What's new

Quotes from the Detroit Pistons forums - "All 3 Aussies having an impact. Too bad we only have 1"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/comments/5zn3v2/game_thread_pistons_vs_jazz/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPis...st_game_thread_pistons_fall_to_the_jazz_9783/
https://www.motownsports.com/forums/topic/95694-game-68-jazz-pistons/?page=1
https://detroitpistonsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1539529
https://www.pistonsforum.com/threads/utah-jazz-wednesday-march-15-2017.9872/
https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017...-score-gordon-hayward-rudy-gobert-aron-baynes
https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017...vs-jazz-gamethread-game-time-tv-odds-and-more

I just wish the Jazz could rest all their good players

I'm rooting for not falling behind by 10+ in the first quarter

Just stop Stockton and Malone and we'll be okay.

Quinn Snyder is going to be stuck in the 'WTF?' face all night as he listens to Van Gundy yell at his guys all game telling them they stink.

Utah were already one of our bogey teams and both times we play them this season are on the back end of a travelling back to back. Tough

Utah just beat the Clippers last game. They are for real because they play defense and can shoot and kill you on pick and rolls.

0 free throw attempts. Just long 2 after long 2.

Okay we're down 10. Can we take a 3 now?

put the bench in forever

5 Assists in a half? 1 three in a half?

Banking in FT line hook shots over Gobert is gonna turn this game around.

Are we the only team that doesn't realize the 3 point line exists?

Oh yeah. I forgot that Joe Johnson was on the Jazz. He'll probably end up with 31 points tonight.

Wow. We're playing lazy as f*** and the Jazz are just dismantling us. Good for them. We deserve this.

As frustrating as it is against us, jazz playing beautiful unselfish basketball

A team full of low basketball iq morons, still wish we traded Reggie and Andre at the deadline..

Did anybody else see Van Gundy say "This is f***ing embarrassing! when the camera was on him?

Boris Diaw plays for the Jazz? Huh.

Every play ends in a wide open jumper, so tired of this teams defense..

Woo just like last game watching us look like crap on offense and watching the other team make every shot..

this ingles dude is working us

Utah is everything*SVG*is trying to build here.

I too, wish we had the Utah Jazz's roster...

What a pass by Gobert

Hayward is handsome and good at basketball

All 3 Aussies having an impact. Too bad we only have 1.

Well, that was the worst first half of the season. 35 points at halftime lmao. Man...we really don't deserve playoffs.*

The $100 million SG has 0 points at halftime.

35 points at halftime, great idea starting Leuer tonight it really got our offense going early..

Games like this clearly show we don't have a leader nor the type of player to rely on.
Second night of a back to back with travel against the #4 seed in the West who's won 42 games. I see no reason to believe the Pistons can take this game. If you're a fan of history, we're 4-18*against the Jazz in the past dozen years. Plus, they wrecked us 110-77 in January.

They're lucky im not at the game. This team is ridiculous, NO*FIGHT,NO*EFFORT,OVERPAID*GUYS.*BLOW*IT UP.*KEEP*TOBIAS*STANLEY,*MAYBE*KCP

Outscored by 21 from 3. Only 6 3 point attempts. Can someone else complain about this please so it’s not just me.

seriously think Miami deserves playoffs more than this team. And I hate Miami.

I would probably get ejected for heckling my own team

God I wish we had Gordon Hayward lol

Gobert has a serious defensive gravity. They are frustrating our offense. Nothing is open at all.

We were on the same level as the Jazz going into this season, a young team with tons of potential but the Jazz got a lot better while we stayed the same and maybe even got worse..

We've got a couple 33% 3 point shooters. That's a pretty damn elite percentage, right?

Van Gundy once again demonstrates why he is the worst coach in the league at out of timeout plays, as his comeback play sets up Drummond for a post-up against the best defensive center in the league.

We cant get an open look. Credit Jazz. All Jazz.

I'm done with Andre. He is an abomination of a basketball player.

Ever wish you were a Jazz fan? The Jazz are the model. Only thing seperating us from them is shooting and defense. Oh wait... That's pretty much all basketball is.

The mental effort and positivity I have to maintain throughout an entire pistons games to keep believing we will win in games like these is absolutely exhausting.

Yep they have high basketball iq players who can shoot and play defesne, we have low basketball iq players who cant shoot or play defense. Love watching all the other young teams improve and get better while we get worse.

I think the Jazz have significantly better players than us. The rest of the roster is debatable. But their two best players are better than anyone on our roster. And I think everyone agrees that Hill is better than Reggie.
• Gobert > Drummond
Hayward > Morris
Hill > Reggie

Van Gundy should fire himself.

Andre "F*** It I'm Rich and Want to be an Actor" Drummond

This team playing with no energy is probably the worst team in the league. ill bet we dont reach 40 points by halftime.

It seems to be the master plan this season -- go down by double-digits and wait for the other team to lose interest...

This game really a testament to George Hill being such a good defender. Reggie just can't find a corner in the PNR and it's killing every action we take.

leuer is not good tonight and he just got cooked by the slowest moves Joe Johnson has ever made.

plz dont gve me hope

Down 8 by hitting super tough shots. Not the wide open ones.

Since when can Joe freaking Ingles pull off a sidestep dribble 3?

LMAO they show Rudy Gobert's screen for elite execution and it's a textbook moving screen.

Jazz making Pistons look like a D-League team

Bright spots tonight. None. There are none.

Jazz are playing some beautiful basketball. I’m gonna stay tuned in just to watch that and dream about our Players having even a fraction of the Basketball IQ that they have

Gordan Heyward, Jimmy Butler, Paul George. I’m not sure Heyward is definitely the third-best player in that list. He’s damn good.

I haven't been able to just watch this whole game through. I've had to change the channel until I work up the nerve to watch it again. Ugghhh

Wow. Only 4 minutes left in the third and we still haven't hit 50 points. Can't get much more pathetic than that.

This team has the worst shot selection I have ever seen, every other team we play seems to pass the ball around until someone is open while we just force contested shot after contested shot.

A big part of that is that we don't have any players worthy of the defense paying special attention too. Nobody respects our shooters (and for good reason) and we only have one starter that tries to attack the basket but Andre is useless outside of 3 feet so the paint is always packed. Ball movement and people movement are great but if the defense doesn't have to worry about guarding anyone outside of 10 feet then no one is going to be open for a "good" shot.

Oh look another forced contested shot

Awful ball movement, rebounding, shot selection and defense. This is ridiculous lol*

I want 90 percent of this roster gone next season

Yup Gordon Hayward is still f***ing great.

Absolutely deserve these boos... they are meant to be fighting for a playoff position, not losing back-to-backs by double digits

"So you’re saying there’s a chance?"

I love that our "best players" and "franchise guys" are both being benched and we are coming back.

Deeeeeepressssing Basketbaaaaaal

Gobert > Andre

Gobert is so much better than Drummond.

The Jazz would compete--hard--with the Cavs for the #1 seed if they were an EC team.*

Tobias can't keep allowing joe ingles to torch him either.

Why is Leuer guarding Joe Johnson? What the **** is the reason for this?

I think the Jazz beat CLE in a seven-game series with a healthy Favors*AND with a healthy Love for CLE.* If Ft. Pierce's finest comes back and is somehow the same player he was that earned that $44M contract, then different story.

Jackson and Drummond each played 20 minutes tonight.*

that was such a beautifully executed play by the Jazz

Because we have a roster full of stupid, lazy players with one dimensional games and zero pride.

I'm just going to start cheering for the other team the rest of the season

I watched about 1/3 of this game...much of the game was unwatchable. Big difference between a very good team like the Jazz and a mediocre team like Detroit. Jazz move the ball, can hit open shots, and play D. Can't say the same for our Pistons.

Pistons 2/13 from the arc*. Jazz 13/28. There's your game. Not going to beat anyone if you can't make a 3 and can't defend it.

Everyone knew Andre had motivation issues.* Maxed him.* Everyone knew Jackson had an attitude problem and was a one trick pony.* Gave him 80 mil. I wonder what they will do this offseason with KCP, glaring faults and all?

Boooooooooooo

13 3's, 12 FT attempts, 14 assists. Inexcusable and this team is becoming a punchline on playing 1997 basketball in 2017.

The utah jazz went 13-28 from the 3pt line. The pistons went 3-13. That’s a difference of 30 damn points in utah’s favor. They also shot and made more FT’s than the pistons (12-16 to 8-12, +4 for utah). They had 28 assists to detroit’s 14. Basically, the utah jazz moved the ball, hit open shooters, and stayed aggressive. The pistons didn’t move the ball, jacked up long 2’s & attempted floaters over the best rim protector in the league as a response. The pistons probably lead the league in mid-range shots, attempted per game.

Reactions: 8
Since when can Joe freaking Ingles pull off a sidestep dribble 3?"

Joe Ingles world beater.

I don't know if he's better, but I wouldn't trade Gordon for George or Butler.

If we were in the Eastern Conference we would def make the conference finals. I don't think we'd beat Cleveland but we'd push them. Lets just focus on pounding that Clippers team into pieces.

Opposing fans Bingo - look for them all after each game

We want Hayward. He is handsome and can ball. And his hair is not of this world

Wait, is Joe Johnson still in the league?

Gobert is a defensive force of nature

Snyder is scary, and has left a string of hookers in his wake

Diaw knows how to eat

Jingles should be on social security, and he is lighting us up

We wish we were cheering for the Jazz

Since when can Joe freaking Ingles pull off a sidestep dribble 3?"

Joe Ingles world beater.

I don't know if he's better, but I wouldn't trade Gordon for George or Butler.

If we were in the Eastern Conference we would def make the conference finals. I don't think we'd beat Cleveland but we'd push them. Lets just focus on pounding that Clippers team into pieces.

They don't get it together and it might be Memphis or OKC we face.

I declare jazzavenue the poster of the year. Really no contest. Another set of great fan reactions from the other team. He has made each and every win sooooooooo satisfying and ever joyful

Kristen Kenney reads Jazzfanz confirmed

Hi Kristen!

We love you Kristen!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

now we need her to comment here!! we <3 you Kristen!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Hey guys, it's me Kristen, love the comments keep up the good work!!

Jkjk

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

Stop acting like 13 year old girls. Lol