you Cotton

Seriously need to start a Gofundme to pay out Zach’s contract.

If Zach wasn’t 6’11” he’d be in lower end management at a Chick Fil A

Wemby's teammates are giving me cancer

A very shameful performance

Do you think Will Hardy comes back to San Antonio once Pop retires?

Utah really has no direction. They really need to tear it all down. They traded Gobert and Mitchell. It didn't get them anywhere. Are they going to tank next year to get Cooper Flagg?

The start and the end of the game were catastrophic. There were missed actions and shots that were really unworthy of a professional basketball player. The saddest part is seeing Wemby and Vassell give it their all and be powerless with non-existent teammates!

SPURS COLLINS WATCHES AS UTAH COLLINS DRIVES RIGHT BY HIM AND LAYS IT IN. ZERO CONTESTING. ARMS AT HIS SIDES. LITERALLY BEST POSITION IN THE ARENA FOR THAT BASKET.

That Meta Mucil commercial that just played fits in perfectly with tonight's game

Quotes from around the league

Advanced tank job by pop, trying to get that help in the draft

Not a Spurs fan but I want to watch Wemby so I tune into games a lot. Dear lord, it's so bad. I change the game when he sits and many times don't bother changing it back because the game gets out of hand as soon as he sits.

I don't know how to describe what I'm watching. I get they aren't the most skilled but it's like they are playing together for the first time every night. Zero chemistry on offense or defense.

Sexton quietly with a near perfect point guard type stat line. Not overly shooting the ball. Ten assists, and a bunch of steals. He's a nice player. Good buy low last year on him.

Wemby shoulda had a triple double or close to it but holy **** get this man some ****ing HELP!

i just wanna say that these jazz jerseys are probably my favorite city jerseys that have come out this season

I'm kind of confused what the jazz are doing. If they're going to lean into youth and not worry about winning games by starting Hendricks and George, why still bring Kessler off the bench? I don't see any reason why he can't play alongside Lauri.
Yeah you and every Utah fan, buddy.

When it’s tank season @JazzAvenues should switch to posting a thread with our most frustrated comments only in losses. Can just copy and paste the game thread.
True! Gotta admit that the sell-off trades really knocked the wind out of my enthusiasm for Jazz Basketball this season. Still, rooks lookin good - a lot to be optimistic about when you compare our road with that of the Spurs, even with their generational #1 prize.

True! Gotta admit that the sell-off trades really knocked the wind out of my enthusiasm for Jazz Basketball this season. Still, rooks lookin good, a lot to be optimistic about when you compare our road with that of the Spurs, even with their generational #1 prize.

Dunno about that. In a year or two Wemby is going to develop the magnetic pull that will draw a high B level star or two to sign with SA.
If Pops retires and they are also able to bring in one of his hot young proteges (cough cough) and SA could accelerate with haste.

Dunno about that. In a year or two Wemby is going to develop the magnetic pull that will draw a high B level star or two to sign with SA.
If Pops retires and they are also able to bring in one of his hot young proteges (cough cough) and SA could accelerate with haste.
Good points, I’d be willing to bet that Pop doesn’t get another one though and we already have one of the very best protégés Pop ever had imo. And they don’t have Danny - betting against the odds that we beat em to the top this time!

Eternal optimist I know.