What's new

Quotes from the Magic's forums-"Who the f*** is Niang and why is he torching us?"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
If we play how we played last night we will win. Lets see what the boys have got

This should be a W. Get em!

Before the Heat game I would've told you we would've lost to the Heat and beat the Jazz. Now, I'm sure we'll lose because we can never have good things.

The Utah Jazz rank 1st in the #NBA in 3pt percentage (at 38.8%). They also are 10th in the league at defending the 3 keeping opponents under 34.%. It’s going to be pivotal that The Orlando Magic keep them under control from deep and hit shots from deep early.

How are you losing this early to the Jazz. Get it together, have to win this at home

Jazz getting the calls and in the bonus. Refs forget who the home team is.

Utah's bench sucks. I feel if we can at least beat them in that area, we'll keep it close.

Bogi scare me

Our shooting is comical at times. Especially from behind the 3pt line

With Gobert on the bench, we need Vucci playing so he can get going.... having him only in the game when the DPOY is in isn’t helping him.

Looks like we forget how to defend overnight

Fournier’s shooting has been really off

Bamba looking like gobert with a 3 right now

Gobitch is probably the most overrated player in the nba

I'm so conflicted on Fultz. How do you become the 1 pick in the NBA draft and play like this?

We are 1 of 12 on three point tries. No more until next week!

We have to be -168 in the last 10 secs of quarters this season

-168 in last ten seconds. Agree. It’s incredible ain’t it. Every bloody game

Gobert showing Vuc what a $25m player is supposed to look like

Getting killed on rebounding.

Good game we have here. Interesting 4th to come. We got this!

The **** is Mudiay doing this ****? Bust ***!

T. Ross still has Human Torch mode set to ON. He looks incredible out there.

lmfao Utah's commentary talking about Bamba being a game changer. But yeah, he isn't a NBA talent, right forums?

Vucevic's struggles with physical bigs continues
everyone struggles against Gobert

This is the formula to beat Utah. Keep chasing them off the 3pt line.

Any idea on why were trying to run the offense through Iwundu? I mean the guy is a plug in starter not a playmaking point forward

Mitchell is class. Makes it look so easy

Can we have ****ing EMMANUEL MUDDIAY stop doing ****

lol first Bojan cursing at ref like crazy at his native, than Vuc at his
clip_image001.gif

Good thing they don't understand what they were told

vuc & gobert dunkfest lol

Mitchell is unstoppable in the paint tonight. Fultz is playing him tight and he's hitting everything still.
Vuc looks fired up. Hopefully it fuels him to step up to Gobert, but Vuc generally doesn't seem to respond well when he's angry.

How many times has Gordon dribbled it into traffic and lost the ball tonight?

All I want is to trade Vooch and give Bamba all the minutes. He’s gonna be good. Going nowhere with Vooch as our main guy

We are right there. That was a pretty good 3rd quarter from us. Need to keep our defensive intensity up and just hope we can contain Bojan and Mitchell.

Star Wars theme nights annoyes living life out of me.
Disney ruining another movie franchize by using it to milk money, without any plan what to do with it.

Jazz are due for an ice cold quarter.

The Magic and Jazz made more three pointers in the third quarter than Miami made in the entire game last night.

I'll never forget Donovan's rookie year before he started blowing up, he went off against us at a game I went to. I remember saying "We're letting Donovan ****ing Mitchell do this."

Well...

Who the **** is Niang and why is he torching us

I love when George Niang who averages 4 points a game scores 6 points in 2 possessions.

Jazz beat the Heat’s 4q point total in about 70 seconds lmao.

A career 3.3 PPG scorer going off against us hell yeah I'm used to this

WHO THE **** IS NIANG PLEASE MAKE IT STOP

Whoever said Utah is due for a cold 4th quarter, take it back

Worst ****ing way to lose a game. Let them hit 5 threes in the first 3 mins

If only we had a player like spida

Disappointed but nothing we can do when a team gets that hot.

Jazz have like twelve guys on their team who can shoot lights out from three while we have like two. Why, basketball gods? What have we done to deserve this?

What a **** quarter

Someday we'll have our own 3 point shooting

I offer no credit to Utah....they made lucky shots in the 4th despite the coverages

This team has reached its ceiling

Couldnt even win what should have been an automatic W. Pathetic. Can beat heat by 20+ but not utah

Coach starting the 4Q with

Augustin, Ross, iwundu, bamba and birch. As if getting points is not important. Meanwhile Jazz have 2 of the starters to start the 4th.

Jazz looking to set a record for 3pts in a quarter at this rate.

Niang always seems to play well against us. Underrated Magic killer.

Guy is career 3 ppg player

I know which makes it hurt more...

Dude always plays above his head against us.

Knee-hag torching us.

That 4th quarter was stupid.

The Jazz rained in a crazy amount of 3s
In that last quarter, and that was all she wrote

Was afraid the game would end up being like this. They just shoot the 3 ball much better than the Magic.

The worst thing we can do now, and the thing we will probably do, is think we are one or two moves away. We need to accept that this league is a star driven league, we did not have the stomach for a proper tank job like Phoenix, Philly, Sacramento, et al, who have all got their future guys now, and we are basically fked without it. We will not recruit our star. Time to sell up, and bottom out. Its that simple. If we want to be this mediocre 35-40 win team for the next 5 years then we may as well sell the team and move to Seattle.

Management needs to find a way to get some shooting on this basketball team. Those barrage of 3s just killed our spirit as guys look tired now.

I remember when I wanted to draft Mitchell at #6. And once we drafted Isaac, I wanted to trade Evan+pick(s) to Denver for #13 for Mitchell.

Could you imagine Mitchell/Ross/Isaac/Gordon/Vuc? Oof.

Jazz has no top 10 players on their team. Would you say they are star driven with Gobert 27th and Mitchell 13th?

Was hoping to see some improvement in Fultz's 3 shot at this point, but we haven't seen it. % still better than I expected but the form is rough. If he can't get his 3 shot to look like his 15 footer, I agree we need to find a new starting PG. I'll still give it another year because we aren't doing anything with the current roster anyway.

Mitchell and Gobert are definitely stars. Mitchell, especially, who also has a good argument for all star consideration, is avg 25 ppg and has the ability to take over a game, who the hell could do that for the magic? Lol.

Mitchell is ofcourse someone id consider a cornerstone guy. Both Gobert and Mitchell are better than anything we have. We have nobody who is a go to player. We wont get that at 13th pick etc unless we get incredibly lucky, and id prefer we raise our chances by tanking. No amount of Vuc, Fournier, AG, signing Aminu, etc is going to change the fact we dont have a single A level player. We can move the deck chairs around all day, swap a few, it wont help. We simply do not have the guy.

I want to believe he worded that wrong. The Jazz were able to build their roster by drafting very well without the need of a top 10 draft pick. Mitchell and Gobert are big time and most certainly top 10 at their respective positions.

Tanking increases your chances. Sure you have Kobe, Giannis, and Mitchell, but the closer you are to the top of the draft the more likely you will get a star. There is no guarantee but your chances are higher.

Both Mitchell and Gobert were drafed by Nuggets
clip_image002.gif

They just fooled them into trades

Yep. They went lights out and we struggled all night against a great defence. Positives were TRoss, Bamba looking much improved and Khem and Wes stepping up well.

AG's decision making in transition is absolutely terrible though, it felt like every single time he had the ball in a break we lost possession.

I swear the Jazz just have this hate boner for us that allows them to go nuclear

Also, who the **** is GEORGES NIANG

Not much you can do when the Jazz have a 4th quarter like that. Everything was falling, wish we just let T Ross have an opportunity to do the same after he ended the 3rd hot again.

Can we have just have ONE game when one of our scrubs goes off on a team?

Wes Iwundu going 4/5 from 3 pls.

Niang was shooting 43% from 3 before tonight and Iwundu was shooting 10%...big difference

We need more Sniper off the bench like Niang and less whatever Aminu was

I was watching the Orlando feed and during a time out they had a fan picked to guess if a name was a Star Wars Character or NBA Player. One of the names was Georges Niang.
Did he get it right?

Didn't even know it was Star Wars night but I wore my Harden 4 Star Wars shoes.

From the comments, Jazz still don't get respect around the league. Just need to keep winning and move into 2nd in the WC.

Last edited:
When fans ask how on earth their team is losing "to the Jazz" I have to conclude they are complete casuals. We're not the freaking Hornets or current GSW for hell's sake.

Reactions: UB
I thought most people in the east understood how awful the eastern conference is. They seem to think the eastern conference is amazballs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk